• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Love this place, but can't afford another timeshare! LOL What group is this one with? Is it easy for owners to book time?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's now managed by Hilton Grand Vacations, so an owner with points could book at stay, some units may show in RCI. There are legacy Grand Pacific units, those trade in GPX (Grand Pacific eXchange). There might be cash bookings direct, or even in VRBO.

Summer weeks are hard to get, off season mostly. Sept/Oct is a good time to visit for secret summer. Spring right now is popular because the flower fields below are blooming.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
It's now managed by Hilton Grand Vacations

I don’t believe that is correct. There is nothing at the resort that mentions HGVC. I make my payments to Grand Pacific Resorts, not HGVC (GPR collects my HGVC membership fee). What HGVC does do, unless that has since changed, is handle the GPP resales (packaging them with a HGVC membership). I do not know what percentage of GPP owners also have HGVC rights but I suspect it is a small number. If a GPP/HGVC owner wishes to sell their GPP week the HGVC membership does not transfer with it.

I own a fixed summer week worth 8400 HGVC points.

I am curious, are there any other GPP owners out there that have their week enrolled with HGVC?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I thought it was the same as Marbrisa, where HGV built and sold more units, maybe not. I've never stayed there but did take a sales tour there.

I can see lots of availability in HGV for now, and then late in August and September. Summer is booked up.

I used to own a Seapointe and paid AVCO, still have my GPX log in.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's now managed by Hilton Grand Vacations, so an owner with points could book at stay, some units may show in RCI. There are legacy Grand Pacific units, those trade in GPX (Grand Pacific eXchange). There might be cash bookings direct, or even in VRBO.

I don’t believe that is correct. There is nothing at the resort that mentions HGVC. I make my payments to Grand Pacific Resorts, not HGVC (GPR collects my HGVC membership fee). What HGVC does do, unless that has since changed, is handle the GPP resales (packaging them with a HGVC membership). I do not know what percentage of GPP owners also have HGVC rights but I suspect it is a small number. If a GPP/HGVC owner wishes to sell their GPP week the HGVC membership does not transfer with it.

RX8 is correct. GPP is NOT managed by HGV, rather by Grand Pacific Resorts.

Summer weeks are fixed week ownerships, some of which the owners have the ability to assign to HGV in exchange for HGVC points. The non-summer weeks are floating 1-24 and 37?-52. Summer weeks are assigned higher point values than the floating weeks. It's been a while since I looked into purchasing another GPR ownership.

I own a fixed summer week worth 8400 HGVC points.

I am curious, are there any other GPP owners out there that have their week enrolled with HGVC?

I have a few summer GPP weeks - all purchased resale. Two do not have the option of being assigned for HGVC points and two that do. For the two that I can assign to HGVC, I don't always do that. Depends on what my travel needs are. You can auto-assign to HGVC or you can do it manually

spi777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pending resale purchase of Grand Pacific Palisades and HGVC Lagoon Tower
GPP is great. But, if you purchase, go resale, and get the week you want if you plan/want to use in summer. GPP is not automatically in the HVGC exchange the exchange-- they use (GPX) is not the best in terms of availability. I recently learned that you can't exchange your wk for May-Sept in southern calif resorts--it's a blackout period--at least w/in the GPX system. Which is why I got frustrated and gave my fixed wk 33 away for $500 to GPP's buy back dept--now wish I wouldn't have done that....

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
GPP is great. But, if you purchase, go resale, and get the week you want if you plan/want to use in summer. GPP is not automatically in the HVGC exchange the exchange-- they use (GPX) is not the best in terms of availability. I recently learned that you can't exchange your wk for May-Sept in southern calif resorts--it's a blackout period--at least w/in the GPX system. Which is why I got frustrated and gave my fixed wk 33 away for $500 to GPP's buy back dept--now wish I wouldn't have done that....
Really? I haven't heard of this. I usually see new deposits on the first of the month. I sometimes deposit my week 32. Do they rent those deposits?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Love this place, but can't afford another timeshare! LOL What group is this one with? Is it easy for owners to book time?

I know you said you can’t afford another timeshare but Redweek has a two bedroom GPP fixed week 26 for free. I am biased of course but I also love GPP and to find a free fixed summer week is rare.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
I know you said you can’t afford another timeshare but Redweek has a two bedroom GPP fixed week 26 for free. I am biased of course but I also love GPP and to find a free fixed summer week is rare.
Thank you. I wll check into it. Its just those darn maintenance fees!!!! LOL

Barbara

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thank you. I wll check into it. Its just those darn maintenance fees!!!! LOL

Barbara

Sorry, it looks like that free summer week has been sold. Not surprised that it went so quick.

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
Just asking do you have a fixed week at seapointe we just stayed there but like beach club better as they are right on the beach and fixed.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Grand Pacific manages all the Carlsbad properties including Mar Brisa. HGV is just the sales arm in a fee for service arrangement.

I have a fixed week 35 at Seapointe. I was lucky when I bought it from the resale company and the 6200 HGV points still conveyed. I never use my week there. We do like the day use though.

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
Grand Pacific manages all the Carlsbad properties including Mar Brisa. HGV is just the sales arm in a fee for service arrangement.

I have a fixed week 35 at Seapointe. I was lucky when I bought it from the resale company and the 6200 HGV points still conveyed. I never use my week there. We do like the day use though.
We use our day use redwolf lakeside lodge in tahoe vista and a lot of bonus time. But still thinking. Of the southern beach club. But loved seapointe with our e bikes. It felt so much like home.