• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Trading Power Boost

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It's that time of year again, I just requested mine. They have a new email for requesting this year - tradeboost@massresort.com. Details should be in the Spring newsletter.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is this boost for paying 2020 or 2021 in advance?
2021. You have also had to have paid your 2020 even if it isn't due until July 1, 2020.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's that time of year again, I just requested mine. They have a new email for requesting this year - tradeboost@massresort.com. Details should be in the Spring newsletter.
Let us know how much you got and when the expiration is. Since my rentals are practically non existent and I recently refunded $3000 from a Harborside rental, I am not sure if I have the money to prepay this year expecially for the ones not due until July 1 2021.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
20 TPUs; don't know the expiration date yet and probably won't for a week or two, but the last time they were from December deposits and good for about 19 months from when I got them. If it works out the same as last year, it should be December 2021 for these.

Update: Just got the RCI deposit verification for this - expiration is July 31, 2020.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The big difference I see in the "boost" program this year based on the newsletter article is they are not saying anything about allowing owners that pay early to also be eligible to buy additional boosts at $15 per TPU.

1589851210435.png

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The big difference I see in the "boost" program this year based on the newsletter article is they are not saying anything about allowing owners that pay early to also be eligible to buy additional boosts at $15 per TPU.

View attachment 20927

That’s right; they said that specifically in the acknowledgement email I got. Not enough excess spacebanked weeks for them to offer that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The expiration date for my trading power boost wound up being this year, 7/31/2020. Guess I'll need to combine it with the ones I had left from last year as I'm unlikely to use it by then.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I prepaid for 2021, emailed them Monday night, and got back an email today that I will be getting a 19 TPU deposit. Will find out when it is deposited what the expiration date is.

I only own points properties (1 at Massanutten), so I will see what the utility of this program is to me going forward if I can't buy TPUs. Using these to trade into VV properties for a week at the internal exchange rate is nice. I wish that that when it came to RCI and VV, that all the advantages of a weeks account were available in a points account. The internal exchange rate for a 1 week exchange is nice. Yes, RCI points comes with some early booking options ... but who needs to book a week at Massanutten early?

Let us know how much you got and when the expiration is. Since my rentals are practically non existent and I recently refunded $3000 from a Harborside rental, I am not sure if I have the money to prepay this year expecially for the ones not due until July 1 2021.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I prepaid for 2021, emailed them Monday night, and got back an email today that I will be getting a 19 TPU deposit. Will find out when it is deposited what the expiration date is.

I only own points properties (1 at Massanutten), so I will see what the utility of this program is to me going forward if I can't buy TPUs. Using these to trade into VV properties for a week at the internal exchange rate is nice. I wish that that when it came to RCI and VV, that all the advantages of a weeks account were available in a points account. The internal exchange rate for a 1 week exchange is nice. Yes, RCI points comes with some early booking options ... but who needs to book a week at Massanutten early?
It should be easy to exchange back into Massanutten with 19 and then $159 plus the owner per bedroom resort fee still ends up at less than $240ish for a prime week which isn't bad. Places like VV at Parkway and grandview should also be easy. Right now prime Williamsburg at the Colonies seem a little high but shoulder season should be easy and $159 plus the $25(I think) resort fee is a good value. You may even get 2 weeks out of 19 at the affiliates.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It should be easy to exchange back into Massanutten with 19 and then $159 plus the owner per bedroom resort fee still ends up at less than $240ish for a prime week which isn't bad. Places like VV at Parkway and grandview should also be easy. Right now prime Williamsburg at the Colonies seem a little high but shoulder season should be easy and $159 plus the $25(I think) resort fee is a good value. You may even get 2 weeks out of 19 at the affiliates.

Fair, enough. I usually book the exact weeks I want with 7 or less TPUs. I am planning around a work schedule and school schedule at this point in life. Usually, I book the week I want and make use of if for a three to four day weekend. On net, that saves money and points over using my RCI points account. If I could buy TPUs like I did last year, it is worth doing and paying a combine fee (combine them and buying time). The way it is going at this point, I will probably use it if it works out, but if it comes with just a month or two of shelf life ... I will be ahead using my points account or buying an RCI discounted week versus paying a combine fee. I bought like 60 TPUs last year and combined with my free one. Used a chunk of that for my vacation travel and (maybe, depending on how C-19 works out) 1/2 (2BR) of my prime Massanutten week is rented out for more than 1/2 of my annual MFs. I fully realize the bonus week system is not an entitlement that comes with ownership, but I enjoyed riding it last year.

In retirement I could see spending a full week or two at Massanutten every year. At this point in life, living in the DC area, it is mostly a long weekend place for us to stay and ownership presents a decent value in RCI points. A week off is a huge deal to us at this point in life, and there are other locations we prefer when we get one.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Soooo mad I didn't realize we'd gotten the deed in our name earlier. I'm gonna get six points by the time I get everything sorted out, and you can't buy stubs to combine it with anymore.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I paid mine on Friday 5/22/20 and will be receiving 18 for each.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid mine on Friday June 5th. Today I received 17 points that expire at the end of August. Can these points be used for PFD?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I paid mine on Friday June 5th. Today I received 17 points that expire at the end of August. Can these points be used for PFD?
probably not. Ones associated with Woodstone for sure not because it is an rci points resort. Now that I think about it PFD has to be done a few months before check in. If the points expire at the end of August 2020 or even 2021 then the check in date was in 2018 or 2019.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just by chance happened to answer a telemarketing call that I could not tell from caller ID was from RCI.

They said I had a deposit expiring soon (the boost I received from Massanutten) and asked if I wanted to take them up on a one time offer to combine my deposits for $99. I said I would if it could go to August of 2021 (one year from when my boost is set to expire in August), and they said yes. That didn't work out bad.