• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hey VGC owners Magic key is available for purchase

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in queue now

Attachments

• 27EBB935-F707-43AB-B952-BBDA43DE9F1D.png
    27EBB935-F707-43AB-B952-BBDA43DE9F1D.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 22

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
So which one did you get?

I wanted the enchant key but it sold out… from what I understand the queue will remain open until 10pm pacific time or until the other passes sell out.

Kinda disappointed we head there on Saturday

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I wanted the enchant key but it sold out… from what I understand the queue will remain open until 10pm pacific time or until the other passes sell out.

Kinda disappointed we head there on Saturday

Well. I don’t remember if I posted here about this, but back in Nov, I tried to buy Magic Key passes. After 15 hours in queue, the website glitched while I was checking out. I was flailing for 45 min, couldn’t get any help via phone. Then they sold out while I had the damn passes in my cart. I finally got someone on the line, and got attitude from her for calling the Magic Key help line (I called the help number listed on the webpage that I was on). Then more attitude because I opened the queue on a Safari browser on my IPad and it’s a “known” issue that Disney’s website doesn’t play well with IOS or Safari. Really? Then I got a bunch of “sorry for the inconvenience.” I called her on all that, then she actually did try to help me for 40 min- incognito browser, log in, log out, log back in. I wasn’t following where she was going with everything. Eventually we got to an impasse because apparently I had two Disney accounts- one normal account that I was familiar with and one associated with our Disney+ account. Somehow the Disney+ account took priority over the regular Disney account that I normally log into. I didn’t know that password and she couldn’t reset it because that was Disney+’s IT domaine. She was transferring me to Disney+ when we got disconnected. It wouldn’t surprise me if she hung up on me.

Of course no call back. I requested help via the Disneyland website. Crickets.

I was fed up. Cancelled our one Dec VGC reservation, rented the other. Cancelled every dining reservation, including Club 33. I was done. Cancelled Disney+ and deleted that account.

Then Bob Chapek got fired. Then they announced a SoCal Resident three day ticket deal. We bought two 3 day hopper tickets. Time for a second chance.

Today I saw a social media post about the Magic Key sales resuming. I’m at work, in the middle of seeing appointments. Got in the queue, it was a little over an hour wait. Meanwhile, I read the terms and conditions of my three day hopper passes and they are upgradable to a new ticket purchase, including a new Magic Key purchase but not a renewal.

Great, I stay in the queue. Then finally it’s my turn to purchase. There’s no recognition that I’m holding three day hoppers that are upgradable. No option to upgrade. I just purchase the SoCal resident Magic Key pass. Then I cancel my hopper-associated park reservations (we‘re going Thursday and Friday of this week) and rebook with the new Magic Key passes.

Then I try calling and get stuck in an endless phone menu loop for 10 min until I’m finally disconnected. I call back and succesfully get put in a phone queue. After 30 min (mind you, I’m at work), I get to a human. She’s “sorry“ for my “inconvenience” but while it’s true my three day hopper passes are upgradable but that’s only at the Disneyland ticket booths not online (the T&C do not indicate any such stipulation). I point out that they started selling the Magic Key passes at 9am on a weekday with zero advance notice. People are at work and can’t just go to Disneyland to upgrade their tickets to passes (nor would they have any way of knowing they’d have to do it this way). All she can do is robotically repeat that she’s sorry for my inconvenience.

Disney has truly become maddening. They just no longer give a hoot about providing quality customer service.

So I’m currently holding three day park hopper passes which expire at the end of May. And Magic Key passes that expire one week from the day of first use. Apparently if I don’t use one or the other of them and let them “expire” (what does that even mean for unactivated Magic Key passes?), I will get a credit for the purchase amount that I can then use to buy *new* tickets or passes. I think I cannot use those funds for a Magic Key renewal, only a new purchase. If I were happy with Disney, the thing to do would be to use the three day hoppers this spring, then activate the Magic Key passes in Sept. But I’m pretty fed up and I don’t want to extend the time I’m obligated to visit Disneyland any longer than necessary. I’m going to just activate the Magic Key passes this Thursday and continue to argue to get my money back for the “upgradable“ hopper tickets that there’s no practical way to upgrade. If I don’t get my $ back, I’ll have to just let them expire and then use my Magic Key pass for a year, then let *that* expire, then use my credit to buy tickets and then wash my hands of them.

I have sent a detailed email to guest services. Will they reply “sorry for your inconvenience“? Probably!

Jeez I need to go out and get a PhD in Themeparkery to buy a damn ticket. All the loopholes and ”gotchas” with Disney are just grossing me out.

TL/DR I got two Imagine Passes today but strangely am not excited for our quickie trip this Thursday/Friday.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well. I don’t remember if I posted here about this, but back in Nov, I tried to buy Magic Key passes. After 15 hours in queue, the website glitched while I was checking out. I was flailing for 45 min, couldn’t get any help via phone. Then they sold out while I had the damn passes in my cart. I finally got someone on the line, and got attitude from her for calling the Magic Key help line (I called the help number listed on the webpage that I was on). Then more attitude because I opened the queue on a Safari browser on my IPad and it’s a “known” issue that Disney’s website doesn’t play well with IOS or Safari. Really? Then I got a bunch of “sorry for the inconvenience.” I called her on all that, then she actually did try to help me for 40 min- incognito browser, log in, log out, log back in. I wasn’t following where she was going with everything. Eventually we got to an impasse because apparently I had two Disney accounts- one normal account that I was familiar with and one associated with our Disney+ account. Somehow the Disney+ account took priority over the regular Disney account that I normally log into. I didn’t know that password and she couldn’t reset it because that was Disney+’s IT domaine. She was transferring me to Disney+ when we got disconnected. It wouldn’t surprise me if she hung up on me.

Of course no call back. I requested help via the Disneyland website. Crickets.

I was fed up. Cancelled our one Dec VGC reservation, rented the other. Cancelled every dining reservation, including Club 33. I was done. Cancelled Disney+ and deleted that account.

Then Bob Chapek got fired. Then they announced a SoCal Resident three day ticket deal. We bought two 3 day hopper tickets. Time for a second chance.

Today I saw a social media post about the Magic Key sales resuming. I’m at work, in the middle of seeing appointments. Got in the queue, it was a little over an hour wait. Meanwhile, I read the terms and conditions of my three day hopper passes and they are upgradable to a new ticket purchase, including a new Magic Key purchase but not a renewal.

Great, I stay in the queue. Then finally it’s my turn to purchase. There’s no recognition that I’m holding three day hoppers that are upgradable. No option to upgrade. I just purchase the SoCal resident Magic Key pass. Then I cancel my hopper-associated park reservations (we‘re going Thursday and Friday of this week) and rebook with the new Magic Key passes.

Then I try calling and get stuck in an endless phone menu loop for 10 min until I’m finally disconnected. I call back and succesfully get put in a phone queue. After 30 min (mind you, I’m at work), I get to a human. She’s “sorry“ for my “inconvenience” but while it’s true my three day hopper passes are upgradable but that’s only at the Disneyland ticket booths not online (the T&C do not indicate any such stipulation). I point out that they started selling the Magic Key passes at 9am on a weekday with zero advance notice. People are at work and can’t just go to Disneyland to upgrade their tickets to passes (nor would they have any way of knowing they’d have to do it this way). All she can do is robotically repeat that she’s sorry for my inconvenience.

Disney has truly become maddening. They just no longer give a hoot about providing quality customer service.

So I’m currently holding three day park hopper passes which expire at the end of May. And Magic Key passes that expire one week from the day of first use. Apparently if I don’t use one or the other of them and let them “expire” (what does that even mean for unactivated Magic Key passes?), I will get a credit for the purchase amount that I can then use to buy *new* tickets or passes. I think I cannot use those funds for a Magic Key renewal, only a new purchase. If I were happy with Disney, the thing to do would be to use the three day hoppers this spring, then activate the Magic Key passes in Sept. But I’m pretty fed up and I don’t want to extend the time I’m obligated to visit Disneyland any longer than necessary. I’m going to just activate the Magic Key passes this Thursday and continue to argue to get my money back for the “upgradable“ hopper tickets that there’s no practical way to upgrade. If I don’t get my $ back, I’ll have to just let them expire and then use my Magic Key pass for a year, then let *that* expire, then use my credit to buy tickets and then wash my hands of them.

I have sent a detailed email to guest services. Will they reply “sorry for your inconvenience“? Probably!

Jeez I need to go out and get a PhD in Themeparkery to buy a damn ticket. All the loopholes and ”gotchas” with Disney are just grossing me out.

TL/DR I got two Imagine Passes today but strangely am not excited for our quickie trip this Thursday/Friday.

Oh that sucks- we had to go through all that nonsense getting our WDW APs back. We actually flew down for a weekend to straighten it out.

The website said new passes are online only- when I originally bought our hoppers I just figured on bridging them into enchant keys, So I feel like it’s done for me right now.

Seems we will just miss you we fly in on Saturday-

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Oh that sucks- we had to go through all that nonsense getting our WDW APs back. We actually flew down for a weekend to straighten it out.

The website said new passes are online only- when I originally bought our hoppers I just figured on bridging them into enchant keys, So I feel like it’s done for me right now.

Seems we will just miss you we fly in on Saturday-
No, new passes are sold at the ticket booths at DLR or online. Of course only when they’re still available. You just can’t purchase via telephone.

Yes we‘ll miss each other. We have one night at VGC on Thursday. We’ll be there for early entry both Thursday and Friday. To miss rush hour, we need to either leave by 3pm Friday or around 8pm. I’d like to catch the fireworks but we’ll see how well my annoyance holds out.

Either way though, we’ll be back home by Sat.