• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 MF's Discussion Thread

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Has the Trust not reported maintenance fees on DC/Abound Club Points yet for 2023? I thought they usually come out much earlier than any weeks ever do.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Has the Trust not reported maintenance fees on DC/Abound Club Points yet for 2023? I thought they usually come out much earlier than any weeks ever do.
Their meeting to approve the 2023 budget for the trust was Sept 8th but I have no idea how to find the outcome.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Their meeting to approve the 2023 budget for the trust was Sept 8th but I have no idea how to find the outcome.
Thanks. I always thought they came out super early. I know Vistana sent out bills for the Flex trusts back in August or early Sept. Looking at 2021, it wasn't reported for DC points until early December. So I guess I was wrong on my thinking about how early they send out the MF bill on points.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I always thought they came out super early. I know Vistana sent out bills for the Flex trusts back in August or early Sept. Looking at 2021, it wasn't reported for DC points until early December. So I guess I was wrong on my thinking about how early they send out the MF bill on points.
They can take their time as far as I'm concerned ;) Proposed trust budget with fully funded reserves would result in 72 cents pp. Sample budget they included with reduced reserves was 68.3 cents pp. I hear they usually go for the reduced reserves. Not sure if there are minutes online anywhere to know the outcome of the meeting.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the other thread, it listed that club dues remain the same as current year. I haven't seen those in my account yet. I would assume that would be the last thing that would be released, i.e. after Abound "merger" is implemented.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
In the other thread, it listed that club dues remain the same as current year. I haven't seen those in my account yet. I would assume that would be the last thing that would be released, i.e. after Abound "merger" is implemented.
I believe the proposed budget had the Dues going up $15 for 2023.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
That's just my poor edit/copy/paste of last year's MF's thread first post. It's blank in the current sticky thread now and will be updated when the first official notice of the approved fees is posted. :)

I don't know why you'd expect them to delay releasing the 2023 Club Dues fee until the Vistana resorts are finally integrated, though, because for Marriott Abound members the change is simply a name change. Adding Vistana resorts is effectively no different for us than any of the new resort additions have been over the years.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@SueDonJ, I just don't know if they are going to increase the club dues by more than in the past because of the combined system. For those who had been paying both Vistana and MVC club dues, it will be significant savings regardless of the increase. I looked at my proposed SVR maintenance fees, it is going up by 16%, gulped, and that is without the "fully funded" reserves. I console myself that part of that increase will be covered by the eliminated Vistana club dues.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
@SueDonJ, I just don't know if they are going to increase the club dues by more than in the past because of the combined system. For those who had been paying both Vistana and MVC club dues, it will be significant savings regardless of the increase. I looked at my proposed SVR maintenance fees, it is going up by 16%, gulped, and that is without the "fully funded" reserves. I console myself that part of that increase will be covered by the eliminated Vistana club dues.
None of us knows if or how much they'll increase until official notice comes out. Historically, the Club Dues fee increases every couple/few years and conforms to the amounts on the Trust Points proposed budgets. @Fasttr says up there that this year's shows a $15 increase so that's what I'm expecting will be approved and what I'll see on my Club Dues invoice. It'll be interesting for all of us to see how the billing fleshes out for you Vistana owners with Abound and your existing club dues (whatever they're called) melding.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The 2023 club fee is disclosed in the Abound Exchange Procedures posted in the Abound FAQ. I believe they are on the last page.
1666011303378.png

Last edited:

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
2023 Club Points (determined on a per point basis):

2023 Property Tax Fee: $0.00592
2023 Operating Fee: $0.678

Total: $0.68392

Note: Does not include Club Dues, which are based on ownership level achieved

Also posted in Sticky

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I calculated 2023 dues against 2022 and it came to 8.911 percent increase.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given the labor challenges in the service sector and inflation in general, that seems reasonable. I was bracing for something higher.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Also posted in Sticky
This matches their sample budget with reduced reserves so they must have passed that at their September meeting. Have you been billed for these MF's already?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This matches their sample budget with reduced reserves so they must have passed that at their September meeting. Have you been billed for these MF's already?
If it is a final bill, it seems they are expecting reduced reserves to pass at all the resorts? We haven't even voted yet at Grande Vista or Harbour Lake.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

Also posted in Sticky

Where did you get this information? Isn’t this the same as last year? Could this really be 2022’s MF?

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of "bad" news, but this is the amount that was billed to my account. I suspect everyone with Club Points was billed at the same time? Check your account.

Last edited:

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
I just paid my MF.

4,000 points for $2,965.68

$.74142 per point.

Can someone who knows more than me about MVC dues explain the disparity between $.68392 and what I paid?

Thanks

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I just paid my MF.

$.74142 per point.

Can someone who knows more than me about MVC dues explain the disparity between $.68392 and what I paid?

Thanks
Club dues. Take off $230 from your number (Club dues), divide by 4000 (# of points), and the discrepancy is resolved.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I just paid my MF.

$.74142 per point.

Thanks
Your Dues?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Sorry to be the bearer of "bad" news, but this is the amount that was billed to my account. I suspect everyone with Club Points was billed at the same time? Check your account.
The billing is there for me as well.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
My 2023 maintenance fees came out to a little more than $.74 per point. That includes the club dues, which, as afar as I am concerned is part of the maintenance fees because I do not have a choice to opt out. I am not even sure what the club dues are for. I own 4,000 points.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Thank you all for your information.

When I added up all of the various fees including $230 for club dues the number tied out.

What do club dues pay for?