• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frommers Article on Disney Park Woes

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

throwing this here cause park reset for AP holders was one of my complaints but they are gonna easy up on afternoon park reservations
Go Team Iger

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I just skimmed the article, but it strikes me as true. Our family has taken our longest break ever from Disney. Every business has a right to earn profits, but Disney has over-charged and under-delivered for quite some time in my opinion. We're hoping to go back in about a year if they start selling annual passes again and seem to get their act together.

Sheila

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

throwing this here cause park reset for AP holders was one of my complaints but they are gonna easy up on afternoon park reservations
Go Team Iger
Good steps in the right direction!

Sheila

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I would like to see Disneyland and Disney World offering annual passes to new people again. It's not fair that only some can have passes because they renew every year (and I am one of those who has AP's all of the time, so it doesn't apply to me). I just think it's favoring one category of people over another.

I don't like Genie+. I agree with @heathpack on that one. It's a money grab for Disney and it puts some guests ahead of others. Yes, I can afford it, but I won't pay for it, no matter how much they want me to. The early entry has gotten us in an hour early, not just the 30 minutes touted by the MDE. The parks are open a full hour before regular walk-in time for non-Disney guests. We rode Avatar and Navi River before the parks even opened, and the crowds were low. We also rode Rise today at Hollywood Studios before others came in and were done with the ride before the park opened "officially." We stood in line a little too long for Toy Story Mania and Mickey/ Minnie Runaway Railway. The signs were wrong by at least 20 minutes because LL people were going in ahead of the regular folks.

I don't see much loss of magic or nice cast members, and we are a week into our trip. We have 9 more days to go before we head back on the 19th. We drove, so it will be quite a long trip home to Denver with some stops along the way.

We go to Universal tomorrow and Wedneday, not that I ride much at Universal. I am not a fan of roller coasters, but I put up with Gringotts and really enjoy the train and the Forbidden Journey Harry Potter ride. I rode Haggrid's once and never again. That scared the living daylights out of me. :) We have AP's and decided to get a hotel night at Universal's Royal Pacific with Chase UR points in order to get Universal Express for two days. We won't stay the night at the hotel, we will stay at Saratoga Springs, so the room will sit empty. That's kind of a waste, but maybe we will go back for a nap tomorrow. We are old and retired.

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
@rickandcindy23 I love the mid day nap idea!!

I am so excited to see parking fees for Disney resorts go away. Thankful that passholders can come in after 2pm withOUT reservations as well.

My husband is convinced that everyone moves faster when there is no “special” line. When you get in line just before closing, you can tell when all the Genie+ people are on, because the line moves so much faster. This phenomenon also works during that early hour. Same place in the queue=less time to get through.

Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
@rickandcindy23 I love the mid day nap idea!!

I am so excited to see parking fees for Disney resorts go away. Thankful that passholders can come in after 2pm with reservations as well.

My husband is convinced that everyone moves faster when there is no “special” line. When you get in line just before closing, you can tell when all the Genie+ people are on, because the line moves so much faster. This phenomenon also works during that early hour. Same place in the queue=less time to get through.

your husband is IMO 100% right… Genie + is a money grab. It works on the same counts as fastpass did 8 genie guests -1 stand by …which didn’t do anything to help standby time or the lightning lane. This wont earn me any likes but I had hoped that they would price it similar to universal express pass it’s quite a bit more but WORKS BETTER because less people have it. Even though universal gives it away to top tier hotels and some . pass-holders in afternoons…

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I’m so glad they also reversed their policy of charging to park at your resort (not applicable to DVC members staying on points). It did not affect us, but it was adding another financial burden ….Pop Century was $20/day.
I still don’t understand the whole no annual passes thing. A number of DVC members did not renew because of the unknown with the closures, never dreaming they would not be able to purchase a new one. Again does not affect us…..we kept ours….but I just don’t get it.
universal is steaming right along….two new parks in the works.
@rickandcindy23 can you point me in the right direction to learn more about Universal and annual passes? We definitely want to visit there but it is a complete unknown to me. TIA. Hope you are enjoying your trip….I see it’s gotten a little chilly down there.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
can you point me in the right direction to learn more about Universal and annual passes?
The Universal Orlando Resort main page is https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/gb. The page about UOR APs is https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/promo.

UOR isn’t as friendly to Shrek-sized people as WDW is to Pooh-sized, so in recent years we’ve visited only with my extreme roller coaster-loving sister. However, the Harry Potter sections are amazing; be sure to buy park to park tickets so you can ride the Hogwarts Express.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
The Universal Orlando Resort main page is https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/gb. The page about UOR APs is https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/promo.

UOR isn’t as friendly to Shrek-sized people as WDW is to Pooh-sized, so in recent years we’ve visited only with my extreme roller coaster-loving sister. However, the Harry Potter sections are amazing; be sure to buy park to park tickets so you can ride the Hogwarts Express.
Thank you for this info. I’ve heard of some couples that will only buy one annual pass to get access to discounted hotel rooms there that give early entry, and their version of fast pass. I would not mind doing a two night stay and then moving on to a DVC stay. I really dislike regular hotel rooms….I’ve gotten extremely spoiled with DVC. But the idea of traveling back and forth for a couple of days does not appeal to me either. I-4 has become a nightmare….we do use the back roads sometimes, but they’ve become congested too. Apopeka-Vineland Blvd between I-4 and the Winn Dixie is impossible especially during shift change at Disney.
I’ll dig into it a bit more….husband has been having issues with vertigo (will never go on Guardians again, or space mountain) and I’m not a fan of crazy thrill rides (although expedition Everest is fun…..and Rock and Rller coaster I’ll do once a year). But really want to do Harry Potter world.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

We are a family that is never quite sure if we are gonna fit…
We aren’t necessarily Pooh sized but we are taller i am the smallest in the family and I am over 5“10 while we are mostly proportioned for our height we don’t always make ”ideal“ manufacturing portions. For example my son cannot get the leg restraints to close on Flight of passage it just lands in the wrong spot if he is wearing sneakers, flip flops he fits. None of us will ever ride 7dwarfs again- our shins and knees get bruise.

There is a great YouTube channel “theme park express“ he does great breakdowns on ride seating and requirements…lots of tips and tricks.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this info. I’ve heard of some couples that will only buy one annual pass to get access to discounted hotel rooms there that give early entry, and their version of fast pass. I would not mind doing a two night stay and then moving on to a DVC stay. I really dislike regular hotel rooms….I’ve gotten extremely spoiled with DVC. But the idea of traveling back and forth for a couple of days does not appeal to me either. I-4 has become a nightmare….we do use the back roads sometimes, but they’ve become congested too. Apopeka-Vineland Blvd between I-4 and the Winn Dixie is impossible especially during shift change at Disney.
I’ll dig into it a bit more….husband has been having issues with vertigo (will never go on Guardians again, or space mountain) and I’m not a fan of crazy thrill rides (although expedition Everest is fun…..and Rock and Rller coaster I’ll do once a year). But really want to do Harry Potter world.
Depending on which annual pass, we get the premier for the perks, we get early opening no matter where we are staying, I prefer to stay at timeshare rooms with kitchens as opposed to hotels, afternoons the express pass is free and the pass also gives free valet parking

*******edited name of pass******
lol I have a serious addiction to theme parks and way to many APs to keep all the named straight Universal is Premier Pass

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Even with just two adults, the price break on getting the Unlimited Express Pass included with a reservation at one of their 3 deluxe hotels has been enough to have us book there. On two visits, when we had four or five adults staying in a timeshare, it was cheaper to pay for the hotel room for all of us and not even sleep there, especially after adding in parking.