• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owners update at Elara

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So my daughter and I are currently staying at Elara.

We or I was offered an update (no surprise) and in return we would get free tix for a show and dinner.

First, do you really get free tix and a dinner or do you need to pay anything yourself? - sales team says I don’t need to pay but I prefer to ask here instead for a straight up answer :) since my daughter really wants to see a particular show I’m sort of doing it for her and my wallet :cool:

Secondly, since I own together with my girlfriend and she is not here, and I have inform them about that, why would they invite me for an update anyway? - I mean should I want to upgrade I can’t since my girlfriend is not here.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
So my daughter and I are currently staying at Elara.

We or I was offered an update (no surprise) and in return we would get free tix for a show and dinner.

First, do you really get free tix and a dinner or do you need to pay anything yourself? - sales team says I don’t need to pay but I prefer to ask here instead for a straight up answer :) since my daughter really wants to see a particular show I’m sort of doing it for her and my wallet :cool:

Secondly, since I own together with my girlfriend and she is not here, and I have inform them about that, why would they invite me for an update anyway? - I mean should I want to upgrade I can’t since my girlfriend is not here.

They don't care about girlfriends/boyfriends; they only care about legal spouses. Legal spouses who are not present are an inconvenience for timeshare salespeople: potential customers may say they cannot make decisions without them, spouses' signatures are necessary in some situations (financing, etc.), and probably other reasons.

Long-term partners don't create the same legal issues and the salesperson will tell you not to purchase with them anyway (which is usually good advice).

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't care about girlfriends/boyfriends; they only care about legal spouses. Legal spouses who are not present are an inconvenience for timeshare salespeople: potential customers may say they cannot make decisions without them, spouses' signatures are necessary in some situations (financing, etc.), and probably other reasons.

Long-term partners don't create the same legal issues and the salesperson will tell you not to purchase with them anyway (which is usually good advice).
Thanks but since she and I are the owners of the membership/deeds my signature alone is no good that’s why she is required.

you don’t need to be married to be owners :)

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
As for your tickets, yes, you will get the tickets as promised. And you do not have to pay. You will however have to go to the ticket booth to turn in your voucher and get the tickets. You should do this ASAP to get the best seat, depending on which show you are going to see.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for your tickets, yes, you will get the tickets as promised. And you do not have to pay. You will however have to go to the ticket booth to turn in your voucher and get the tickets. You should do this ASAP to get the best seat, depending on which show you are going to see.

thanks.

that’s the challenge because since we are leaving Saturday it have to be Friday as we have other arrangements Thursday.

regards.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thanks but since she and I are the owners of the membership/deeds my signature alone is no good that’s why she is required.

you don’t need to be married to be owners :)

Unless you are trading your current deed in, not sure if you need her to sign. You could be an owner on a separate account. It's a grey area here where the legal bind of marriage may be the key. You would only be bound together by the contract you signed together. If you and I (assuming I wasn't married, which I am) wanted to purchase a deed together, we could. That doesn't that mean any of our hypothetical purchases from then on would require both of our signatures. They would just be on separate accounts. At least that's the way I see it. It's all a moot point, anyway as your posting history would suggest you aren't interested in purchasing from HGVC.

Enjoy your show! We loved Ka and want to see Love (my 10 year old is a big Beatles fan). It's on the sales staff if they offer you and they weren't supposed to. Hopefully you have the time to see one.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update done after 23min have to wait until the 60min have past to get our gift.

Our offer was 1br at Elara with 7.000 points priced $53K:sick:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any info?

Well the floors above 56th on Elara that would be 57-60 will be converted into Penthouses most likely two stories each.

Each will have a balcony. The balconies have been there for years but they just started the construction now to build the penthouses. They too will be a part of the hgvc family.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well the floors above 56th on Elara that would be 57-60 will be converted into Penthouses most likely two stories each.

Each will have a balcony. The balconies have been there for years but they just started the construction now to build the penthouses. They too will be a part of the hgvc family.
Thanks for the update. Those point totals are going to be outrageous! 2 story rooms with balconies that high are going to require a bunch of points and a ton of money to initially purchase. That's HGVC's pattern; high point, high cost deeds. I bet they will be opulent. Did they have a model or show you any renderings of what the rooms will look like?

Isn't that where the sales office is now (or at least used to be)? Did they transfer all sales over to The Boulevard?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Those point totals are going to be outrageous! 2 story rooms with balconies that high are going to require a bunch of points and a ton of money to initially purchase. That's HGVC's pattern; high point, high cost deeds. I bet they will be opulent. Did they have a model or show you any renderings of what the rooms will look like?

Isn't that where the sales office is now (or at least used to be)? Did they transfer all sales over to The Boulevard?

my guesstimate is also that the point requirements will be huge.

No model no anything. Salesman told me that even they weren’t allowed up there yet.

Sales floor is still at 57th floor I guess the penthouses could still be there even with sales still being there.

If a 1br with 7.000 points costs $53K then a penthouse with ie 18.000 or even 24.000 points will carry a price tag which will be out of this world.

On the positive side, new penthouses with high point costs will also demand a high annual MF. That MF could help lower the MF for the rest of the units in the building.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
53k for 7000 points is insane. Interesting to hear about the 2 story suites. Any more detail? I wonder if they will make it a bHC location.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
53k for 7000 points is insane. Interesting to hear about the 2 story suites. Any more detail? I wonder if they will make it a bHC location.

unfortunately that’s all I got

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
rld.

On the positive side, new penthouses with high point costs will also demand a high annual MF. That MF could help lower the MF for the rest of the units in the building.
if sold

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Those high priced weeks going so fast was one of the reasons this whole Apollo takeover issue started. During the spin off, they didn't start any new builds. The sold out of their high priced weeks and their customers weren't interested in the lower priced weeks. . . Supposedly.

I wonder how fast those $180,000 weeks at Ocean Tower went, if at all.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

I Wonder how much it would cost to rent the same rooms. With a $180.000 price tag the rental cost would have to be enormous to justifying the buyin cost.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Those high priced weeks going so fast was one of the reasons this whole Apollo takeover issue started. During the spin off, they didn't start any new builds. The sold out of their high priced weeks and their customers weren't interested in the lower priced weeks. . . Supposedly.

According to the investor presentations Ocean Tower sold out much faster than expected. I don't recall the mix on room types there, but I don't think they much trouble selling the higher end rooms.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
According to the investor presentations Ocean Tower sold out much faster than expected. I don't recall the mix on room types there, but I don't think they much trouble selling the higher end rooms.

Well if you stop by and look at the rooms they converted it was the furthest from the oceanfront “ring”. There must have been some slick talking salespeople to sell those at list price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I just can’t see my wife and I spending $180,000 plus MF’s for a week every year of vacation. It’s beyond me.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Put the $180k in a 2.5% CD. Use the $4500 annual interest to rent or pay for a trader. Get your $180k cash back afterwards. Guaranteed.
If the interest rate is as high as some are reporting (14.99%), a 10 year loan would be $2900 a month!

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
We went for a courtesy tour through the Ocean Tower 2 bedroom last week. The salesman told us they were converting the entire building of 600 units, but in increments of 100 units at a time. They knew we are resale buyers and were somewhat uncooperative in even showing us through the suite. If they are "sold-out" you sure would not know it by the number of TS salespeople scurrying around.