• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about S Florida MCVI Resorts...

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we had to late deposit or MGV week because of COVID-19, so now we are looking at other 60-day window options. We have some across several late June weeks at various resorts in South Florida including Oceana Palms, Ocean Point, and Beachplace Towers. I'm curious as to why there are so many weeks available at that time. Is it the FL COVID-19 restrictions? Marriott claims that most of the pools are open (at the very least with social distancing). Or is it just an off peak time in South Florida due to the weather (we've never been that far south in FL in the summer)?

I'm curious, for those who have been, which resort would you recommend and why? We have two daughters (8 and 10) who want pool access and the beach. I like to play golf but it isn't a requirement. Proximity to other activities would be nice as well.

Any thoughts, answers or suggestions would be nice...

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Most of the resorts amenities are unavailable. No restaurant/bar, activities, housekeeping, etc. Also, people are reluctant to travel particularly via air.

As far as the resorts, I would avoid Oceana Palms as the pool is being resurfaced. For your needs, Ocean Pointe is probably best. Beachplace has a smallish pool and the beach is small and often cramped feeling.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we had to late deposit or MGV week because of COVID-19, so now we are looking at other 60-day window options. We have some across several late June weeks at various resorts in South Florida including Oceana Palms, Ocean Point, and Beachplace Towers. I'm curious as to why there are so many weeks available at that time. Is it the FL COVID-19 restrictions? Marriott claims that most of the pools are open (at the very least with social distancing). Or is it just an off peak time in South Florida due to the weather (we've never been that far south in FL in the summer)?

I'm curious, for those who have been, which resort would you recommend and why? We have two daughters (8 and 10) who want pool access and the beach. I like to play golf but it isn't a requirement. Proximity to other activities would be nice as well.

Any thoughts, answers or suggestions would be nice...

Beachplace? Hi rise tower in a city. Lots to do. Walk everywhere. No car really needed.

Ocean Pointe? 25 acres on the water in a neighborhood setting. Lots to do. Need a car.

Oceana Palms? First class construction in two beautiful, quiet 20 story buildings (Sunrise Building on the Beach). Need a car.

I think if I had children aged 8 and 10 then I would select Ocean Pointe for the huge beach, three pools, and large variety of on site activities.

I'm sure others will have opinions for you.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Point all day long. Not much to do at Beach Place for the kiddies other than the public beach across the street. Oceana Palms is too small IMO. Stayed there last year and loved the room, but not a lot of space for activities, etc. Also, I huge condo building was erected next door blocking some sun during parts of the day at the pool. Pools and grills are open. That's enough for me.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
With children I would pick Ocean Pointe. With young adults BeachPlace Towers for sure. My kids in their 20's love it. Oceana Palms is great for adults, first class accommodations but less to do for children .

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are lots of resorts available this year that were never available before, including all Florida resorts and Hilton Head SC... others are cancelling....We are taking advantage of it as Florida retirees who had to cancel our own plans and are now rebooking. We have booked Grande Ocean—Hilton Head, Lakeshore Reserve —Orlando and Oceana Palms over the next couple of months, resorts that would never have been available in the summer season...

Another vote for Ocean Pointe with young children and preteens. Love the resort, but you must have a car. Ask for a building by the main pool, Sailfish or Dolphin. Go to the Turtle sanctuary in Jupiter, great for kids of all ages. Go to Johnny Longboats one night and enjoy buckets drinks and good seafood to a local band....

We own at BeachPlace, but we also go frequently to Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palms. I would not choose BeachPlace unless kids were at least teenaged, lots of walkable nightlife for older kids and parents alike! You have to cross the street for the beach though, and the beach is small... Oceana Palms is wonderful for adults or teens and up, they have a nice beach, but you must have a car as already pointed out.

At the end of the day— Wherever you go you will enjoy....We like them all for different reasons...