• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BWV - Boardwalk View refurb(?) dates

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let y'all know that the BWV Boardwalk View villas which went into refurb (or at least were not bookable because of other Boardwalk refurbishments) on September 9th have come out of refurb as of November 24th. Happy New Year!

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let y'all know that the BWV Boardwalk View villas which went into refurb (or at least were not bookable because of other Boardwalk refurbishments) on September 9th have come out of refurb as of November 24th. Happy New Year!
cant wait to see what the rooms look like-

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I assume they’ll be working on the exterior of the building (why else would they shut down ALL the BW view villas at the same time?) while they finish the interiors of those villas, so I wonder whether there will be big changes there too. The photos of the BRV refurb I’ve seen are beautiful, so I hope the designers do an equally lovely job on BWV. I want to book BW view for sometime in January 2024!

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
I assume they’ll be working on the exterior of the building (why else would they shut down ALL the BW view villas at the same time?) while they finish the interiors of those villas, so I wonder whether there will be big changes there too. The photos of the BRV refurb I’ve seen are beautiful, so I hope the designers do an equally lovely job on BWV. I want to book BW view for sometime in January 2024!
I must have seen different photos of BRV renovations because they look nothing like the railroad lodges of the NW. They look like Arizona. Glad I sold my BRV points.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
We recently stayed in a Boardwalk view studio for a couple of nights. Room was great. i Feel like they just recently did a refurb. I do have to say, though, that the outside deck area was a bit scary. Wood rot and metal that was quite corroded In some spots.
im wishing for a Murphy bed in the one bedrooms along with one of those hideaway beds under the tv console. People say “there’s no room due to the connecting door to make it a two bedroom” but I say why not move the door to the foyer? Or reconfigure the kitchen set up somehow. It’s so ridiculous that the studios sleep 5 but the one bedrooms sleep four.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We recently stayed in a Boardwalk view studio for a couple of nights. Room was great. i Feel like they just recently did a refurb. I do have to say, though, that the outside deck area was a bit scary. Wood rot and metal that was quite corroded In some spots.
im wishing for a Murphy bed in the one bedrooms along with one of those hideaway beds under the tv console. People say “there’s no room due to the connecting door to make it a two bedroom” but I say why not move the door to the foyer? Or reconfigure the kitchen set up somehow. It’s so ridiculous that the studios sleep 5 but the one bedrooms sleep four.
Oh, maybe that’s why all the BW view villas are blocked for those dates - balcony repairs! We haven’t had a BW view villa for some time. I’ll check ours out carefully later this month. I’m looking forward to spending some time out there!

Your comment about moving the connecting door to the foyer in order to add the single Murphy to the living room led me to look at the floor plan. It could be done, but it would require a lot of reconfiguring of plumbing for the 1br kitchen and studio kitchenette. They didn’t add the single Murphy to the BRV living rooms, which are configured very similarly, so I doubt they’ll add them at BWV. It would be nice, though!

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Yeah I’m thinking the a/c unit is there. Wishful thinking. Another thought is taking away that little eating bar with chairs located on the back side of the sink area. I think in all the stays we’ve had there since 1997, we’ve never used it, except to stack cases of water, wine, beer and snacks. and maybe making the connecting door a tad smaller…that would give a few inches too. Unless it’s not a priority for DVC…I’m guessing it isn’t.
Personally I would never stay with 5 people in a studio….I can barely tolerate a night or two with just two of us. Spoiled I know. I need my space.
Enjoynyour stay. Trying to remember which floor we were on. Pretty sure we were the last room Before the crest o the wave section.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thought is taking away that little eating bar with chairs located on the back side of the sink area. I think in all the stays we’ve had there since 1997, we’ve never used it, except to stack cases of water, wine, beer and snacks...
Personally I would never stay with 5 people in a studio….I can barely tolerate a night or two with just two of us. Spoiled I know. I need my space.

I made breakfast every day when we're at WDW and so when we're more than four (and therefore in a 2BR) we use the eating bar every morning.

But I agree completely about 5 in a studio. Taking away useful storage to add a little kid bed is a complete loss for us - I think we've stayed in a studio (without it being part of our 2BR) exactly one night in our almost 20 years of DVC ownership.

2009 was in my mind the 'Golden Era' of DVC construction. Realizing that 1BRs were less desired than studios or 2BRs, DVC built BLT, AKV Kidani, and VGC with 1BRs that could sleep 5 and slept 4 quite nicely - the common room had an 'extra' bathroom and two separate sleeping surfaces.

But then DVC decided that the underutilized 1BRs wasn't *their* problem - selling more DVC at higher prices was. And so we got nice studios at VGF and Poly instead. Ah well...

nomoretslt

Reaction score
We usually bookend our trips with a studio to save points (especially if it involves a Friday or Saturday) and to take advantage of the deluxe dining plan (If that ever returns). We usually leave to drive home at 6 am so Friday night points for a one bedroom at Riviera is a waste of a room. Agree the one bedrooms at BLT are the best…so roomy. They missed the mark at Riviera with that. The studios (as you pointed out) have a better bathroom configuration (but not a real kitchen).
it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the Poly tower.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But then DVC decided that the underutilized 1BRs wasn't *their* problem - selling more DVC at higher prices was.
I agree. I don’t know why they haven’t figured out how to sell 1BR worth of points to families just by pointing out “Well, studios only sleep 4, but a 1BR sleeps 5 and has a full kitchen and in-room laundry. You not only save on accommodations but on food and baggage fees as well.” I’m constantly recommending Kidani and BLT to people just because of that extra full bathroom.

avensis

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what it looks like, thanks for the info.