• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A little good news

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Well, some good news is correct. We’re annual pass-holders, so will still require a reservation. Darnit!

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, some good news is correct. We’re annual pass-holders, so will still require a reservation. Darnit!

We also have APs and I am hoping wishful thinking but hoping anyway that having a resort stay will exempt AP holders from park reservations….make it a perk for onsite

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That would be nice but still wouldn’t help us. As Wyndham owners, we always stay at Bonnet Creek, which is just barely offsite. I’m hoping they do away with the reservation system totally, but, we’ll see.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be nice but still wouldn’t help us. As Wyndham owners, we always stay at Bonnet Creek, which is just barely offsite. I’m hoping they do away with the reservation system totally, but, we’ll see.

We have generally only stayed on site for Disney- and only have APs because of DVC but hoping to try out Bonnet Creek eventually

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Don’t count on this rumor becoming truth. Until Disney makes an official announcement, I’ll view this as wishful thinking. It would be nice if they implemented changes before our late-January visit!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I want new AP's back, so we can feel like we can let go of them for a year and know we can buy them again for a future trip. Now we are buying them ahead of when we usually would. It's okay, but we used to skip a year, then buy again. Now we are going all of the time.

Our kids let their passes expire, and I am kind of sorry they did. You never know when those will be back again. It was a lovely perk for DVC members to get that discount. I added the boys to our DVC account for that very purpose.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don’t count on this rumor becoming truth. Until Disney makes an official announcement, I’ll view this as wishful thinking. It would be nice if they implemented changes before our late-January visit!
I actually understand AP’s potentially needing to make reservations more-so than a regular ticket buying visitor. Still, it’s a pita and I’d like to see them eliminate the pass system and see if it really makes a difference. I’ve been several times this year (although not during the height of summer) and never felt like the park was crowded. Is that what Disney actually wants? At this point in time, I would think not. With shrinking revenues, albeit a large part of that is due to their streaming business, I would think they would want more people at the resorts and parks. I guess we’ll see in the next couple months.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’ve been several times this year (although not during the height of summer) and never felt like the park was crowded.
Your experience is different from many of the reports I read elsewhere, complaining of long lines, crowded walkways, etc. And of course this week is crazy - 140 minute waits for FoP, for instance - but that's to be expected for Thanksgiving week. Like you, we didn't think the parks were excessively crowded when we visited in January and July.

However, given the resort discounts they're offering for early 2023 and the number of ads I'm seeing on TV exhorting people to visit before the 50th Anniversary Celebration ends in March, Disney may not be seeing the number of visitors they do want.

It will be interesting to watch!