• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vistana deed back validity

aparker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills
i was in process with a timeshare exit team when i called Vistana to see if they would actually do a deed back
they said they would but the timeshare exit team said that they would put you in a que and then later tell you
sorry we cant do the deed back, is it valid or is it a scam, or has anyone actually done it?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was in process with a timeshare exit team when i called Vistana to see if they would actually do a deed back
they said they would but the timeshare exit team said that they would put you in a que and then later tell you
sorry we cant do the deed back, is it valid or is it a scam, or has anyone actually done it?
Do you trust more Vistana or the timeshare exit team?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
last month I emailed Vistana to see if they would accept my deedback. I emailed resale.operations@vacationclub.com as listed on the Vistana website. https://www.vistana.com/exit
I included details with my name, property, contract #, week, etc.
I was surprised that I received an email back from them the next day. It was a detailed email saying the accepted my deedback and would send a packet of info for me to sign within 60 days. I just received that Fedex packet yesterday.

I highly suggest you contact resale.operations@vacationclub.com directly.

aparker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills
Do you trust more Vistana or the timeshare exit team?
i was just looking for someone who has actually done it, the timeshare exit team has their fee to gain, the timeshare has another year of maintenance fees to gain.
both have real hefty dogs in the fight. Ijust figured that someone had already tested the waters so i did not have to drown.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare exit team is out to make money and will tell you to go with him instead of doing a straightforward deedback to Vistana. Who do you trust?

Lots of people have done the deedback. There is a thread on Vistana. Why do you want to give money away to the a third-party company? If Vistana does not take your deed back, going through a timeshare exit team won't be successful either. You end up be scammed of your money and you are left holding the timeshare.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was just looking for someone who has actually done it, the timeshare exit team has their fee to gain, the timeshare has another year of maintenance fees to gain.
both have real hefty dogs in the fight. Ijust figured that someone had already tested the waters so i did not have to drown.
Vistana wants to sell your timeshare for a lot more in the future while taking the risk to pay for the maintenance fees until that transaction takes place. The timeshare exit company just wants your money upfront. Vistana is also a public company (actually Marriott Vacations Worldwide), it would not knowingly make any statements that are not true. The timeshare exit company on the other hand is a private corporation (nothing wrong with that), it may not have to be as careful with any statement.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

Definitely scam. I haven't heard of any 'timeshare exit' businesses that actually save you money. Just search for the MANY BBB complaints and lawsuits. You will find more than you will find against the timeshare groups themselves.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you own Westin Mission Hills and it is paid off and up to date on MF's they should accept a deedback. They are not excepting properties outside of the 50 US states. They will not do a deedback if you owe.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I owned at Westin Mission Hills, and they took it back in January by ROFR when I tried to give it away. That tells me that they're probably accepting deed-backs for it as well.

Contact Vistana. You have nothing to lose by going to them, vs. throwing lots of $$$ away to a scam outfit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Of course, the ability to do deedbacks now is in question. Given the halt in new sales, will they be willing to take back additional deeds? I still certainly suggest calling them and even if they can't take the deed back, don't give TET a dime of your money. Ramsey may push them hard on his radio show, but they are a waste of money. You have a better chance giving the week away for free.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
last month I emailed Vistana to see if they would accept my deedback. I emailed resale.operations@vacationclub.com as listed on the Vistana website. https://www.vistana.com/exit
I included details with my name, property, contract #, week, etc.
I was surprised that I received an email back from them the next day. It was a detailed email saying the accepted my deedback and would send a packet of info for me to sign within 60 days. I just received that Fedex packet yesterday.

I highly suggest you contact resale.operations@vacationclub.com directly.
What are you trying to deedback?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I am in the process for a Westin. It’s a legit program.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
The Timeshare Exit teams don't even stop at just scamming owners. My wife applied for a job as Office Manager at one of them and when she got to the interview she was confused as to why they were asking her about working shifts and making phone calls. Basically a bait and switch to a 'cold' caller position. Avoid them.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I would think you can give that away?
yep, but I don't need the hassle. the deedback process so far is super simple for me. they sent me a nice clean paperwork packet with a return fedex label. almost nothing for me to do but sign.

aparker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills
yep, but I don't need the hassle. the deedback process so far is super simple for me. they sent me a nice clean paperwork packet with a return fedex label. almost nothing for me to do but sign.
How long is the process?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I emailed them, they sent an acceptance email the next day and the feedback paperwork 30 days later. We signed it, notarized it and sent it back. So I’m hoping it is effective in the next 30 days.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
I did a deed back a few years ago after the crash directly with Vistana, it was quick and easy and no problems. I would deal with Vistana instead of another company. Mine was paid in full.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
They want deeds to go into the Flex programs so they can sell more points. They can’t sell what they don’t have.

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deeded back Westin Desert Willow in California in 2019. Total process took about 4 months, but very easy on my end. My yearly fees had just been paid at the beginning of the year, and nothing was owed. Only cost on my end to deedback was the cost of notary for the paperwork.

47vampire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
I have copied what I was sent(below). I have been in the process of trying to sell or give these away for several years. Just had too much time due to our age, family deaths,etc. I had called to ask a couple of questions related to my retention of points that were banked on units that I might sell and the person listed below got off the phone, checked my 3 units and came back with the following deedback offer which I accepted. I kept one of my 3 units but was able to give them a Fl. unit that had a deceased person on it that has been an expensive nightmare trying to deal with will probating in Fl. Luckily I had not spent money on it yet.

At this time, MVW is offering an opportunity for you to relinquish your ownership, a direct deed back, at no cost to you. While this transaction will not result in any financial proceeds, it is a quick way to exit the program and eliminate your ongoing annual maintenance fee commitment. The anticipated time to complete the ownership transfer is 90 days.

The first-year occupancy to MVW will be 2021; therefore, you will retain any remaining usage balance for prior years and you will be responsible for the maintenance fees associated with those use years.* Any usage option or reservation you have made for 2021 will be cancelled. Should you subsequently terminate the repurchase transaction, we cannot guarantee the reinstatement of any 2021 reservation or usage option that may have been previously confirmed for you.

The offer to deed back your ownership is valid for the next 7 business days and is subject to change at any time with or without notice. To initiate your deed back acceptance, respond to this email and provide the following information:

Name and Year of Birth for each person on Title:

Physical Mailing Address:

Phone Number:

Email Address:

*Any outstanding maintenance fees, taxes or loans will need to be paid prior to initiating the deed back process.

MVW

Samantha Ramirez

Resale Manager

Resale Operations

T
866-682-4547

6649 Westwood Blvd

Orlando, FL 32821