• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s you favourite picture of a delicious meal you had while travelling?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Awww. Memories.

They sustain me while I await another travel adventure. Especially now.

It’s wonderful to thumb through the pictures I took when on different travel treks.

My partner would always take a picture of a restaurant meal just in case the meal was memorable. If not, delete. If so, keep.

So, here’s a picture of one of my memorable meals. This one is from Barcelona, Spain. It’s called Payaya (maybe not spelled right). It’s a nice dish of rice and seafood. This one was delicious. The place overlooked the Mediterranean Sea. Beautiful!

c570d44be439f1201c45d5bdba232654.jpg

Here’s another one. I love Puerto Vallarta and man do they have great restaurants! This one was a simple meal (tostitos) but boy was it good! My favourite restaurant is in Pittital. It’s like a district within PV. This place is about three blocks north of the main church in Pittital. You can leave a message on the wall there. Cool, because when you return, you can bring back great memories.

35a5b4bf87d4024e092ad2daa33916be.jpg

So, do you have any wonderful, memorable pictures of great meals you had while travelling? Do you have a story to share about the meal, where the place was and why it’s memorable for you?

Even if you don’t have a picture, do you have a memorable meal you had while travelling? What was it, where was it and why was it memorable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww. Memories.

They sustain me while I await another travel adventure. Especially now.

It’s wonderful to thumb through the pictures I took when on different travel treks.

My partner would always take a picture of a restaurant meal just in case the meal was memorable. If not, delete. If so, keep.

So, here’s a picture of one of my memorable meals. This one is from Barcelona, Spain. It’s called Payaya (maybe not spelled right). It’s a nice dish of rice and seafood. This one was delicious. The place overlooked the Mediterranean Sea. Beautiful!

c570d44be439f1201c45d5bdba232654.jpg

I make paella at home. :) We are not picture takers so nothing to share.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I make paella at home. :) We are not picture takers so nothing to share.

That’s ok.
Even if you don’t have a picture, can you describe a memorable meal while travelling? Where was it and why was it memorable for you?

Thank you for the correct spelling.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s ok.
Even if you don’t have a picture, can you describe a memorable meal while travelling? Where was it and why was it memorable for you?

Thank you for the correct spelling.

My favorite has to be grilled seafood kabob for lunch at the suite restaurant, Luminae, on Celebrity Cruises. Whenever we stayed in a suite, we would look forward to when they had it on the menu. Celebrity rotates their menu so if you are on a 12 or 14-night cruise in a suite, you will get that item show up twice on the menu. They serve it with a bit of rice. It was always fresh, delicious and light.

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Breakfast from the Cinnamon Roll Place in Kihei, Maui.

62 Breakfast from Cinnamon Roll Fair.JPG

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've been taking pictures of meals out on vacation for awhile. I really don't have a favorite, there are just too many good ones.

Here is a recent one at Gannon's on Maui.

1586712064267.png

And Hula Pie at Kimo's.

1586712127313.png

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple. Maybe already posted. I don't remember.
1586712028230.png

Kobe beef. . .IN Kobe Japan.
And I've posted this one before, but it was a whole red snapper 'zarandeado' (whole- butterflied) over oak at a cooking class we enjoyed in Puerto Vallarta:
1586712461896.png

There may be more if I feel like digging them out.

Jim

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Those all look yummy! I have never taken a photo of food when at a restaurant. We tend to eat at the mom & pop places and just ready to eat when it comes.

I did take a picture of an Italian Cream Cake that I made for my brother. It was his request or Christmas a few years ago. Now I make it for him every year. He takes it to his house in Palm Springs and shares it with friends. They all want to know if he got "teh cake" for Christmas.

1586712789658.jpeg

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

View attachment 18978

Delicious!

I remember one time when I was in Miami we went to a fair where the Amish were serving amazing cinnamon buns! I remember waiting 2 hours in line to get 6 of them. They were worth the wait!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

View attachment 18978
We walk by there every morning on our way to get coffee at the little place next to Cafe O Lei. They vent the smell of the cinnamon rolls out into the parking lot. So not nice, lol.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh yeah,

Let’s not forget the wonderful buffets in Vegas!

This one is from Paris, Las Vegas.

Wherever I go to Vegas I bring stretch pants because some of the Buffets require stretchability.

602b739617bb30a5fa59a0de0c865b7b.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We had an awesome Paella in Florida but I looked and no picture. It was awesome.

This was one of my favorite fish dinners. Fresh Opakapaka at Hiro’s on Molokai. Super awesome.

2C37D1C8-FE8B-4CD1-A316-DC96FB90D81B.jpeg

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love sushi after a day of hard day on the ski slopes! This was in Breckenridge over President's day weekend where they have a great restaurant scene. Breckenridge used to be owned by a Japanese corporation before it was sold to Vail, so the town knows their sushi!

20170221_190537.jpg

20170221_190519.jpg

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Rome. Little tiny out of the way place recommended by a taxi driver. Perfecto!
847EB17B-2157-4BE0-A7D6-D2C373659BC0.jpeg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We've eaten hula pie at all the Duke's in Hawaii, and at the Hula Grill.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We've eaten Hula Pie at Kimo's as I posted earlier. :)

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple. Maybe already posted. I don't remember.
View attachment 18976
Kobe beef. . .IN Kobe Japan.
And I've posted this one before, but it was a whole red snapper 'zarandeado' (whole- butterflied) over oak at a cooking class we enjoyed in Puerto Vallarta:
View attachment 18984
There may be more if I feel like digging them out.

Jim
Wow - have never seen a fish prepared in that manner.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another favorite re-run. This is in a food court in a food mall near Mt. Fuji in Japan (there really are such things. We were told about a local specialty. Bonito- a small tuna type fish wrapped with rice straw. Then the straw is ignited searing the outside and infusing a smoky flavor. It's served simply in a boat with salad and dips. I brought the cute chick with me.
1587093201887.png

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
My very favorite may have been at a restaurant in of all places El Calafate in southern Argentina when we were visiting the glaciers there, though I don't have the photo stored on my tablet here.

Here are a couple of others though. First, at the Worldmark's in house restaurant in Bavaria in 2021, a very creative vegetarian dish with a fried ball filled with various veggie stuffings, plus other vegetables in a great veggie broth, and some potato based sticks in the other plate:

vegred.jpg

Then there's this regular that I often grab for brunch on our way out of Lake Tahoe trips, at Frescana's in Meyers - a massive Chilaquiles dish on the triangular plate. Usually enough for a good left over the next day at home too:

chilared.jpg