• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So glad that we went SOMEWHERE! A Happy Ending!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
First off: I had intended to be in NH this week. I was looking forward to being in a familiar area, even if I hadn't stayed at the resort in awhile. Then, the resort wasn't open. I was ready to say forget it to the whole week...but II was able to swap us to Vacationland Estates. I had never even heard of this place. But travel is travel, and I figured we'd find a way to enjoy ourselves. You know what? We've had a blast. The kids have loved being able to sleep late, swim without crowds of people, sift through an Amish bulk food store...came out with a POUND of yeast...lots of bread in our future! They dove into a lake (spring fed and FREEZING!), got an ice cream (or two...or maybe three....) at a little local ice cream shop, we've been lazy with no plan whatsoever. Just what I needed after months of facilitating distance learning, working long hours at Target in a mask, and dealing with divorce lawyers. This is our first trip of four this summer. It was last-minute, unresearched, unplanned. But it reminded me of the healing power of travel and exploration. Audrey (my 16 yr old) has picked out a route for us in the Maine Gazetteer every afternoon. We've traversed some dirt roads that I'd swear were snowmobile trails. We've come back in one piece every time, though! One more day here in the shadow of Katahdin. Soaking it all up, and giving thanks that we got to see a little more of this beautiful state we call home. <3 All of that is to say to not overlook the timeshare places that might be close to home. They aren't "wastes"...going away is going away! Will be sure to write a review when we get home Saturday evening.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Outstanding @missyrcrews!
And I can tell you your review will be appreciated by @TUGBrian!

We have yet to visit Maine - and I hope to address that in the coming years.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
First off: I had intended to be in NH this week. I was looking forward to being in a familiar area, even if I hadn't stayed at the resort in awhile. Then, the resort wasn't open. I was ready to say forget it to the whole week...but II was able to swap us to Vacationland Estates. I had never even heard of this place. But travel is travel, and I figured we'd find a way to enjoy ourselves. You know what? We've had a blast. The kids have loved being able to sleep late, swim without crowds of people, sift through an Amish bulk food store...came out with a POUND of yeast...lots of bread in our future! They dove into a lake (spring fed and FREEZING!), got an ice cream (or two...or maybe three....) at a little local ice cream shop, we've been lazy with no plan whatsoever. Just what I needed after months of facilitating distance learning, working long hours at Target in a mask, and dealing with divorce lawyers. This is our first trip of four this summer. It was last-minute, unresearched, unplanned. But it reminded me of the healing power of travel and exploration. Audrey (my 16 yr old) has picked out a route for us in the Maine Gazetteer every afternoon. We've traversed some dirt roads that I'd swear were snowmobile trails. We've come back in one piece every time, though! One more day here in the shadow of Katahdin. Soaking it all up, and giving thanks that we got to see a little more of this beautiful state we call home. <3 All of that is to say to not overlook the timeshare places that might be close to home. They aren't "wastes"...going away is going away! Will be sure to write a review when we get home Saturday evening.

What resort in N.H. were you supposed to go to? It was Loon, right? We were just at Pollard Brook this past weekend. I actually didn’t notice about Loon even thought we walked to the entrance one morning from Pollard.

Anyway-.Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Are you still going to Pollard next week?

Last edited:

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
@missyrcrews A mental health break, you needed it! Happy kids, sunshine, and swimming!A wonderful outlook and great for you to make it happen. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you all had a great time. Much needed. I always say everyone should be able to get away if they want/need to. Does not have to be far, plane not always needed, can be inexpensive, etc.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
That sounds like the break you needed. The yeast at the Amish store was quite a find!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What resort in N.H. were you supposed to go to? It was Loon, right? We were just at Pollard Brook this past weekend. I actually didn’t notice about Loon even thought we walked to the entrance one morning from Pollard.

Anyway-.Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Are you still going to Pollard next week?
Yes, we were supposed to go to Village of Loon Mountain, but they weren't opening until today. Yes, still headed to Pollard next week. We're going home tomorrow, I'm going to work tomorrow night at Target and the kids will stay a night with their dad, and then we'll take off Sunday afternoon again. It's a timesharing summer!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes, we were supposed to go to Village of Loon Mountain, but they weren't opening until today. Yes, still headed to Pollard next week. We're going home tomorrow, I'm going to work tomorrow night at Target and the kids will stay a night with their dad, and then we'll take off Sunday afternoon again. It's a timesharing summer!

We had a nice time at Pollard. It was busy! Enjoy it!

FYI- if you want to go to a state park like Echo Lake Beach in Franconia Notch you have to make a reservation now with this COVID thing going on.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only state park place we're planning on is Flume Gorge. We'll get there, and see what the weather looks like, and then get our reservation made. Smuggs has reservations for the pools, too. That's fine...will be nice to not be right on top of one another!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The only state park place we're planning on is Flume Gorge. We'll get there, and see what the weather looks like, and then get our reservation made. Smuggs has reservations for the pools, too. That's fine...will be nice to not be right on top of one another!

Not for the private pools though. Like West Hill or Aspens.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I 'inherited' a week at Vacationland Estates when FIL died.

It has low MF, short season, and is a 'decent' resort----albeit in Northern Maine.

We have only been there once, prior to owning it.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I'm glad you and your children had a wonderful time. Yes, a vacation is a vacation. We just were in Carlsbad for 5 days and it was wonderful. Other families like us needing to a much needed break.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So happy the "crew" got out for some family time!

We also just returned from a much needed getaway, we ended up at Brewster Green on the Cape. Not my first choice of location, but it was Covid low risk for us. Plenty of bike riding, car rides to nowhere and good family time playing cards and tossing a frisbee.

Work has been insane for me since Covid….it was time I took a little step away and spend time with the family too.

I have been watching the II ACs Missy to join you at Pollard for a few days, but nothing coming through (bummer)…..some day!!!

drmicm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at Pollard Brook this past weekend. I actually didn’t notice about Loon even thought we walked to the entrance one morning from Pollard.
I'm glad that Pollard is open and running. We own a week there and was supposed to be there this week with our grandsons, but deposited it a couple of months ago, not knowing what would be open in the area. We love the resort, we love our unit, love the area and it's only a couple of hours away so it's convenient.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
So happy the "crew" got out for some family time!

We also just returned from a much needed getaway, we ended up at Brewster Green on the Cape. Not my first choice of location, but it was Covid low risk for us. Plenty of bike riding, car rides to nowhere and good family time playing cards and tossing a frisbee.

Work has been insane for me since Covid….it was time I took a little step away and spend time with the family too.

I have been watching the II ACs Missy to join you at Pollard for a few days, but nothing coming through (bummer)…..some day!!!

Were the wild turkeys visiting Brewster Green while you were there?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Were the wild turkeys visiting Brewster Green while you were there?

Yes. I saw just a single one day, which was strange. Then a couple days later saw a couple adults with about 1/2 dozen little ones. Turkeys have made a come back in recent years. I often wonder why you never see them as road kill though.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Massanutten VA after having our exchange cancelled at Eastern Slope Inn. We would have rather gone to the White Mountains since we have never been there, but this was similar scenery. We went to Shenandoah National Park with our Senior Pass, attended a few resort activities, and were able to eat indoors at restaurants as well as outdoors patio dining, so maybe it was all for the best.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm glad that Pollard is open and running. We own a week there and was supposed to be there this week with our grandsons, but deposited it a couple of months ago, not knowing what would be open in the area. We love the resort, we love our unit, love the area and it's only a couple of hours away so it's convenient.
That's what I did with my Cold Spring week....we should have checked in yesterday. Banked it, because I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Worked out, because I got 26TPU, and only spent 14 to get the Pollard week. :) Will miss the Cold Spring peeps though. It's the same people every year, and they are like family.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Wow-thanks the idea. We just canceled our Florida trip in aug. maybe we’ll grab a last minute at massanutten for July. It’s barely 2 hours from us. If we run out of stuff to do, we’ll just pack up and leave.

babysteps

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale; Diamond Resorts
We are at Village of Loon Mountain now (had reservation starting 6/28 and as @missyrcrews said they re-opened 6/26). The pools are open, but with social distancing measures. The hot tubs and sauna are closed, I believe the gym is open but that's not my gig lol. We are just loving being on vacation for the first time since March, and enjoying the White Mountains :) It isn't raining *all* the time, some walks & hiking have been dry (some not).

geekette

Reaction score
outstanding!

I do like back roads, always something interesting.

I am not someone that likes schedules on vacation. I mean, ok, if the ski boat leaves at 6 am, I will make sure I am on it. But mostly, vacation to me means not Having To be anywhere or do anything until/unless I want to. Just let the vibe push me to this or that, or laze with a book enjoying whatever sights and sounds.

I am so glad you got the happy relaxing trip you all needed!

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for you. Great to get away....Glad you enjoyed it and you went before the heat...We were there once, a nice resort but far from everything, a bit too humid mid-summer when we went.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are at Village of Loon Mountain now (had reservation starting 6/28 and as @missyrcrews said they re-opened 6/26). The pools are open, but with social distancing measures. The hot tubs and sauna are closed, I believe the gym is open but that's not my gig lol. We are just loving being on vacation for the first time since March, and enjoying the White Mountains :) It isn't raining *all* the time, some walks & hiking have been dry (some not).
[/QUOTE

I hope you got out today and enjoyed the beautiful weather! Flume Gorge for us. These 50 yr old knees are feeling it!