• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritt's Tortuga Club Cayman

starzim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairway Villas
Grand Chateau
Aruba Ocean Club
Grand Vista
Wife and I have never been to Cayman looking for input on the Morritts Tottuga resort as we are looking to travel in January 2023.
Any input would be helpful
Thanks!

DRIless

Reaction score
Wife and I have never been to Cayman looking for input on the Morritts Tottuga resort as we are looking to travel in January 2023.
Any input would be helpful Thanks!
Nice, laid back resort, at the quiet East End of the Island. You need a car.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Stayed many years ago...no elevator back then. They were refurbishing or beginning to. Right on the beach and we liked it. Our unit was beach front. Staff nice. Supermarket nearby, walking distance. Location does require a car if you plan to do any sightseeing.

Jkklein

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritts Tortuga
Thanks!
I am an owner at Morritts and the resort is nice know that it is located on the East End which is a quieter part of the island about 45 minutes from 7 mile beach . I’m happy to answer Any questions been an owner for 10 years

jasper60103

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Morritts and the resort is nice know that it is located on the East End which is a quieter part of the island about 45 minutes from 7 mile beach . I’m happy to answer Any questions been an owner for 10 years
I’m planning a trip in June 2023. I reserved a 2 BR unit. We like the idea of being on the quieter side of the island and plan to rent a car to site see.

Any recommendations for restaurants to try near George Town or 7 mile beach? No dietary restrictions and love good food! Also any recommendations for places to see and do? We will consider site seeing tours as well.

Also, I’ve seen in my confirmation letter to expect to pay $75-$250/week (2 BR) for energy surcharge. And to expect a Cayman Island room tax of $30/day (2 BR). Does this sound about right?

Also, what are the requirements for Covid shots/testing upon entry at the resort? We’ve had Covid shots and boosted.

Appreciate your help and information. Thanks.

Last edited:

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
The Cayman timeshare tax is $10 per day. The energy surcharge is based on how much electricity you used during the week. Cayman just got rid of the pre-entry testing requirement but you still have to register with and be approved by Travel Cayman. If you are vaccinated, you do not have to quarantine.

jasper60103

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Cayman timeshare tax is $10 per day. The energy surcharge is based on how much electricity you used during the week. Cayman just got rid of the pre-entry testing requirement but you still have to register with and be approved by Travel Cayman. If you are vaccinated, you do not have to quarantine.

Thankyou.

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurants we like:
Georgetown side of the Island:
Grand Old House, fine dining, great sunsets. South of Georgetown.
Sunset House Bar, Bar type food and sandwiches , lighter fare, great sunsets good happy hour, also south of Georgetown.
CasaNova, down town, Good Italian
Peppers Good BBQ, bands on the weekend, North of town on the strip.
The Falls, Great steak house north of town on a side road.
East End:
Eagle Rays, light fare, great lion fish tacos. At the Ocean Frontiers dive shop.
La Casita, Mexican across from Eagle Rays.
TUKA, Australian inspired, great Sunday brunch. In Gun Bay, you will pass on the way to Morritts
Italian Kitchen, across the street from Morritt's, in the shopping center. Very good Italian and pizza.
Over the edge, Local type place, Fresh seafood in Old Man Bay.
Mimi's at the resort is a great place for light fare if the wind isn't blowing.

jasper60103

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Mahlon.
Sounds like you spent a lot time on Grand Cayman.
This is great information.
Thanks a lot!

Restaurants we like:
Sunset House Bar, Bar type food and sandwiches , lighter fare, great sunsets good happy hour, also south of Georgetown.
East End:
Eagle Rays, light fare, great lion fish tacos. At the Ocean Frontiers dive shop.
TUKA, Australian inspired, great Sunday brunch. In Gun Bay, you will pass on the way to Morritts
Italian Kitchen, across the street from Morritt's, in the shopping center. Very good Italian and pizza.

bchill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurants we like:
East End:
Hello Mahlon. Do you know of a good car rental company? Thank you.

bchill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. Do you have a recommendation for car rental? We’re going the end of February.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
We are in Cayman now. The car rental market here is a bit competitive at present time. More requests than cars available, We struck out at Andy’s, Rodney's, and Cayman Auto(Georgetown). We secured a 9 day rental from Marshall’s, only after booking online, and then calling the morning of, to confirm the rental. They don’t charge for a second driver, and didn’t give us the hard sell, or fear and doubt, when declining insurance. It can be crazy, busy here some days. The cruises are back….10+ per week. East End continues to be a lot quieter.

Tip: Download the map of Grand Cayman to Google Maps, with all favorites saved, before leaving home. The navigation will still work, with voice instructions, even when your Iphone is in airplane mode, and cellular is turned off. Also, enable wi-fi calling; I have been able to call back to the states from the wi-fi provided by the resorts, without incurring any cellular service charges.

DRIless

Reaction score
Also, enable wi-fi calling; I have been able to call back to the states from the wi-fi provided by the resorts, without incurring any cellular service charges.
on an iPhone you've got to turn off cellular data as it will default to that even when WiFi calling is enabled, lesson learned in Germany many years ago

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thankyou.
Hi. I posted this on another page, but I see you are an owner. I am looking to visit GC again and would like Tortuga. Unfortunately once when we went we were at the adult pool and I would have liked to be by the premier pool. They had told me at that time it depended on your check in day. Is that true? I am handicap and I love the activity there and the pool bar. Do you know what check in day I should try for? Thank you.

irishween

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the beach like at Tortuga?

jasper60103

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a two week stay on Grand Cayman.
The first week we stayed at Morrits Tortuga Club, 6/10 - 6/17.
We were pleased with our accommodations. The unit had everything we needed.
The beach was nice but it did have a little seaweed.
Several swimming pools are available though. The exercise room was good. A couple restaurants are on site and a market is within walking distance. The East End is pretty nice and quiet.

The second week we stayed in George Town at the Seven Mile Beach Resort, 6/17 - 6/24.
That was an enjoyable week as well. Having more shopping and restaurant choices was a plus.
If we were to go back to Grand Cayman, we would choose Morrits on the East End though.

Last edited:

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
We are thinking of cancelling our Maui trip end of September and thinking of going to Morritt's GC instead. Any comment regarding the season? I know it is hurricane season. Thank you

Last edited: