• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good sales offer to help increase ownership status

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Just had a good offer, I would be interested if I was trying to get to Presidential or Chairmans but as already there I don't need more weeks.

4 weeks in Playa Andaluza
Gold season
Price - 26.000€/26.000$/22.000GBP
First year use 2024
9600 points annually
Gift 3000 DP

If interests anyone else then drop me a PM and will pass on the contact details for my rep.

Last edited:

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
What are the MF's?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had a good offer, I would be interested if I was trying to get to Presidential or Chairmans but as already there I don't need more weeks.

Gold season
First year use 2024
9600 points annually
Gift 3000 DP

If interests anyone else then drop me a PM and will pass on the contact details for my rep.
$26K total or pre unit?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only own 3 beds there which 1440€ last year so I estimate 2 beds about 1300€.
US$ is about on par with the Euro$ at the moment, but if/when the Euro$ strengthens again, there also up goes the MF. This currency component is in addition to any normal factors that lead to annual MF increases.

Last edited:

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
that’s a fantastic deal. the salesperson on Satursay said I’d never find anything less than $8 a point now in a bundle. This isn’t even a bundle and it’s still less than $3 a point.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Gold season
First year use 2024
9600 points annually
Gift 3000 DP

This is an extraordinary deal.
The most recent “Special offer” deal for Spain just back in July was for Platinum weeks but massively higher per week!
X 2 weeks 2 bedroom platinum Marbella
€60,000
£50,400
$64,800
X2 weeks 2 bedroom platinum Mallorca
€45,000
£37,800
$48,600
Plus special gift

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF is $1279 per week, about 53c per point.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
It does not enroll external weeks, however he did say you never know, like all these things, don't ask don't get.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Gold season
First year use 2024
9600 points annually
Gift 3000 DP

That is a really good deal if it's total though still reasonably high fees but less than just points ownership. Sounds like they have a significant excess of Gold 2 BR Gardenview units.
It does not enroll external weeks, however he did say you never know, like all these things, don't ask don't get.
Usually with enrollment they have a minimum spend. This might get one week enrolled, I an't see it getting multiple weeks but as you say, you never know until you ask.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a really good deal if it's total though still reasonably high fees but less than just points ownership. Sounds like they have a significant excess of Gold 2 BR Gardenview units.
Usually with enrollment they have a minimum spend. This might get one week enrolled, I an't see it getting multiple weeks but as you say, you never know until you ask.
At the previous prices we were quoted, they required 2 weeks (unofficially?!), 3 weeks (officially) to enrol multiple weeks (4 in our case), but it certainly never does any harm asking.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the previous prices we were quoted, they required 2 weeks (unofficially?!), 3 weeks (officially) to enrol multiple weeks (4 in our case), but it certainly never does any harm asking.
Normally they look at it in dollars or similar. The number of weeks is likely just a representation of how the prices compared to their dollar limits.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the economy slows down, this may be just the beginning. The rental market is pretty hot this year but if 2023 is not very strong, Marriott will not want to sit on a large number of units and pay for their maintenance fees.

Maple Leaf

Reaction score
Just came back from Playa Andaluza and the MVC Marbella 25th anniversary offer was a 1 week 2 bedroom Marbella Silver season (2225 VCP or 75,000 Bonvoy), list price of $18,000 offered for $10,800 plus holiday gift of 2000 VCP. Availability in 2023 with no maintenance fee until 2024. I think the Maintenance fee was around $1400. That's ~$4.23 pp, not nearly as good a deal as Gemini Chica.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally they look at it in dollars or similar. The number of weeks is likely just a representation of how the prices compared to their dollar limits.
Yes agreed, if it was Platinum weeks 2 would be sufficient, but this latest pricing would be substantially lower if enrolment allowed.
We were offered X2 weeks 2 bedroom platinum Mallorca, at the then exchange rate of
€45,000
£37,800
$48,600

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
They really looking to hit end of year targets now.....
6 weeks in Playa Andaluza
Gold season
Price - 39.000€
14400 points annually

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Gold season
Price - 39.000€
14400 points annually

Seems identical to what you posted a few weeks ago with 4 weeks for €26,000, but just with a 50% larger purchase requirement. Am I missing anything? Is the Plus Points gift also 50% larger (4500 vs 3000), or is that more generous?

Doesn't it narrow the buyer pool when you go to €39,000 and you also do it at the same cost per week? If they were trying to incentivize people (who perhaps viewed €26,000 as unaffordable) shouldn't they be going in the direction of 2 weeks for €13,000 or one for €6500? Or maybe also allowing the enrollment of a bunch of other resale weeks for a €39,000 purchase?

Last edited:

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
I purchased 2 weeks at $23k and after closing I was able to roll one of my 3rd party purchases over into Destinations/Abound. Also, received 4400 plus points

No guarantees but even if they didn't roll the other property in, the 4800 points at $23k was good. However, these are not life time deeds, they are right to use and currently there are, I believe, 30 years left.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gold season
Price - 39.000€
14400 points
I purchased 2 weeks at $23k and after closing I was able to roll one of my 3rd party purchases over into Destinations/Abound. Also, received 4400 plus points

No guarantees but even if they didn't roll the other property in, the 4800 points at $23k was good. However, these are not life time deeds, they are right to use and currently there are, I believe, 30 years left.
Yes the RTU term for Playa Andaluza runs until 2052, although it is most likely that it will be renewed at that time.
So RTU v deeded weeks was never really a factor in our purchase.

beacon243

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timber Lodge
Yes the RTU term for Playa Andaluza runs until 2052, although it is most likely that it will be renewed at that time.
So RTU v deeded weeks was never really a factor in our purchase.
What do you mean renewed? Will Marriott renew this for free ?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally RTU have a renewal clause in them. I haven't seen the docs there but generally if a RTU expiration is extended, it is for free but it does continue the commitment of the owner which might be a major cost by then. There is no guarantee it will be extended, I'd assume it wouldn't be but consider the possible extension of the fee obligation. My view on RTU is it's a non factor until one gets under about 20 years and then it's just a financial consideration until the last 5-7 years. I would not let RTU with a 30 year expiration be a major factor in a timeshare purchase. While I personally see it as a slight negative, some see it as a positive to remove the obligation. Maybe Barry or someone else can speak to specifics of the Spanish resorts & their RTU.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked the HOPA for our Playa Andaluza RTU ownership and if I understand all the "legalese" correctly then at the end of term either
- after discharging any liabilities and management charges, the net proceeds of sale are distributed to existing holiday owners in good standing
or
- the plan is renewed along with the RTU ownership for existing holiday owners in good standing

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Seems identical to what you posted a few weeks ago with 4 weeks for €26,000, but just with a 50% larger purchase requirement. Am I missing anything? Is the Plus Points gift also 50% larger (4500 vs 3000), or is that more generous?

Doesn't it narrow the buyer pool when you go to €39,000 and you also do it at the same cost per week? If they were trying to incentivize people (who perhaps viewed €26,000 as unaffordable) shouldn't they be going in the direction of 2 weeks for €13,000 or one for €6500? Or maybe also allowing the enrollment of a bunch of other resale weeks for a €39,000 purchase?
Agree, its just the same with more on top, I didn't ask about the extras points etc as I dont want more weeks, but I would assume its the equivalent to the other one.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I checked the HOPA for our Playa Andaluza RTU ownership and if I understand all the "legalese" correctly then at the end of term either
- after discharging any liabilities and management charges, the net proceeds of sale are distributed to existing holiday owners in good standing
or
- the plan is renewed along with the RTU ownership for existing holiday owners in good standing
So how do you interpret this Bazz? We either get it renewed and carry on as before or any proceeds get divided up, meaning they sell the resort? Can't see them doing this as its popular.