• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Worth Considering?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I've never stayed at a Club Wyndham before. I own HICV and am looking at Hyatt for quality, flexibility and location. It seems like on paper Wyndham is a good resale option. How is Wyndham as a brand for Quality, Flexibility and Cost?

My goal is to use the system for multiple short term stays 2-4 days midweek balancing quality and value.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Where are you looking to vacation?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Colorado, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico Primarily.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Worldmark most likely will be a better option. I looked into CWA but resale does not have access into Worldmark. So looking into Worldmark which has more resorts out West. Worldmark is a pure points System. Check out the Worldmark Stickies.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Wyndham has housekeeping credits. If your stays average for less than 63,000 points for a 1 bedroom or 77,000 points for a 2 bedroom, you will run out of housekeeping credits. I do a lot of short stays, but I make sure to have at least one high point stay a year to counter my short stays. Here is an example

Staying 5 weeknights in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek 4th of July week:
135,000 points, 77 Housekeeping credits

Staying 3 weeknights in a 1 bedroom at Bonnet Creek in the value season:
27,000 points, 63 housekeeping credits

Staying 3 weeknights at Ocean Walk Thanksgiving week in a 1 bedroom in the value season:
36,000 points, 63 housekeeping credits

Total points: 198,000
Total Housekeeping: 203

Each credit you go over, they charge you $2.25. If you owned 200,000 points and used 203 housekeeping credits, you would have to pay an extra $6.75 to pay for housekeeping.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Worldmark most likely will be a better option. I looked into CWA but resale does not have access into Worldmark. So looking into Worldmark which has more resorts out West. Worldmark is a pure points System. Check out the Worldmark Stickies.

Worldmark is even worse for short stays and housekeeping credits unless you book using bonus time or inventory specials, which is the remaining inventory. You get 1 free cleaning for every 10,000 credits which is equal to a week in a 2 bedroom.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Worldmark is even worse for short stays and housekeeping credits unless you book using bonus time or inventory specials, which is the remaining inventory. You get 1 free cleaning for every 10,000 credits which is equal to a week in a 2 bedroom.

WorldMark can be cheaper to stay at than colocated Wyndham resorts even if you have to pay for the housekeeping. The other alternative is to use the cash payment options (bonus time, etc.) for short stays as those include the housekeeping and don't result in a long-term TS ownership to deal with later.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do the housekeeping credits work? Are they for interweek cleanings or is it to cover after you check out to clean the room?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
In WM a HKC is to take care of the cleaning of the Unit after you check out. As mentioned above in WM you get 1 HKC for up to 19,999 Points, then a second at 20K, a third at 30K, etc. With the cash options (BT, Monday Madness, Inventory Specials) the House Keeping is included.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In WM a HKC is to take care of the cleaning of the Unit after you check out. As mentioned above in WM you get 1 HKC for up to 19,999 Points, then a second at 20K, a third at 30K, etc. With the cash options (BT, Monday Madness, Inventory Specials) the House Keeping is included.

So what are the total fees breakdown.

MFs
Club Fees
Annual Membership Fee
Cleaning Fees
Reservation Fees

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
MF depend on how many points you have. The more points you own, the less you pay per thousand.

WM has no club or reservation fees. The cost of cleaning the room after you leave depends on the size. Fees are located in the membership directory. If you want to have a lot of short stays, it makes sense to get a 10,000 credit contract and just use the last minute inventory. WM posts their inventory specials online and you can see it without being an owner to get a feel about what's available by minute.

That's what I plan on getting next time I buy more points, but i live near Orlando where there's tons of available last minute inventory that I can take advantage of. I dont think the inventory is as available for west coast resorts.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@cbyrne1174, how are these HK credits decided? Is there some formula?
Since I have unlimited HK credits, I have never paid attention to it but it looks like an avenue for Wyndham to squeeze non-VIPs.
The diabolical side of me is rubbing its hands in glee. But the angelic side is merely curious and finds it mildly interesting! :)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
how are these HK credits decided? Is there some formula?
There’s a fixed grid:
C2839598-F5F8-43B3-BCFE-4D70A6A64F25.png

I’ve never had to pay for housekeeping, as we have a modest account and usually take at least 1 trip each year of at least 5 nights in high or prime season. For instance, this year we’ve got 6 nights in a 4BR at Edisto which takes well over 200k points, but only 154 HK credits. I then decided to borrow points from next year for 2 nights in Orlando, but I was able to use the remaining HK from this year - so now I’ve got even more HK than points to use in 2021. It tends to work out for me. You could easily run out of HK if you took only 2-3 night weekends, though. That can be one of the arguments for VIP. (Though who knows what will happen with the alleged new housekeeping system they’re reportedly cooking up with Privileges.)