• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Frenchman Cove

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel our annual June trip to Aruba :cry:. Was hoping we could go late July but 2 out of our big group need their passports renewed. They applied in March but I have heard that it takes MONTHS to get them back. So had to make plan B. Maybe I live in denial but truly hoping we can travel late July. Our plan B is Frenchman Cove since no passports required. I was able to get 4 units so we are cautiously excited we get to go.

I got one 3bedroom, the rest are 2 bedrooms. Hoping I can get all the units close to each other. Recommendations which building?
I would love any recommendations .... car rental company? Excursions? Would love to do a snorkeling trip, sunset cruise and visit St Johns. Any restaurant recommendations? Grocery store nearby? Any other tips?

Last edited:

Kim R

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the St John building. It’s two elevators to the pool, but the views are fabulous. We will be there in early September and can’t wait.
I think we rented with Hertz in the past. We have always taken the car ferry to St John from Red Hook. Check to make sure your car rental company allows you to take your car to St John. It’s easy to cover the entire island in a day in your car, stopping at the gorgeous beaches along the way.
Snorkeling is good right in front of the resort. Do a search - I have found beautiful photos made by others in the water by the resort.
We have shopped at most of the grocery stores but really like the warehouse club type store PriceSmart. Typically when shopping on islands, food is expensive. If you have a direct flight, I recommend freezing meat to take with you. Also bring snacks from the US if you want to keep your food costs down.
We enjoyed a ferry boat trip to Virgin Gorda the last time we were there. search this forum - I planned it using advice I read here.

SonAntemOwner

Reaction score
I love USVI - IMO much more interesting than Aruba.
I do not think a rental car is needed - also driving in the left side of the road which for some can be a bit more difficult.
Easy to take the a Ferry to Saint John - many options for excursions. Don’t forget Saint Croix also part of USVI. Take the Seaplane to Fredriksted (or ferry).
Old Danish territory with a lot of history

For you inspiration a video tour with the Seaplane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
We loved Frenchman's Cove but we truthfully spent more time at the Hotel than the Timeshare. They had a beach bar and the most incredible Pool on a cliff at the Hotel. I believe we rented at Hertz and we did take the car over to Saint John. You can rent beach chairs at the hotel. Saint John was gorgeous. I can't remember any of the restaurant names because I was only there once about 5 years ago. I do remember that we froze lobster meat and brought it in a insulated bag in our luggage. It was still frozen when we got there. We had planned to go when the hurricane hit and had to cancel, but the one thing I had planned that time was an island hopping charter boat excursion. Unfortunately, that trip never happened, nor did Aruba this year for my daughters graduation. I will get there someday and I will get that Island hopping charter!! Have fun. They also had an evening lighted Kayak trip , that folks said was very cool. I believe that was at the hotel.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Hello! I love St. Thomas too. Hoping they reopen to tourists soon.
I prefer to rent a car bc with anymore then 2 people it is worth it. Cabs are per person. I rented a Jeep from L&L Jeep and they were wonderful but Paradise cars has better prices. These companies allow you to take their car to St. John on the ferry and they meet you at the airport- no waiting in line for a car.. I have heard horror stories of big name companies like Avis not having a car on arrival.

If you search the group you will find many restaurant recommendations just note that anything before 2017 hurricanes might not be open now. We loved Tap &Still for burgers and beer, Pesce for Italian, Mims for seafood was okay. i have heard Virgilios is very good. Right now restaurants are only doing take out idk when that will open up or which places will survive.
There are lots of grocery stores on island. It is 100% worth bringing a suitcase with food from home including frozen meat. I don’t like to cook that much on vacation but St. Thomas food is $$$$$
There are lots of charter companies to do day trips to St. John or to the British Virgin Islands. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
We loved Frenchman's Cove but we truthfully spent more time at the Hotel than the Timeshare. They had a beach bar and the most incredible Pool on a cliff at the Hotel. I believe we rented at Hertz and we did take the car over to Saint John. You can rent beach chairs at the hotel. Saint John was gorgeous. I can't remember any of the restaurant names because I was only there once about 5 years ago. I do remember that we froze lobster meat and brought it in a insulated bag in our luggage. It was still frozen when we got there. We had planned to go when the hurricane hit and had to cancel, but the one thing I had planned that time was an island hopping charter boat excursion. Unfortunately, that trip never happened, nor did Aruba this year for my daughters graduation. I will get there someday and I will get that Island hopping charter!! Have fun. They also had an evening lighted Kayak trip , that folks said was very cool. I believe that was at the hotel.

The hotel has not yet reopened. Frenchman’s cove does still offer the night kayak excursion. They also have a catamaran trip from the resort to see sea turtles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedHook

Reaction score
I had to cancel our annual June trip to Aruba :cry:. Was hoping we could go late July but 2 out of our big group need their passports renewed. They applied in March but I have heard that it takes MONTHS to get them back. So had to make plan B. Maybe I live in denial but truly hoping we can travel late July. Our plan B is Frenchman Cove since no passports required. I was able to get 4 units so we are cautiously excited we get to go.

I got one 3bedroom, the rest are 2 bedrooms. Hoping I can get all the units close to each other. Recommendations which building?
I would love any recommendations .... car rental company? Excursions? Would love to do a snorkeling trip, sunset cruise and visit St Johns. Any restaurant recommendations? Grocery store nearby? Any other tips?

STT owner. We ask for the Tortola building every year. You have your own little parking lot and the view is incredible.

St. John is a must. And don't call it "St. Johns" with an 's' while you're there ;).

My recommendation is to rent a car (Jeeps are fun). We hardly ever stay at the resort for the day, and cab rides add up in a hurry, as others have said.

For snorkeling, try Coki Beach, Lindquist (Smith Bay) and Secret Harbour on St. Thomas and Maho Bay on St. John. If your group is capable of making a long walk, Waterlemon Cay on St. John is incredible. Skip the touristy spots like Magens Bay on STT and Trunk Bay on STJ. If you can grab one of the two parking spots, Oppenheimer Beach on STJ is worth a stop.

At least twice during every trip we hit up Pizza Amore in Havensight, just a short 3-minute drive from the Cove.

Before you go, check the cruise line schedules, if they are operating. You want to avoid the popular spots on those days.

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
my trip was April 12th and got canceled. I was so looking forward to it since I have not been there since 2011.
I saw availability in fall, but I am hoping the kids will start school and can't take him off from school just as he starts again.