• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cold call from Dream Suites International

timetofly

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has dealt with this company or received similar calls. I was searching vacation deals in Cabo a few days ago and today I received a cold call for a TS sales offer to tour an all-inclusive resort for 2 adults/2 kids in Mexico for first $1,399 then $899 with a room upgrade on a free cruise certificate. I hung up before I heard their final offer. They offered a free cruise as well but not until after the initial stay w/TS presentation. I can tolerate sitting through another TS presentation in exchange for a 5-night all-inclusive stay in Mexico, but not at $899 and I am uncomfortable with the cold call part of it. I assume the cruise certificate is either fake or based on very restrictive availability. This is the website they directed me to online < https://www.dreamsuitesinternational.com/ >. I did not see any info about the company otherwise.

Where do TUG users find good deals on all-inclusive resorts? RCI has some for low TPU points but they all charge too much for the all-inclusive fee.

rpennisi

Reaction score
For us, there are so many good local restaurants that it makes all inclusive way overpriced at most resorts in Cabo (if you are not way out in the corridor).

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Their website’s paint is still wet. It was created only 46 days ago.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Their website’s paint is still wet. It was created only 46 days ago.

Hi RX8 ,
Good info - and recent websites creation & a cold call is always a red flag caution warning .

I have no specific knowledge of Dream Suites International .
and / or any company with a promo - requiring a TS presentation .

I would be cautious - but assume they could be legit since it is likely that the big revenue stream is
from the TS industry looking for leads .

Personally - we are beyond that point in life experience ; where the potential of staying in an aging 2 star
timeshare resort with adequately generic All Inclusive fare is of interest .
but - hey ; many of us have done a version of that at some point in our lives / and enjoyed it .

Overview -

There are some prior TUG threads about RCI cruise partners cold calling to offer promo’s.
International Cruise & Excursions ( ICE ) is a legitimate company and was (until late 2019): - the cruise
partner of RCI . ICE has used many brand names to promote promotional cruises .

There are TUG posts from members who used these cruise and a week in a TS and found them good value .
One version gave a week at the Riviera Maya for something like $299 . The resort was Vidanta’s Mayan Palace brand .( Vidanta RM has a lot of Mayan Palace brand buildings / that have lots of shoulder season availability) and ICE has an extensive relationship with Vidanta .

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Hi RX8 ,
Good info - and recent websites creation & a cold call is always a red flag caution warning .

I have no specific knowledge of Dream Suites International .
and / or any company with a promo - requiring a TS presentation .

I would be cautious - but assume they could be legit since it is likely that the big revenue stream is
from the TS industry looking for leads .

Personally - we are beyond that point in life experience ; where the potential of staying in an aging 2 star
timeshare resort with adequately generic All Inclusive fare is of interest .
but - hey ; many of us have done a version of that at some point in our lives / and enjoyed it .

Overview -

There are some prior TUG threads about RCI cruise partners cold calling to offer promo’s.
International Cruise & Excursions ( ICE ) is a legitimate company and was (until late 2019): - the cruise
partner of RCI . ICE has used many brand names to promote promotional cruises .

There are TUG posts from members who used these cruise and a week in a TS and found them good value .
One version gave a week at the Riviera Maya for something like $299 . The resort was Vidanta’s Mayan Palace brand .( Vidanta RM has a lot of Mayan Palace brand buildings / that have lots of shoulder season availability) and ICE has an extensive relationship with Vidanta .

Looking at their website, I do not think that they are affiliated with any specific timeshare but rather are a for profit entity that “partners” with timeshare companies to help drive TS presentations.

From their website - “Dream Suites International is constantly searching for Resort/Hotels Partners to provide travelers with a variety of glorious travel destinations at wholesale prices.

They also have a pretty bold statement for being in business for less than two months - “Dream Suites International is the foremost provider of Promotional Vacations Packages”.

I agree that one should be cautious, especially if this company is not in any way connected to the timeshare developer. The cold calls and no past history to rely on means one should do their due diligence before giving them any money (such as calling the resort directly to ask if they do business with this company). Otherwise, worst case they they show up at the resort only to find out they do not have a room reserved. One positive is that they accept credit cards giving one some protection if they fail to fulfill their end of the bargain.

Last edited:

timetofly

TUG Member
Reaction score
The manager claimed they were in business for 20 years. He said I had a 30-day window for requesting a refund with VISA/MC and a 60-day window with Amex. However, I would have to book travel 45 days or longer out. I asked about what specific resorts did they have available in Cabo for late June / early July and he did not list resorts or guarantee availability. At $899 it seemed close enough to a real price w/TS presentation that I was thinking about it. It just didn't feel right.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
At $899 it seemed close enough to a real price w/TS presentation that I was thinking about it. It just didn't feel right.
Glad you listened to your gut feelings and didn't lose your money.

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has dealt with this company or received similar calls. I was searching vacation deals in Cabo a few days ago and today I received a cold call for a TS sales offer to tour an all-inclusive resort for 2 adults/2 kids in Mexico for first $1,399 then $899 with a room upgrade on a free cruise certificate. I hung up before I heard their final offer. They offered a free cruise as well but not until after the initial stay w/TS presentation. I can tolerate sitting through another TS presentation in exchange for a 5-night all-inclusive stay in Mexico, but not at $899 and I am uncomfortable with the cold call part of it. I assume the cruise certificate is either fake or based on very restrictive availability. This is the website they directed me to online < https://www.dreamsuitesinternational.com/ >. I did not see any info about the company otherwise.

Where do TUG users find good deals on all-inclusive resorts? RCI has some for low TPU points but they all charge too much for the all-inclusive fee.

Yes, I have received calls from them as well and am currently tracking them. I am going after them for TCPA violations, but since they are out of Mexico, I need to find out the company who they are associated with in doing the timeshare presentations. I see they are involved with Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, but I am limited in the info I have now. If anyone has accepted an offer from them and knows the actual name of the timeshare company, please post. It would be much appreciated.

FallinNCalln

Reaction score
Hello, I had a question regarding cold call firms like this. I know this thread is a little old but thought it was more appropriate than starting a new thread since it is related.

This company constantly rotates names and websites making them super sketchy (outside of the TCPA violations). I have sat through their pitch but one thing stood out as really sketchy. Is it common for places looking to pitch a timeshare presentation ask for a copy of your drivers license and credit card? This sounded crazy to me but I am also not as familiar with timeshares so I wanted to consult a far more experienced audience.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Hello, I had a question regarding cold call firms like this. I know this thread is a little old but thought it was more appropriate than starting a new thread since it is related.

This company constantly rotates names and websites making them super sketchy (outside of the TCPA violations). I have sat through their pitch but one thing stood out as really sketchy. Is it common for places looking to pitch a timeshare presentation ask for a copy of your drivers license and credit card? This sounded crazy to me but I am also not as familiar with timeshares so I wanted to consult a far more experienced audience.

No, it is not common. It isn't recommended to give anyone who contacts you with a cold call copies of anything, let alone your CC and DL, That can only lead to trouble.

FallinNCalln

Reaction score
No, it is not common. It isn't recommended to give anyone who contacts you with a cold call copies of anything, let alone your CC and DL, That can only lead to trouble.

Absolutely. Thank you for your reply. I thought it sounded really suspect but figured I would ask the experts here.
I found many cases in my searching that indicated people gave them everything they asked which is disappointing.

Reactions: RX8