• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Mexico

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Half fish.

1605721398582.png

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Is this the fire station in Cabo?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fire station walked by it last night on the way to a restaurant we havnt tried yet. Mariscos La Palmita which BTW was absolutely fantastic. Nothing fancy, but very clean and COVID conscious. Very reasonable. Imperial Shrimp, Lobster combo plate 2 beers 30.00 US.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Fire station walked by it last night on the way to a restaurant we havnt tried yet. Mariscos La Palmita which BTW was absolutely fantastic. Nothing fancy, but very clean and COVID conscious. Very reasonable. Imperial Shrimp, Lobster combo plate 2 beers 30.00 US.

There is one that was recommended by the guy I fish with down there. Huachinango. It’s behind Squid Roe. Excellent. They bring out a whole tray of different sauces to try with the Dorado we caught.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
nice photo!!! I don't know the location.
Clue:
"There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell "

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Clue:
"There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell "

Hotel California. It's funny how many people take photos in front of that thinking it's where the Eagles wrote that song. Total Urban Legend.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Hotel California. It's funny how many people take photos in front of that thinking it's where the Eagles wrote that song. Total Urban Legend.
Not actually the Hotel California. This would be the (site of the) mission at Todos Santos around the corner from HC. Urban legend perhaps, but the Eagles have never confirmed or denied and the town fits very well (dark desert highway, warm smell of colitas, mission bells, the town is an oasis in the desert). Putting up a picture of the actual Hotel California would have been way too easy since there are signs all over it.

Todos Santos is a lovely little town and an easy day trip from Cabo. DW and I drove up there one day just after a (very rare) rain so that everything was blooming in the desert. Really fun day!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Not actually the Hotel California. This would be the (site of the) mission at Todos Santos around the corner from HC. Urban legend perhaps, but the Eagles have never confirmed or denied and the town fits very well (dark desert highway, warm smell of colitas, mission bells, the town is an oasis in the desert). Putting up a picture of the actual Hotel California would have been way too easy since there are signs all over it.

Todos Santos is a lovely little town and an easy day trip from Cabo. DW and I drove up there one day just after a (very rare) rain so that everything was blooming in the desert. Really fun day!

I know Don Henley has denied it. The song is about being trapped by the music industry. The hotel is just a metaphor. BTW, there is a place across the street called Tequila Sunrise that has great tacos and some of the best margaritas I've ever had.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Guess where is it?

Attachments

• 1D5CAC33-7FD2-4E5D-BFED-C8606A54360E.jpeg
    1D5CAC33-7FD2-4E5D-BFED-C8606A54360E.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 20

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know Don Henley has denied it. The song is about being trapped by the music industry. The hotel is just a metaphor. BTW, there is a place across the street called Tequila Sunrise that has great tacos and some of the best margaritas I've ever had.
The history of how the song came to be written makes it pretty clear. To whatever extent there is a connection to a physical hotel, the hotel would be the Beverly Hills Hotel.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Guess where is it?

Looks like PB Emerald Bay in the dining/ lookout area. I thought this area should be a deck but some one said that it gets so hot in the summer that having it enclosed was was better.

Bill

shorep

Reaction score
It is a whole lot warmer than 'standing on a corner in Wimsloh Arizona',even if you are 'a fine sight to see',and there's 'a girl my lord in a flatbed ford, slowing down to take a look.....'