• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge Grand Vacations - Purchasing Resale and "Club" benefits?

Reaction score
What "Club" benefits do I lose by purchasing on the resale market at Grand Lodge on Peak 7 or Grand Colorado on Peak 8?

I realize I lose the "club points" and ability to reserve a partial week 6 months out. Can I still exchange my unit for a different week and would I still be considered an owner and allowed to stay with a pet? We currently own at Hyatt Main Street Station and unfortunately our HOA does not allow pets, so am considering unloading all our interests in that property and purchasing peak 7 or peak 8 properties.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a resale week at Peak 7 and are considered an owner and as far as I know have the same rights as all owners other than the club points thing.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
As a resale owner, you can reserve your week or deposit in II. Yes, owners can bring pets (dogs only), but only if a pet-friendly unit is specifically reserved.

For resale owners, no club points, no day use, no bonus time.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
Grand Timber Lodge
Cabo Corazon
We bought a resale week at Peak 7 and are considered an owner and as far as I know have the same rights as all owners other than the club points thing.
Are you able to book bonus time?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as a resale buyer you will not be able to use the bonus time.
I sent an email to my contact at BGV owner services and they said Grand Timber resale buyers do get bonus time. Resale buyers at Grand Lodge Peak 7 and Peak 8 do not get bonus time because they are still actively marketing these resorts. They said Peak 7 resale buyers will probably get bonus time in a couple years after the resort is sold out.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to my contact at BGV owner services and they said Grand Timber resale buyers do get bonus time. Resale buyers at Grand Lodge Peak 7 and Peak 8 do not get bonus time because they are still actively marketing these resorts. They said Peak 7 resale buyers will probably get bonus time in a couple years after the resort is sold out.

That would be nice it they did allow bonus time for Peak 7 and 8. But I have heard some speculate since they are taking weeks back on ROFR that they will always be actively marketing at these resorts. I had a winter week that I originally, picked up resale at reasonably price and paid to upgraded to winter plus during a promotion they ran a few years ago. This got me in at a fraction of what they sell the winter plus weeks for, but was a significant cost. Still not sure if it was the right thing to do, but glad I now have a winter plus week and bonus time is a nice perk.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I only own one week at Peak 7 but own a lot of weeks at Grand Timber. They are still taking Grand Timber weeks back on ROFR and I think they also buy them from the HOA when the HOA takes them back and they do give bonus time at Grand Timber. My contact is pretty knowledgeable and my guess is you'll have bonus time at some point down the road. I don't think bonus time is worth the premium that you pay when you buy from the developer.

SkiCat

Reaction score
I only own one week at Peak 7 but own a lot of weeks at Grand Timber. They are still taking Grand Timber weeks back on ROFR and I think they also buy them from the HOA when the HOA takes them back and they do give bonus time at Grand Timber. My contact is pretty knowledgeable and my guess is you'll have bonus time at some point down the road. I don't think bonus time is worth the premium that you pay when you buy from the developer.
Do you know at what price Grand Timber will exercise the ROFR. I am looking to buy a 2/2 winter/annual at Grand Timber Lodge. I would like to start making some offers. Do you know a fair price to pay to avoid the ROFR? I have never owned a timeshare so I am new to this.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Do you know at what price Grand Timber will exercise the ROFR. I am looking to buy a 2/2 winter/annual at Grand Timber Lodge. I would like to start making some offers. Do you know a fair price to pay to avoid the ROFR? I have never owned a timeshare so I am new to this.

They do not exercise ROFR.

SkiCat

Reaction score
What is a good price to pay for a Grand Timber Lodge - Winter/Annual 2/2 or 3/3. Any idea?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
What is a good price to pay for a Grand Timber Lodge - Winter/Annual 2/2 or 3/3. Any idea?

Not sure of the price, but there is one very important issue with Grand Timber Lodge reservations that I don't want to buy a week there, or even take one for free, unless it's a fixed week. The problem is their lottery system. You can't just reserve any winter week you want. You have to enter a lottery and list a few weeks you will take, but there is no guarantee you will get any of those. You may be assigned a bad week. If you are flexible and OK with any winter week - then Grand Timber Lodge is fine.

jbarrer

TUG Member
Reaction score
What "Club" benefits do I lose by purchasing on the resale market at Grand Lodge on Peak 7 or Grand Colorado on Peak 8?

I realize I lose the "club points" and ability to reserve a partial week 6 months out. Can I still exchange my unit for a different week and would I still be considered an owner and allowed to stay with a pet? We currently own at Hyatt Main Street Station and unfortunately our HOA does not allow pets, so am considering unloading all our interests in that property and purchasing peak 7 or peak 8 properties.
If it is beneficial to you, you can pay $20K and get all those benefits. So if you get a unit at a "firesale" price that might be an option. I have owned at GLP7 for 10 years and I'm going there next week. I have never used Interval International points or bonus time. I just like skiing at Breck in such a great location, right on the slope.

Jxr3876

Reaction score
Hi Robert,
Were you able to retain all the same rights as a resale owner. Like bonus time and day use?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Robert,
Were you able to retain all the same rights as a resale owner. Like bonus time and day ut varies with the resort. You do get these benefits at Grand Timber Lodge but not at Peak 7 or Peak 8. I've been told that resale owners will start getting these benefits at Peak 7 in the next year or so but not available last time I checked which was a few months ago.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It varies with the resort. You do get these benefits at Grand Timber Lodge but not at Peak 7 or Peak 8. I was told a few months ago by an owner services rep that these benefits will be available for Peak 7 in the next year or so but there were no guarantees.

jw429

Reaction score
They do not exercise ROFR.
Do they not exercise ROFR for Grand Timber anymore? Is it because it's much older than their other properties? I hear that they still exercise ROFR on Peak 7 and Peak 8 resorts.

jw429

Reaction score
Not sure of the price, but there is one very important issue with Grand Timber Lodge reservations that I don't want to buy a week there, or even take one for free, unless it's a fixed week. The problem is their lottery system. You can't just reserve any winter week you want. You have to enter a lottery and list a few weeks you will take, but there is no guarantee you will get any of those. You may be assigned a bad week. If you are flexible and OK with any winter week - then Grand Timber Lodge is fine.

I just reviewed the document, and it looks like if you don't get your preferred date based on Owners' priority (whatever that means), you would be entered into a lottery for the remaining inventory.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They still exercise ROFR at Grand Timber during the winter ski season.

jasontugaccount

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe these weeks are hard to find in the winter, but I've been seeing them on internal international often for the summer. I stayed in a 2 bedroom for a week and only paid 4000 WM points... so maybe $360 in WM MF + $229 to II for the exchange fee.

I guess you need to really like downhill skiing and be able to get a winter week to make it worthwhile to pay full MFs.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the summer and shoulder weeks have very little value but the winter weeks are very sought after.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
Stayed at Peak7 in March of this year with great ski conditions. Went to Timeshare presentation at Grand Colorado and prices were 100K plus for winter weeks. Crazy, albeit awesome resort. Really nice salesperson there much different than the Marriott ones I have been on. Ritz is building a hotel right next door.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Stayed at Peak7 in March of this year with great ski conditions. Went to Timeshare presentation at Grand Colorado and prices were 100K plus for winter weeks. Crazy, albeit awesome resort. Really nice salesperson there much different than the Marriott ones I have been on. Ritz is building a hotel right next door.
The hotel next door got cancelled. Possibly due to the effect of increasing interest rates. BGV has been approached about developing the parcel. They were thinking about it when we were there last month. No word on if it would be a hotel or timeshare. Land prices in Breckenridge are absolutely ridiculous right now. I hate to think what the per unit prices might be if they build it as a timeshare.

Keep in mind this comes from a salesman. But they’re generally pretty accurate with what they tell you is going on. BGV has two projects planned down by the Gondola. One is looking more and more in doubt as approval from the city hasn’t been forthcoming. Apparently BGV is ready to walk away and divest their interest. They also have a small condo project in the same area they think they’ll get approval for and will be built.

Politics in Breckenridge makes it so you never really know what will or won’t be completed

Last edited: