• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Review Bay Club Two Bedroom by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
About 30 miles from the Kona International Airport sits the Bay Club by Hilton Grand Vacations. This resort is part of four resorts operated by Hilton Grand Vacations.. The rooms are large and the decks are expansive. The two Bedroom is smaller than the two Bedroom Plus which has a larger living room and a third bathroom near the entrance. But the two bedroom still has over 1000 square feet and the decks are very expansive. So, if morning coffee on the deck is your thing, then the Bay Club is good for you.

Depending on where your unit is located, it is a short walk to the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel. All of the restaurants are available for charging back to your room at the Bay Club.. There are two pools as part of the complex and plenty of Grills.

Review Bay Club Two Bedroom by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There is a nice little hot tub between buildings 2 and 3, at the rear next to the golf course. You can catch a nice Kona sunset after a day of activities.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bay Club is our favourite of all the Waikoloa resorts. The units are just so roomy, and the lanai is huge. So many pluses, especially the 2 bedroom units. I just wish they had built some one bedrooms facing the golf course also.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, thanks for sharing your video. Your video added so much to your review. IMHO.

Reaction score
To the OP, thanks for sharing your video. Your video added so much to your review. IMHO.
Thanks for the video. Bay Club looks great. Do you (or anyone) happen to know how hard it is to book there in mid-may (gold weeks 19-22)? That's when we would like travel to Hawaii. Looking at buying our first TS, but I'm considering the advice to buy lowest points + MF wherever for flexibility. But if Bay Club is hard to get for May, that might affect our decision.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. Bay Club looks great. Do you (or anyone) happen to know how hard it is to book there in mid-may (gold weeks 19-22)? That's when we would like travel to Hawaii. Looking at buying our first TS, but I'm considering the advice to buy lowest points + MF wherever for flexibility. But if Bay Club is hard to get for May, that might affect our decision.
There are all sort of trade-offs to consider. Are you planning to go to Hawaii every year (or every other year)? Are your plans to go different places every year? How much will you save in MF by going the low MF route, versus how much it will cost you extra to buy the low cost option? Is May important because of some personal reason, or is it "stretching the dollars" reason?

I own the unit type at Bay Club (the penthouse version). I use it as a surrogate second home in Hawaii, usually in the winter. Swapping for other units elsewhere doesn't matter to me. YMMV

Reaction score
There are all sort of trade-offs to consider. Are you planning to go to Hawaii every year (or every other year)? Are your plans to go different places every year? How much will you save in MF by going the low MF route, versus how much it will cost you extra to buy the low cost option? Is May important because of some personal reason, or is it "stretching the dollars" reason?

I own the unit type at Bay Club (the penthouse version). I use it as a surrogate second home in Hawaii, usually in the winter. Swapping for other units elsewhere doesn't matter to me. YMMV
We would likely travel to Hawaii in May because that's when we have guaranteed 1-2 weeks vacation time, so if it's hard to book in gold weeks 19-22 unless you own those weeks, that might be a factor in where we buy.

We get a total of about 6 weeks off a year; the rest can be taken any time, but usually we do early January and summer. For Hawaii, we like the idea of lower crowds and stretching our (as yet hypothetical) points/dollars.

Current travel plans are: 2023 --1 month in Japan; 2024--May in Hawaii; July/Aug. 3 weeks in UK; May 2025 -- Italy. I could see doing Hawaii again in May 2026.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club is not that hard to book in Gold Season, I've stayed many times over the last 20 years with no problem. In fact Big Island is much easier than Oahu booking at 9 months, less demand.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Bay Club is not that hard to book in Gold Season, I've stayed many times over the last 20 years with no problem. In fact Big Island is much easier than Oahu booking at 9 months, less demand.

I agree with SmithOp, our anniversary is in May, and frequently travel to the Big Island. It has not been hard to book any of the resorts.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would likely travel to Hawaii in May because that's when we have guaranteed 1-2 weeks vacation time, so if it's hard to book in gold weeks 19-22 unless you own those weeks, that might be a factor in where we buy.

We get a total of about 6 weeks off a year; the rest can be taken any time, but usually we do early January and summer. For Hawaii, we like the idea of lower crowds and stretching our (as yet hypothetical) points/dollars.

Current travel plans are: 2023 --1 month in Japan; 2024--May in Hawaii; July/Aug. 3 weeks in UK; May 2025 -- Italy. I could see doing Hawaii again in May 2026.

We own 2 weeks in Vegas because of the low maintenance fees. We will NEVER go to Vegas. We have been going to Hawaii for 20+ years and Waikoloa in particular for about 5. Have never had a problem booking at Bay Club at 9 months out. If you can plan and book that far ahead, you should not have a problem. Because there are 4 HGVC timeshare resorts in Waikoloa, there has always been availability. It is not a guarantee that this will continue, but that has been our experience so far. If things do change down the road, I would buy at Bay Club and pay the (much) higher maintenance fees.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Yes, the Big Island resorts are easier to book than the Oahu resorts.
In general most oceanfront resorts are in higher demand than non-oceanfront resorts . This isn’t unique to HGVC, it applies to all timeshares.

Even now, the Big Island has May 2023 availability (click on thumbnails) maybe not in all unit sizes but if you reserve as soon as the booking window opens you should find something across the various Big Island resorts. ;)
NOTE: Ocean Tower has a daily parking fee
683A9747-65D3-41F4-9A80-C7FFF728944A.png
92F1C0F4-7B9E-451B-A2B1-632B1AC80B96.png
4478AA65-3361-4613-A54F-94EC022FCDD7.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, the Big Island resorts are easier to book than the Oahu resorts.
In general most oceanfront resorts are in higher demand than non-oceanfront resorts . This isn’t unique to HGVC, it applies to all timeshares.

Even now, the Big Island has May 2023 availability (click on thumbnails) maybe not in all unit sizes but if you reserve as soon as the booking window opens you should find something across the various Big Island resorts. ;)
NOTE: Ocean Tower has a daily parking fee
Very helpful information. Thank you!

One sort of related question: Are the big island resorts farther from the beach than the ones on Oahu? I like the quieter feel of the Bay Club, but it seems like none of these are beach front. Which of the Hawaii properties have beach front access or good ocean views? I know it's. tradeoff. Just trying to get all the info I can before taking the plunge.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the regular two bedroom, not the villa right?
There are three sizes in 2 BDR at Bay Club.
The villas, 2 BDR 2 1/2 Bath, with two story units and no elevator.
The "A" units, in three story buildings, with elevators. Around 1300 sq ft.
The "B" units, around 1200 sq Ft. also in three story buildings, with elevators.

The "A" and the "B" have the same point value, the villas are somewhat higher in points.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

One sort of related question: Are the big island resorts farther from the beach than the ones on Oahu? I like the quieter feel of the Bay Club, but it seems like none of these are beach front. Which of the Hawaii properties have beach front access or good ocean views? I know it's. tradeoff. Just trying to get all the info I can before taking the plunge.

Ocean Tower (and the HWV hotel) is ocean-front. Higher points costs and a parking fee. I'm fine with being further from the beach at Bay Club, Kohala, or Kingsland. We head to KL in 2 days and the location is great for us. Easy enough to get to the ocean.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The "B" units, around 1200 sq Ft. also in three story buildings, with elevators.

The "A" and the "B" have the same point value, the villas are somewhat higher in points.

I am interested in trying out Bay Club in a future visit. Which one of these options is the best? What are the system codes attached to each?

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, the BI resorts are further from the beach. Ocean Towers is the closest. Here is our view right now. It is considered "resort view", but every time we've stayed here, we've been able to see the ocean. Should mention that the "beach" is a man-made type lagoon. Not really the beach in my definition.
IMG_6213.jpg

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in trying out Bay Club in a future visit. Which one of these options is the best? What are the system codes attached to each?

This is the sticky I always refer to

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Waikoloa beaches are drive to, the closest is A-Bay which is behind the Queens shopping mall within the resort. A-Bay beach starts in front of the Marriott hotel. There isn't a sandy ocean facing beach at the Hilton hotel, it's all lava and coral. There is a lagoon beach, with kid friendly snorkeling.

There are some very nice swim and snorkel beaches in the vicinity, just not the kind you sit on a lanai and see from HGVC timeshare. As pacman's photo shows, I would call them all golf course view.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

The 1br units were 4800 points
The 2br units were 7000 points
The 2br villas were 8400 points (IIRC)

This is before the conversion, so multiply by 1.6 to get current point values.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

For Oahu and the Big Island, the HGVC oceanfront resort’s are located on hotel properties (aka Hilton destination resorts).

788db63f-6859-435a-865b-cae9bdc1eda7-jpeg.68386
6B55EDC7-551B-4846-86A0-55597EC96F75.gif

457E047B-55B9-49E5-B8DD-0226489E322A.jpeg
943DF10B-B239-49D8-8F6D-DF2C9D7301FB.jpeg
For Maui, this HGVC resort is across the street from the ocean. It’s the newest resort and also has future phases still under construction.

Here’s the 2022 Point Chart for each Club resort (link). The point requirements will vary.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Here’s a link to the Waikoloa map which shows the location of the four HGVC properties on the Big Island

39E5E369-FF36-41A0-B9E6-C79812FBE888.jpeg