• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dad Issues Warning About Mermaid Swim Tails

geekette

Reaction score
What a terrible idea, to bind the legs of a swimmer. Bad concept, should never have become product.

So far as I know, kids can still use their imaginations. Pretend that you have a mermaid tail. Make the kids terry cloth 'swim robes' that have tails. It's a towel, it's a coverup, but when worn properly, tail should be just past the knees. It's a decent out-of-pool compromise.

I am honestly angry that anyone would so unthinkably put swimmers in danger.

I am glad for the happy ending, with fast-thinking older sister, and dad that is always careful, and knew there was a risk. Had either he or his other daughter not been "on it", .... yikes

Seems like a good time to point out The Buddy System for swimming anywhere, in anything. There should always be at least 2 of you, watching out for each other. Nobody swims alone. I was a long time competitive swimmer, and that includes me, too. Probably 3 times in my life that I didn't have a buddy capable of fast help if I needed it, so I cut short my planned water fun.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
looks like a bad idea ..... but not as bad as lawn darts ;)

I loved lawn darts as a kid. So many memories from when I was a kid.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I loved lawn darts as a kid. So many memories from when I was a kid.
We still have two sets of lawn jarts. DH has the original box too.
062d5467e1e8e0e1b4ed551cd3e56fed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We still have two sets of lawn jarts. DH has the original box too.
062d5467e1e8e0e1b4ed551cd3e56fed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly the same one we had. Many hours of fun with that. Our whole family played.:)

geekette

Reaction score
Had no idea it was Missile Game for the Family! Somehow I think my brother would have taken Missile literally. Probably why we never had them.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Exactly the same one we had. Many hours of fun with that. Our whole family played.:)
My grandparents had a set at the farm, and all of us grandkids would play with them when we got together. With ~25 grandkids, I'm amazed that none of us ever got injured -- but it was definitely a fun game to play!

Kurt

Brett

Reaction score
My grandparents had a set at the farm, and all of us grandkids would play with them when we got together. With ~25 grandkids, I'm amazed that none of us ever got injured -- but it was definitely a fun game to play!

Kurt

we also had lawn darts, it was a fun game
I don't know what happened to the game but we all survived :)

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's a family get together without a trip to the emergency room. (It'll put your eye out, kid) Today's youth, just wrapped in bubble wrap. ;)

Yep, we played that for literally decades and no one ever got hurt. Great memories.