• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk / Hyatt / World of Hyatt Information

Danielle1124

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort
[Deleted: not allowed in the discussion forums]

Last edited by a moderator:

someguy123

Reaction score
Interested in Welks resale. Does someone have access to see availability of the studio at Northstar, by weekday or weekend?. Wondering how far ahead would have to book to get the studio? Are there many dates available for this year or are they gone and would have to book a one bedroom?
There is no 1 bedroom at Northstar. There are studios and then 2 bed, 2 bed w den, 3 bed, etc.

seaside2022

Reaction score
Are there any studio units at Northstar that can be booked for a friday or saturday night at this time? If so when are the first date available?

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
changing schedule is allowed in Welk system, from a full week to short days? With/without fees? Thinking about buying resale points for stays at Northstar in ski season but a full week is too long for us.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
changing schedule is allowed in Welk system, from a full week to short days? With/without fees? Thinking about buying resale points for stays at Northstar in ski season but a full week is too long for us.

Self answering, found from a rule document. It's not possible:

Reservations cannot be canceled/changed to decrease days of a full Week reservation
when originally booked as a Week.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Self answering again. I check hyatt hotel webpage and I can book Northstar lodge for a short stay for 2023 ski season. Except for a holiday week, the price is comparable to the annual maintenance fee for the required points for the stay. So, my conclusion is that buying welk points to stay at Northstar for a short stay is not a good idea.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Self answering again. I check hyatt hotel webpage and I can book Northstar lodge for a short stay for 2023 ski season. Except for a holiday week, the price is comparable to the annual maintenance fee for the required points for the stay. So, my conclusion is that buying welk points to stay at Northstar for a short stay is not a good idea.
Only concern would be availability. I’m not clear what the source of those nights are on Hyatt.com

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any studio units at Northstar that can be booked for a friday or saturday night at this time? If so when are the first date available?

I am also curious about this. Thinking about buying Welk points to use primarily for Northstar studios, not sure how feasible is it.

I check hyatt hotel webpage and I can book Northstar lodge for a short stay for 2023 ski season. Except for a holiday week, the price is comparable to the annual maintenance fee for the required points for the stay. So, my conclusion is that buying welk points to stay at Northstar for a short stay is not a good idea.

I also checked Hyatt's website and found availability for studio and 2 bedrooms the entire month of March, not sure what the source of the inventory is. Maybe Hyatt has its own hotel inventory? One week pre-paid rate for a 2 bedroom is about $4000 after tax and fees, so that's still a little more expensive than the MF for the points equivalent .

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also curious about this. Thinking about buying Welk points to use primarily for Northstar studios, not sure how feasible is it.

I also checked Hyatt's website and found availability for studio and 2 bedrooms the entire month of March, not sure what the source of the inventory is. Maybe Hyatt has its own hotel inventory? One week pre-paid rate for a 2 bedroom is about $4000 after tax and fees, so that's still a little more expensive than the MF for the points equivalent .
Right. Too early to conclude. Still thinking.

seaside2022

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a Welks account and if so, can you determine if there are any studio units at Northstar that can be booked for a two or three night stay, arriving on thursday, friday or saturday. If so when is the first date available? Are there several available?

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Does anyone here have a Welks account and if so, can you determine if there are any studio units at Northstar that can be booked for a two or three night stay, arriving on thursday, friday or saturday. If so when is the first date available? Are there several available?
not finding any studios via a cursory review (Jan and Feb, Friday check-in) . This somewhat makes sense since many considering how few points are required for the studio compared to the 2-bed. (Note, normal points owners can book at week at 15-mo. Priority owners can book a week as early as 22 mos. Also, any weeks booked at 15-mos can be used as rentals.)

Last edited:

GussieMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kona Islander, Vacation Village-Bonaventure, Diamond Resorts San Luis Bay Inn, Welk Escondido Platinum, Four Seasons Aviara
No mention of how the Hyatt Resorts merger effected all this? Or are these old posts?

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
not finding any studios via a cursory review (Jan and Feb, Friday check-in) . This somewhat makes sense since many considering how few points are required for the studio compared to the 2-bed. (Note, normal points owners can book at week at 15-mo. Priority owners can book a week as early as 22 mos. Also, any weeks booked at 15-mos can be used as rentals.)

Thank you for checking, that's good to know, and I should keep my expectation low

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
No mention of how the Hyatt Resorts merger effected all this? Or are these old posts?

As of now, there is no program merger, outside of discounted II exchanges, between the HRC and HVC (nee Welk). HVC is supposed to get access to hotel points in the Fall but details have not been made available. And, I have seen nothing regarding any type of program merger. From what I have heard from management, it is quite challenging due to the way the programs operate and the way that the resorts are owned. (eg. the discussion about HSH leaving HRC could not happen in HVC since the resorts are owned by a trust.)

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do resale owner need to get their own II account or does it come with the MF?
Also if I get a biennial contract, can I deposit current year points in II and still get two years to use them for exchanges in II?
For point deposits in II, I saw in another thread that 120,000 points can get a 1 bedroom in high season and 2 bedroom in low season, but is there a choice for paid size upgrade? for example, if I only have 120,000 and can see 1 bedroom in high season, can I pay $99 for the size upgrade to a 2 bedroom if available?

VillaHoliday_42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar EY, HVC Desert Oasis Deed w/ Plat Pt overlay EY
  • Platinum Point Valuation Schedule
  • Experience Collection Schedule
  • Experience Collection Reference Guide
  • Timeshare Season Calendar

Attachments

• EXPERIENCES COLLECTION REFERENCE GUIDE 10.30.2023.pdf
    318.6 KB · Views: 28
  • HVC Fixed Weeks Calendar 2023-2025 10.31.2023.pdf
    180.3 KB · Views: 10
  • POINT VALUES - EXPERIENCES COLLECTION 10.30.2023.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 16
  • POINT VALUES - HYATT VACATION CLUB 10.30.2023.pdf
    203.3 KB · Views: 25

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! I always wondered about the experiences collection. Seems to be an expensive use of MFs.

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exploring the Hyatt platinum points program with a potential resale purchase in mind. Is the experiences collection easy to use? Anyone have experience getting high demand resorts (four seasons etc) in peak times….like Carlsbad summer or scottsdale winter, a year out? Biggest downside to buying resale other than not being able to covert to Hyatt hotel points (which I wouldn’t) is? Thanks for the help.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploring the Hyatt platinum points program with a potential resale purchase in mind. Is the experiences collection easy to use? Anyone have experience getting high demand resorts (four seasons etc) in peak times….like Carlsbad summer or scottsdale winter, a year out? Biggest downside to buying resale other than not being able to covert to Hyatt hotel points (which I wouldn’t) is? Thanks for the help.
It loots amazing on paper, but he points required are high and availability is very low.

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It loots amazing on paper, but he points required are high and availability is very low.
can you share more details about the availability issues you have experienced?