• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exit offer from Premier Resorts, Fairfield Harbor

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been addressed but 2-3 weeks ago, I received a letter from Premier Resorts stating "after meeting with our leadership team, we have been authorized to offer an additional 50 owners an option to exit their ownership and their long-term commitments related to timeshare." I have owned a fixed week at Fairfield Harbor, New Bern, for 8 years and I know that Premier Resorts is part of this but not sure if this is legit. I called Fairfield and the receptionist did not know about this but she was new so I called Premier and now have an appointment for a conference call on Monday. I am thinking of getting rid of this week and want to hear what they say but feel there is something wrong with offer. Has anyone else received this letter? Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Most people here will tell you that any "timeshare exit" company is nothing but a scam. I have not heard of anybody having any luck with them.

You should investigate using Ovations from Wyndham. There are plenty of posts here about this. They'll take your deed back as long as it is paid for and your maintenance fees are current. When you call, please ask about the Limited Edition program. This is where Wyndham will give you 3 years of points that are equivalent to the amount you own.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Not sure if this has been addressed but 2-3 weeks ago, I received a letter from Premier Resorts stating "after meeting with our leadership team, we have been authorized to offer an additional 50 owners an option to exit their ownership and their long-term commitments related to timeshare." I have owned a fixed week at Fairfield Harbor, New Bern, for 8 years and I know that Premier Resorts is part of this but not sure if this is legit. I called Fairfield and the receptionist did not know about this but she was new so I called Premier and now have an appointment for a conference call on Monday. I am thinking of getting rid of this week and want to hear what they say but feel there is something wrong with offer. Has anyone else received this letter? Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are dealing directly with the resort then this could be a very good deal to effectively get out of your timeshare. It will certainly be cheaper than any exit company, which may just end up taking your money.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Resorts have reasons for making offers to take back Weeks. A number of years ago I owned a Week at a Resort that had to make extensive repairs that would trigger an increase in future MFs and a large 2 or 3 year Special Assessment. As an alternative they offered to take back my Week for $1,000. I accepted their offer, mailed them my $1,000 and never looked back. My advice. Carefully check out the offer you received and see if it works for you...

George

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for responses. I guess I will just listen to their offer in the morning. Back about 10 years ago, the person that gave me the timeshare had been tricked by several of the underhanded timeshare resale companies and paid over $5000 for their promises to get her out of her timeshares. Then they skipped town. I just need to do my homework and always feel this forum is a great place to start.

Reactions: Arb

islandog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess this should have been posted in another forum. Fairfield Harbour is a Wyndham resort but managed by Premier Resorts. Today I got my call from Premier and the real (dirty) lowdown on their offer. This is not a "Take-back" but an "Ease out" program which allows you to get rid of your timeshare in 4 years, receiving 25,000 points per year to use for your own travel purposes and at the end of 4 years if you decide you do not want to keep your timeshare it will be liquidated. All this for only $8,795. This will pay for the maintenance fees, attorney and closing fees, etc. This was so ludicrous that I laughed. For this amount I can pay my own maintenance fee ($820 now) for ten years and use or trade the timeshare. I read the complaints on BBB how this company sold these travel vouchers and were not able to fulfill people's requests so I knew this was too good to be true but I did not expect anything like their offer. She said they had been approved for 50 slots to make this offer and 38 spots have been filled. I really hate to think people fell for this. It is the same old line that exit companies have used for years - pay up front.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree if you want to get out call Ovations. If you would prefer Wyndham Points for you fixed week. Check out the 5 page post on Free Conversions till 8/31.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I guess this should have been posted in another forum. Fairfield Harbour is a Wyndham resort but managed by Premier Resorts. Today I got my call from Premier and the real (dirty) lowdown on their offer. This is not a "Take-back" but an "Ease out" program which allows you to get rid of your timeshare in 4 years, receiving 25,000 points per year to use for your own travel purposes and at the end of 4 years if you decide you do not want to keep your timeshare it will be liquidated. All this for only $8,795. This will pay for the maintenance fees, attorney and closing fees, etc. This was so ludicrous that I laughed. For this amount I can pay my own maintenance fee ($820 now) for ten years and use or trade the timeshare. I read the complaints on BBB how this company sold these travel vouchers and were not able to fulfill people's requests so I knew this was too good to be true but I did not expect anything like their offer. She said they had been approved for 50 slots to make this offer and 38 spots have been filled. I really hate to think people fell for this. It is the same old line that exit companies have used for years - pay up front.

So is this Premier Resorts, who manages your resort or some other scam outfit pretending to be Premier Resorts? These scammers that offer a vacation package in lieu of your resort, generally at a “dinner”, typically lead one to believe they are affiliated but are really just liars pretending to be.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a scam to me . Ask them to send all the paper work to your attorney. Never pay upfront money.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I think that owners are trying to bailout of Fairfield Harbour. The total maintenance fee for me jumped from $6.03/k to $7.11/k points 2019 to 2020. I tried to give two contracts to Ovations, but was told this resort was not being accepted in the program. Given this, there might be some (scammers) who see this as an opportunity. If an owner wants out of Fairfield Harbour, contact Ovations and ask for the phone number of their recommended reseller. I have lost track of what the phone number is.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Harbour is one of the oldest of the original Fairfield Resorts.
Locate in New Bern, NC. This is a resort for total R & R. There were no major shopping center in the area. However, there are some great seafood restaurants in the area. IMHO.

ChristyK

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened at the follow-up?