• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palmera Vacation Club

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, it sounds like you did the right thing: attended a sales pitch, liked the product, did a little digging, and found a decent deal on eBay. Folks just wanted to make sure you did, indeed, pay no more than a $1 or so for this. :)

I am not a PVC owner, but I would start withe the advice that tschwa2 gave you. Give it a couple of weeks, and then call Palmera about accessing the portal. They should be able to guide you from there.

TBH, sounds like a good way to get into timesharing, at a low initial cost, with a property that you like. You'll learn a lot by trying to use it, and, if after a few years, it's not meeting your needs, you can always give it away again.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
No, it sounds like you did the right thing: attended a sales pitch, liked the product, did a little digging, and found a decent deal on eBay. Folks just wanted to make sure you did, indeed, pay no more than a $1 or so for this. :)

I am not a PVC owner, but I would start withe the advice that tschwa2 gave you. Give it a couple of weeks, and then call Palmera about accessing the portal. They should be able to guide you from there.

TBH, sounds like a good way to get into timesharing, at a low initial cost, with a property that you like. You'll learn a lot by trying to use it, and, if after a few years, it's not meeting your needs, you can always give it away again.
Thank you ! So much ! Yes when we stayed at their resort with a family member we loved it and we got married in the area that is also why we wanted to have it as well. At the sales pitch it was going to be 9 thousand dollars for 2,000 points. And I just couldn’t fathom the idea of financing that much starting out. And when I found this for 3,000 points and for 1.50 and being a beginner I thought I’d give it a try as I want to get into time sharing. Have to begin somewhere. But not knowing much about it I wasn’t willing to be financing crazy amount of money until I figure it out.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Yes I went to the sales pitch las time I was on HHI, I purchased this on EBay for $1.50. With more points that was offered at the sales pitch. Are you a PVC owner ?
No, I'm not a PVC owner. I didn't realize at first that you had bought this on Ebay so advice or discussion about rescinding your purchase probably wouldn't apply.
But, you have certainly come to the right place to learn more about what you bought. Also, sounds like you're familiar with the property so I wish you the best and
hope you get a lot of use out of your purchase.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
No, I'm not a PVC owner. I didn't realize at first that you had bought this on Ebay so advice or discussion about rescinding your purchase probably wouldn't apply.
But, you have certainly come to the right place to learn more about what you bought. Also, sounds like you're familiar with the property so I wish you the best and
hope you get a lot of use out of your purchase.
Thank you ! I hope we do too. As I’m new to this I do hope to learn a lot here weather this was the the right one or not. But hoping it is a start.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I think you'll be fine with a $1.50 purchase. Esp. if seller prepaid next years annual fees. That's like getting paid $1K. The units are nice and HHI has high demand and a long season--not just summer prime. People like spring/fall to golf and go when not so hot.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
I think you'll be fine with a $1.50 purchase. Esp. if seller prepaid next years annual fees. That's like getting paid $1K. The units are nice and HHI has high demand and a long season--not just summer prime. People like spring/fall to golf and go when not so hot.
Thanks ! I was thinking more spring and late late summer or early fall myself. We got married on the beach August 19th and our whole week there was way too hot to enjoy it. I like 80’s and 90’s. The week we were there every day was over 100

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
You do understand that you have to pay fees annually whether you use the points Or week or not? If you have only signed a contract, I assume on ebay, you Might be able to still rescind.
I believe that you have to sign and seller has to ratify the Actual real estate contract. Since you don’t totally understand how timeshares work, it might be a good idea to rescind your purchase.
If you can’t, you paid way less than from developer, but you’re still then responsible for ongoing fees. Not necessarily a bad thing, as I also own one, but you Might want to wait to research and understand the product BetteR 1st.

Last edited:

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
You do understand that you have to pay fees annually whether you use the points Or week or not? If you have only signed a contract, I assume on ebay, you Might be able to still rescind.
I believe that you have to sign and seller has to ratify the Actual real estate contract. Since you don’t totally understand how timeshares work, it might be a good idea to rescind your purchase.
If you can’t, you paid way less than from developer, but you’re still then responsible for ongoing fees. Not necessarily a bad thing, as I also own one, but you Might want to wait to research and understand the product BetteR 1st.
Yes I do understand I have to pay the yearly fees. And keep up with that.

jdlloyd67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Saratoga Springs Resort (sold)
Island Links Resort - HHI
Hi gang! Great thread! Currently own a platinum deeded week at Island Links. Use it to trade within RCI and it does great for us. Would like to know more about the points system within Palmera. Does anyone know where to view a points chart? Maybe someone has a general idea of what a 2 bdrm in the Red/Gold (late spring/early fall) season would cost in points annually? Just trying to determine what I would need in points to make an annual visit to HHI through Palmera. Thanks!

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi gang! Great thread! Currently own a platinum deeded week at Island Links. Use it to trade within RCI and it does great for us. Would like to know more about the points system within Palmera. Does anyone know where to view a points chart? Maybe someone has a general idea of what a 2 bdrm in the Red/Gold (late spring/early fall) season would cost in points annually? Just trying to determine what I would need in points to make an annual visit to HHI through Palmera. Thanks!
Good luck finding a points chart for PVC. They seem to not want to share that information. I have a friend going for a PVC presentation today. I told him to ask for a copy of the point chart. Of course he will not buy but he can use the chart to decide how many points he would need to buy resale.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Good luck finding a points chart for PVC. They seem to not want to share that information. I have a friend going for a PVC presentation today. I told him to ask for a copy of the point chart. Of course he will not buy but he can use the chart to decide how many points he would need to buy resale.
I am pretty sure that palmera points are 1/10 th Rci points so 10,000 palmera = 100,000 rci.