• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bob Iger is back as Disney CEO effective immediately

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Didn't Chappy just sign for a new contract extension? I am sure his departure comes with full payout of that contract and a golden parachute....

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Employees and Cast Members,

It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility -and, I must admit, a bit of amazement -that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer.

When I look at the creative success of our teams across our Studios, Disney General Entertainment, ESPN and International, the rapid growth of our streaming services, the phenomenal reimagining and rebound of our Parks, the continued great work of ABC News, and so many other achievements across our businesses, I am in awe of your accomplishments and I am excited to embark with you on many new endeavors.

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty -perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty – our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day.

Bob Iger

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
It’s probably on account of that scathing letter of complaint I wrote last week!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Effective immediately. Definitely WOW news to be waking up to this morning.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Employees and Cast Members,

It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility -and, I must admit, a bit of amazement -that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer.

When I look at the creative success of our teams across our Studios, Disney General Entertainment, ESPN and International, the rapid growth of our streaming services, the phenomenal reimagining and rebound of our Parks, the continued great work of ABC News, and so many other achievements across our businesses, I am in awe of your accomplishments and I am excited to embark with you on many new endeavors.

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty -perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty – our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day.

Bob Iger
That is an early Christmas gift for all lovers of Disney. IMHO.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been reported that Disney board members have been reading the many Disney's social media websites including TUGS and someone said enough is enough. .

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Disney stock reacts today when the market opens........

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Last week I hit my limit with Disney. With no advance warning, they opened Disneyland Annual Pass sales. Various social media sites picked up on it abd reported it, but I was working that day and therefore not on social media.

At 7pm the day sales started, I tried to purchase two SoCal resident annual passes. I was put in a virtual queue that was “longer than an hour”.

In the end, it was 15 hours. Finally my turn came, I put my APs in my basket, hit purchase and for some reason they required me to enter my date of birth to complete the transaction. Mind you I’m logged into my DL account, and part of my stored account info is my date of birth, and I’m buying adult passes with jives with my account.

Entering my date of birth caused the system to crash and empty my cart. This went on for 40 min, eight attempts. Attempting to call customer service during this process consisted of listening to an excessively long prerecorded announcement, then when you pushed 1 as prompted to speak to a customer service rep, you’d get disconnected. Until I finally got a message that the Socal AP was sold out.

Called customer service afterward and finally got a human- snarky, then <shrug> “sorry for the inconvenience“

The issue itself- wasting 16 hours on an attempt to purchase APs only to have Disney’s IT fail- was maddening. The customer service resonse was the final straw.

There been a lot of building dissatisfaction for me with DL- cuts in entertainment, forcing people onto attraction lines, Genie+ being a PIA to use and manipulating standby lines to ensure long waits, frequent ride breakdowns, all of which contributes to the sense of overwhelming crowds (because everyone’s trying to do the same few things), combined with the new <shrug> attitude towards the quality of the customer service experience.

I am pretty cost insensitive- but when you grab for more money constantly while making the littlest things huge hassles, at some point I’m out.

I reached that point last week. I cancelled every upcoming dining reservation I had, including a Club 33 reservation for four, and a tour. I unsubscribed from Disney Plus. And my plan is to rent my DVC VGC reservations this year rather than go myself. PS if anyone wants to do a quick overnight stay in the Christmas season, PM me.

Its pretty hard to push me to this point but Disney its just awful from a customer service perspective right now and all I can do about that is vote with my wallet, my letter of complaint from last week has gone unanswered. Another shrug. Not unexpected, which is the crux of it and why I’m tapping out.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
FastPass was incredible to me. It totally changed the WDW experience. I can’t believe they got rid of the best innovation that Disney World ever had. I hope Iger brings it back but he probably has more problems than this to deal with.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
FastPass was incredible to me. It totally changed the WDW experience. I can’t believe they got rid of the best innovation that Disney World ever had. I hope Iger brings it back but he probably has more problems than this to deal with.
I like individual lightning lanes and the virtual lines. The reservation system Is annoying but if it actually kept crowds low I wouldn’t mind it.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I want annual passes to return, and I want to stop the Genie + service. I couldn't believe how great it was to be in lines during Covid with short wait times. It was amazing.

Our kids went in early June of this year and did baby swap. The wait for the roller coaster at Hollywood Studios was over two hours. Two hours for a two-minute ride? They saw hundreds of people going through the "Lightning Lane." That just sucks. During Covid, the wait was never more than 30 minutes. Baby swap was so easy back then. Imagine our daughter watching two little kids for over two hours in the Rosie's dining area. What a waste of time.

No wonder people scam the DAS system.

Genie Plus for 6 people is $120 per day. Get the money out of us in the way of food. We were taking sandwiches and leaving the parks to eat out. We weren't about to pay for food at the parks after paying that much for several days of Genie Plus, and the system crashed several times, losing our reservations, and we had to go to the blue umbrella to fix it.

I don't know if they will take out anything that is making them money, so Genie + is probably here to stay.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This was announced while Iger was CEO, and was in development long before that. I would not bet on it changing anytime soon.
Yep, probably here to stay.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on literally everything I've read about Disney for the last 3 years, I'm extremely glad I severed ties with them when I sold my DVC contract in 2019. No regrets, ever.

A couple of times since then, DW, who is largely unaware of what's been going on in bubble-land, said it might be fun to take another Disney cruise, since we had a blast on one in 2014. And I said yeah maybe, but for half the price, it would be a lot more fun to take a Princess-or-anybody-but-Disney cruise.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
According to this SoCal reporter at the OCRegister Chapeck failed to read the room. Link is behind a paywall, but you get the gist from this excerpt.

Incidentally, we shared the berth next to a Disney cruise in Mazatlan yesterday, the ship was tiny compared to our Discovery Princess. Our captain enjoyed making fun of the mouse ship at sail away, as it played Wish Upon a Star on the ships horn in passing.

===================================================
Bob Chapek‘s biggest blunder in his brief tenure as Walt Disney Co. chief executive was a mistake made in numerous executive suites in the past year.

Forget all the chatter about his managerial style. Tough calls, right or wrong, are why CEOs get the big bucks. And if the bottom line and stock price trend up, many executive sins are forgivable.

What Chapek misread – and he’s by no means alone – is that the pandemic is over to the American consumer. And this change of heart, perhaps not totally medically endorsed, called for fresh corporate thinking.

Disney under Chapek seemed oblivious to the public’s “I’m going back outdoors” mindset even as profits withered and its Wall Street value tumbled by $116 billion.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned