• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What time to visit Yosemite

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I have never been before but dont want to fight summer crowds so I am thinking early May?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Late May would be better. The waterfalls improve as the snow melts. Make your reservations early. It’s absolutely beautiful there — except for the crowds.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Early May is a nice time although we have had some rain that time of year. It was just a day or two so we hung out at the Ahwahnee when we needed to dry out. I admit it - it cost us a pretty penny because we hung out in the bar, lol. It's also when the dogwoods bloom and is beautiful. Fall is nice too, just dry so if you need waterfalls you need to be there before August. I'm at work now and can't spend much time here but I'll circle back and answer any other questions.

queenofthehive

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have always gone in late May. The snow melt from the mountains makes for full waterfalls. Absolutely lovely time to go but just remember that this time is like their Christmas so it is very crowded in the valley. The crowds are manageable. Get there early each day and have a plan. Bring your food so you do not have to wait at restaurants etc.. plenty of beautiful spots for a picnic. Yosemite is my heaven on earth. ;)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I have never been before but dont want to fight summer crowds so I am thinking early May?
Now I have some time. What do you want to do on your trip? Do you want to hike? Camp? How long of a stay are you planning? Are you thinking of staying at WM Bass lake by chance? If you aren't planning on doing a lot of hiking, then it opens up your options for visiting. One of my favorite times to visit is April but most of the time we have had snow flurries and one year it only warmed up to the mid 40's during the day, so it isn't quite as comfortable of a visit.

Anyway here are some more Yosemite threads:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
light hiking, want to stay in a timeshare, just my wife and I wanting to see some beautiful nature. Will eat breakfast in unit, pack a lunch and probably eat out for dinner.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
light hiking, want to stay in a timeshare, just my wife and I wanting to see some beautiful nature. Will eat breakfast in unit, pack a lunch and probably eat out for dinner.

The closest timeshares to Yosemite are a ways outside of the park (and don't look at distances; look at driving time with traffic); I wouldn't stay there. I would rent something in the park, preferably in the valley even if just for a couple of nights, and enjoy early morning and evening walks and waterfalls when Others are not there.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
The closest timeshares to Yosemite are a ways outside of the park (and don't look at distances; look at driving time with traffic); I wouldn't stay there. I would rent something in the park, preferably in the valley even if just for a couple of nights, and enjoy early morning and evening walks and waterfalls when Others are not there.
Agree, timeshares are not the way to experience yosemite. Stay in the park at the yosemite lodge or splurge at the ahwahnee.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok will go for the lodge

So tell me about bass lake ? Angels camp , lake june timeshares ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

queenofthehive

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my quick review from 2018-
Our stay was at Bass Lake last week and I wanted to share our unit number as we had a nice view of the lake from our patio. We stayed in unit 21. It is a unit at the very end of the resort. At check in, I asked the clerk if there was a unit with a nice view available that she could recommend and we got this one. So it doesn’t hurt to ask. ;). There was a nice walking path near us to a beach area on the lake. Very nice unit as the entire unit was recently remodeled since we stayed here 2 years ago. All new furniture, flooring, countertops etc.. Unit was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. We did venture out to eat a couple times and had dinner at The Forks and Millers both are on the lake. Good food (burgers and such) and reasonable prices. The drive to Yosemite is only 30 minutes to the entrance but about 45/60 minutes to the valley floor or Glacier Point. Avoid weekends and get to the park by 9:30 to find decent parking. We had a terrific visit and this is a very nice place to stay.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I was there for 5 days in mid May last year and except for the last half day there were winter storms. Heavy rain in the valley off and on, even a little sleet and snow but no accumulation in the valley. And they closed Glacier Point road the day I arrived. It stayed closed for more than a week. Part of the time chains were required on the road from the south entrance into the valley (an issue if staying at Bass Lake). So I guess you have to be prepared for anything. That said, the waterfalls were amazing because last year was a heavy snowfall year. And I did get some cool photos. I just didn't get to do the hiking I had planned. And despite the weather it was still crowded. It will only get more crowded from this point through the end of summer. Doesn't matter, I'm going back again this year, just a couple of weeks later.