• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pros and cons 178k RCI Points contract Regal Vistas at Massanuten

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
178k RCI Points contract Regal Vistas at Massanuten.
Anythink I should be aware of as a buyer? Pros and cons?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If you just bought that week 29 on eBay, you got one heck of a deal. If there were more of those, there would be an eBay market for them like there is for Grandview. Of course, regular eBay precautions apply ... just do your due diligence be sure you see estoppel, research closing company, and that kind of stuff.

I think it is a case of salespeople’s lips moving. But the Massanutten sales office recently told @tschwa2 that when these points contracts sell, they only remain in points for three years. You can find that thread here somewhere with a search. It scared me temporarily, but I am over it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you just bought that week 29 on eBay, you got one heck of a deal. If there were more of those, there would be an eBay market for them like there is for Grandview. Of course, regular eBay precautions apply ... just do your due diligence be sure you see estoppel, research closing company, and that kind of stuff.

I think it is a case of salespeople’s lips moving. But the Massanutten sales office recently told @tschwa2 that when these points contracts sell, they only remain in points for three years. You can find that thread here somewhere with a search. It scared me temporarily, but I am over it.
They did. They outbid me by 25 bucks lol. I for one didn’t know enough to keep going. If there were more the market would be huge. With that being said, any truth to that 3 year deal or was that just a sales person who said it? Anyway we can verify that? That would cheapen then deal a lot!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had seen that thread and I took it into consideration. But it does not make sense to me that it would happen just at this resort and not at any other RCI points resort. Apparently it is also not in any documents issued by the resort or by RCI so I do not believe it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I had seen that thread and I took it into consideration. But it does not make sense to me that it would happen just at this resort and not at any other RCI points resort. Apparently it is also not in any documents issued by the resort or by RCI so I do not believe it.
Sales lies!! Lol. Good to know, I’ll be on the lookout to play in auctions again. Just stay out this time hahah.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
@tschwa2 Do you have any news about this?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

the deal is probably good but not that good when you take into account the buyer has to pay high closing fees ($700) and the current MF (while many Ebay ads include free usage).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
the deal is probably good but not that good when you take into account the buyer has to pay high closing fees ($700) and the current MF (while many Ebay ads include free usage).
Idk, 178K for 950 maint fee looks pretty darn good. I think in the long run you’ll make out just fine. Not to mention with increased awareness of contract like these, more will want in. I say well done.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal. Does 178k points seem right for this resort?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Its a 4 BR lock off so 178k means that each 2 BR side gets 89,000 which is high but not crazy high. Each 2 BR has a garage, a patio or deck with a higher end gas grill, large full well equipped kitchen, 2 gas fireplaces (master bedroom and living room).

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
No, is the answer to your question. However, it is the correct value for a 4BR red week.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Idk, 178K for 950 maint fee looks pretty darn good. I think in the long run you’ll make out just fine. Not to mention with increased awareness of contract like these, more will want in. I say well done.
The MF are actually $985 according to the ad. Not a big difference though. I assume they include all the taxes.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The MF are actually $985 according to the ad. Not a big difference though. I assume they include all the taxes.
Did the seller reach out ? Would be interesting to see how it plays out

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
since it is a 4 bdr lockoff, can I deposit just 2 bdr (one side) in RCI and keep the reservation for the other 2?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
since it is a 4 bdr lockoff, can I deposit just 2 bdr (one side) in RCI and keep the reservation for the other 2?
Good question.... they look like houses so not sure unless they have two bedroom units that you can book with RCI points?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I’ll be watching this closely since I just won an auction lol.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Its a 4 BR lock off so 178k means that each 2 BR side gets 89,000 which is high but not crazy high. Each 2 BR has a garage, a patio or deck with a higher end gas grill, large full well equipped kitchen, 2 gas fireplaces (master bedroom and living room).
Do these come about a lot? Is there a market if I need to exit? Does someone wanna “win” the auction from me ? Haha

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

If it’s in RCI Points, it’s automatically deposited every year, but you can reserve one half or both for free starting at 13 months IIRC. You can also reserve a different week for just $50 at the same resort and a resort in the same group (Vacation Village) for a reduced fee.

It being Massanutten, you’ll also be able to get the trading power boost by paying your MF early starting sometime around May. Look through the discussions on TUG about that. And you’ll get extra vacation certificates from RCI good for access to cheap low or shoulder season weeks for just the exchange fee at around the 8 or 9 TPU level. If that doesn’t show up in your account, DM me and I’ll explain how it works it to you.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can also reserve a different week for just $50 at the same resort

How do you do that with a Massanutten unit in RCI points? RCI Points charges me a full points exchange fee to trade into something else at Massanutten or within the VV system. They say I have a longer reserve window, but it is not like you need that at Massanutten.

On my Massanutten RCI weeks account, I don’t see any Massanutten $50 exchange option. But I thought I was doing ok with the $159 fee for Massanutten or anything in the VV system. I want to get in on these $50 exchanges if I can.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How do you do that with a Massanutten unit in RCI points? RCI Points charges me a full points exchange fee to trade into something else at Massanutten or within the VV system. They say I have a longer reserve window, but it is not like you need that at Massanutten.

On my Massanutten RCI weeks account, I don’t see any Massanutten $50 exchange option. But I thought I was doing ok with the $159 fee for Massanutten or anything in the VV system. I want to get in on these $50 exchanges if I can.
With rci points if you exchange into a different week at the same resort at 12 months-11 months+1 day into rci points inventory, the exchange fee is $50. If you do it starting at 11 months or less, it is the regular points exchange fee of $209.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. Not sure I will ever use that, but good to know about it. If I book a week at Massanutten it usually is not that far out and I usually do discounted weeks at a development other than the one I own.

With rci points if you exchange into a different week at the same resort at 12 months-11 months+1 day into rci points inventory, the exchange fee is $50. If you do it starting at 11 months or less, it is the regular points exchange fee of $209.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. Not sure I will ever use that, but good to know about it. If I book a week at Massanutten it usually is not that far out and I usually do discounted weeks at a development other than the one I own.
I book Massanutten primarily with my weeks account and often with trading power boosts. I do pay the $159 booking fee. The $50 booking is only at your home resort (so Woodstone, etc), not any section, and I agree in that I rarely book that far ahead there.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I book Massanutten primarily with my weeks account and often with trading power boosts. I do pay the $159 booking fee. The $50 booking is only at your home resort (so Woodstone, etc), not any section, and I agree in that I rarely book that far ahead there.
How is the regal vista section Incase I actually do want to go during Christmas?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How is the regal vista section Incase I actually do want to go during Christmas?
Regal Vistas is the nicest section. Not all the units have the best view. Even when the weather is on the warm side, they really try hard to have enough snow made for at least half the trails to be open by Christmas.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vistas is the nicest section. Not all the units have the best view. Even when the weather is on the warm side, they really try hard to have enough snow made for at least half the trails to be open by Christmas.
Awesome. If I ski on the east coast it’s usually update NY or Vermont so I’m sure the conditions there are the same? Or not so much?