• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta NV MP pool closed

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the MP pool did finally close - Feb 2 was last day. Pic shows the posts being installed to put up the construction fence to block it off. Obviously Balche is closed.

No one seem to know what they are doing - just 'renovations'. Not sure if they will keep a path open for Luxxe to have access to the beach, or whether everyone need to go all the way around and through the MP pool area.

Also a pic of the old Costa Arena. Building still standing but most else is gone

MP Pool 2.2.20.jpgCosta Arena.jpg

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I know that change is inevitable, but that MP was really special. They basically cut it in half to add the Grand Bliss pool. Costa Arena has had several names, but was always a favorite for us because of the location.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
This is likely to be incorporated into a beach club / village / restaurant and shopping area that is planned. This in combination with the gondola building is likely resulting in all of the construction.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I think lazy river, waves pool and slide pool are open for all nv vidanta resorts, but not sure about gm pools

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is likely to be incorporated into a beach club / village / restaurant and shopping area that is planned. This in combination with the gondola building is likely resulting in all of the construction.

Some say a 'Salum' type area. Some say just renovations. A Balche waiter said they were building a new activities center.

I asked a construction worker and he didn't answer, just looked at me like he didn't understand a word I said.;)

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think lazy river, waves pool and slide pool are open for all nv vidanta resorts, but not sure about gm pools

Those staying at the MP are told they can use either the GBliss or the GM pools. Front Desk said they have not had any complaints yet!!

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Pathways - yes. It is supposed to (acknowledging that Vidanta always changes their minds and plans) be a salum type areas with restaurants, shops and markets. The beach club is on the beach and this area will possibly extend into (above??) the water in front of Azur (but on the beach side of the water).

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
We are staying at Grand Mayan for Spring Break, hopefully all the pools are open for all guests so the GM pool isn’t the only one getting all the attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpennisi

Reaction score
I know that change is inevitable, but that MP was really special. They basically cut it in half to add the Grand Bliss pool. Costa Arena has had several names, but was always a favorite for us because of the location.
I believe it was for the GL Punta that the MP pool was chopped. There was a narrow extension of the MP pool (but it was just decorational, with a Mayan statue in it that went near the Havana Moon restaurant) that was removed as well.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Somebody know if Sea Garden nv is also resort for members or just a hotel.

Sea Garden is also for members or exchanging. It's not a hotel.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rumours abound on why the MP pool is closed. Maybe the front desk person was told to say that nobody was complaining about the pool being closed BUT we have heard many vacationers complaining about it. Many prefer the quiet serene feeling around this pool. We were told we could use the Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan pools during our stay. People are upset that they were not told about the pool closing before their trip. Understandable! We are not bothered because being members since 1988 we have seen so many changes and changes to the changes that it all just rolls off our back. Whatever! We will believe it when we see it ...is our attitude! It would be so nice to have some consistency in communication. They spend tons of money on pamphlets etc that we periodically get in the mail but besides a lot of fluff and pictures there really isn’t much information communicated besides how wonderful VIDANTA thinks it is. Still hearing vacationers complaining about how long it takes to get out of the resort. Oh the good old days when we could just walk down the street to great restaurants.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Somebody know if Sea Garden nv is also resort for members or just a hotel.

The location [ Sea Garden NV- Vidanta member use & RCI exchange usage ] also uses the name Ocean Breeze for “ hotel access” .

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
I’m glad we went before they closed the MP pool. We were there about 3 weeks ago. We are GL owners, but opted to stay at GB. We wanted 2BR, and wanted to be closer to lazy river etc.. We found the GB to be really nice. We found the GB pool to be our favorite. I thought the GM pool was too crowded, loud, and busy. The MP pool was not as crowded, and much more peaceful. Possibly because the MP and GB pools were a little more difficult to get to. Still an easy walk from the GB tower, even with 2 five yr olds and a 1 yr old.
What really amazes me is that they closed the MP pool during what has to be one of the busiest months of the year. I would hope that they could have waited until later in the year. The MP pool was pretty big. I can’t imagine how crowded the GB and GM pools are right now. Really disappointing. We were planning on going back to NV next year. Now I’m thinking RM might be a better choice for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk