• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Velas in PV -- Trading through Owners Link?

beattytb6

Reaction score
My wife and I attended today a presentation at Club Velas in Puerto Vallarta. After declining to purchase, at the end of the presentation (which ended up being 3 hours and not 90 mins, which is about what we expected, so no surprises there), they offered us an "Entry Level" pre-paid package -- that basically gives you 4 weeks a year to use through Velas' proprietary trading system for 25 years. This internal trading system was called "Owners Link," or something like that.

If you include the annual membership fee to use Owners Link, total cost for 4 weeks/yr for 25 years equals $8,500 or $340/yr.

The kicker is: In order to actually stay in Club Velas or another resort listed in the Owners Link system, you have to deposit one of your 4 yearly weeks, + pay the "extra vacation" cost for that week. But no one could tell me what that extra vacation cost would be. They said that "It depends on the season," or "Could be $200 or more, depending on season and time of year." As a result, we declined to buy this "Entry Level" offer.

However, we could see ourselves coming back and staying at Club Velas if the price for a week wasn't bad, and they agreed to keep the offer open through tomorrow.

Question is: Any club Velas members here who could give me a sense whether Owners Link generally has good availability of weeks to choose from and how much a week at Club Velas would cost through this "Owners Link" maybe in offseason (July/August) as well as high season (Nov - Feb)?

Asking because if we could get a 1- or 2- bedroom each year for another $300 or $400 dollars -- we are thinking we might do it; partly because they said if we booked through owners link, we would qualify for the owners' all-inclusive price per day (which is a much discounted AI rate over exchanging through RCI), and that you don't have to pay the AI fee for the entire stay, and instead, as owners' could just pay the AI for one or more days that you want to use it; and also partly because a week in PV for $700 or $800 seems decent. But if the cost to trade and pay the "extra vacation" price is, e.g., $800 more or $1,000 more, doesn't seem worth it. I just don't know how much a week is through this Owners Link. Anyone know?

Any other thoughts or suggestions on Club Velas generally. Thoughts?

Also, I should add, this is not a right to use those weeks. There is no maintenance fees associated with them. This is why they said you have to pay the extra cost when trading through Owners Link.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My wife and I attended today a presentation at Club Velas in Puerto Vallarta. After declining to purchase, at the end of the presentation ......they offered us an "Entry Level" pre-paid package ......

Question is: Any club Velas members here who could give me a sense whether Owners Link generally has good availability of weeks to choose from and how much a week at Club Velas would cost through this "Owners Link" maybe in offseason (July/August) as well as high season (Nov - Feb)?

Asking because if we could get a 1- or 2- bedroom each year for another $300 or $400 dollars -- we are thinking we might do it; partly because they said if we booked through owners link, we would qualify for the owners' all-inclusive price per day (which is a much discounted AI rate over exchanging through RCI), and that you don't have to pay the AI fee for the entire stay, and instead, as owners' could just pay the AI for one or more days that you want to use it; and also partly because a week in PV for $700 or $800 seems decent. But if the cost to trade and pay the "extra vacation" price is, e.g., $800 more or $1,000 more, doesn't seem worth it........

Any other thoughts or suggestions on Club Velas generally. Thoughts?

Also, I should add, this is not a right to use those weeks. There is no maintenance fees associated with them. This is why they said you have to pay the extra cost when trading through Owners Link.

HI @beattytb6
I have no knowledge of Owners Link and have never stayed at a Velas resort.
I have walked thru / visited the property in the Puerto Vallarta Marina.

My gut tells me this is an "exit package" deal that will likely only get you off season weeks.

In my opinion - you would be better to buy a resale Velas through TUG Marketplace or Redweek that could get you Nov - April access as well.
There is a Velas for sale listing in TUG Marketplace for $ 395

There are 4 Listings - 2 rentals & 2 "for sales" in the classifieds in TUG Marketplace
TUG Marketplace Classified Listings for Velas

Club Velas seems to be really liked by owners for the quality of the AI
and the over all resort quality and experience.

Last edited: