• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Headed to Vidanta-NV .

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
How did it go?
Did you survive the onslaught? What were they pushing. How pushy were they?

Got out in a little over 3 hours. First offer was a estates proposal for $390,000 but they would give us back $100,000. Then it was the same offer, but we had to pay the taxes only $76,000. Then they knocked $20,000 off that. Then a $36,000 offer for a 2BR GL. We politely declined all. Got the 10% off, 2 for 1 card (breakfasts). 2 messages etc. It was definitely low pressure. Sales guy was pretty laid back. Was surprised we turned down a $1,150,000 property. I just kept saying we are pretty happy with what we have. We were told that a lot more GL buildings were going to be built. (I think 5). But we were also told everything is sold out. We were told current contracts are for 1 location only vs our 7. That current contracts you had to pay MF even if you don’t go. That our 2 for 1 deal for the “park” was no longer available. Park passes we’re all sold separately. That our “locked” upgrade clause was going to be removed. It was just too good to be true. I guess that was the clause that allowed us to buy the $1,150,000 place for only $390,000. I had tuned out that part.
They were going to leave all these unbelievable clauses in if we upgraded though..
They started with the “we can make $17,000 with Ambassador Certificates” story. I said no thanks.
Went from rep that took us to breakfast and explained our contract. To another rep that offered us the special deal. To a final manager that threw out the $36,000 offer. Not sure what that was even for. All in 3.5 hours. Whew..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit.. If this is too much information or information that’s not recommended to be shared on the forum, please let me know, or remove the post.

Last edited:

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
Got out in a little over 3 hours. First offer was a estates proposal for $390,000 but they would give us back $100,000. Then it was the same offer, but we had to pay the taxes only $76,000. Then they knocked $20,000 off that. Then a $36,000 offer for a 2BR GL. We politely declined all. Got the 10% off, 2 for 1 card (breakfasts). 2 messages etc. It was definitely low pressure. Sales guy was pretty laid back. Was surprised we turned down a $1,150,000 property. I just kept saying we are pretty happy with what we have. We were told that a lot more GL buildings were going to be built. (I think 5). But we were also told everything is sold out. We were told current contracts are for 1 location only vs our 7. That current contracts you had to pay MF even if you don’t go. That our 2 for 1 deal for the “park” was no longer available. Park passes we’re all sold separately. That our “locked” upgrade clause was going to be removed. It was just too good to be true. I guess that was the clause that allowed us to buy the $1,150,000 place for only $390,000. I had tuned out that part.
They were going to leave all these unbelievable clauses in if we upgraded though..
They started with the “we can make $17,000 with Ambassador Certificates” story. I said no thanks.
Went from rep that took us to breakfast and explained our contract. To another rep that offered us the special deal. To a final manager that threw out the $36,000 offer. Not sure what that was even for. All in 3.5 hours. Whew..

Edit.. If this is too much information or information that’s not recommended to be shared on the forum, please let me know, or remove the post.
Thanks for the info. We’re up next. Early Thursday morning. Hopefully we will get a low pressure presentation too.

Will report back tomorrow.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Good luck. We had “Manny”. He’s a good guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our presentation went well with all body parts intact.
We actually enjoyed our talk and the decidedly non hard-core sales pitch.
I think I’m going to ask fir the same guy if/when we upgrade.
Four pleasant, informative and helpful hours.

THAT IS HOW A PRESENTATION SHOULD BE! grade A+

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Glad to hear it was not hard-core. We have been to some grueling ones in the past 20 years, but quit going to any updates after 2014. We like what we have and do not plan to upgrade, so why bother?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I think for existing owners - the sales presentations are now generally “cleaner”
Vida Sales knows they have a good product . They will certainly be happy to sell you an upgrade to their newest and best .

Newbie first time exchangers get the “ full court press” with all the exit packages etc.
Different game and audience .

rpennisi

Reaction score
I think MP and GM owners would get a tougher sell, GL owners less so.
For me, it’s been 4/5 years since I’ve gone on one. Lol, today, our last day at Buganvilea, I got another call for a presentation, telling me still time for 2 free massages.:)

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
I'll be a RCI user coming through this Spring Break staying at GM, somehow snuck past the sales last year.. Wife and I seriously contemplating sitting down with the sales reps to ensure a good room. Definitely not buyers since we have 2M points in Wyndham.
If we don't get a good room/view for attending a presentation, hoping for worthwhile coupons, discounts, etc. yes, i expect something for my time when I plan on saying "no"

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE comments about posting below.

I endured my presentation today. Also pretty low key, but not short. That was somewhat my fault as I had questions about what I own (GL studio loft) since I have never seen it or stayed there (sold it as an "upgrade" in RM from a JR Villa--what a joke! Since they don't exist except at NV, it gets me a Jr Villa in RM. Don't know how that is an "upgrade" if it becomes the same unit?).

Anyway, started with $352,620 offer for a 2 BR in the new "Punta 2" . They are converting the end GM building on the beach to a GL. However, it is being called a GM Deluxxe even tho sold as a GL. Supposedly because it is connected to a GM building it must be called a GM but it is sold as GL. That was my first red flag. It appeared to be a pretty standard 2 BR floor plan but if you looked closely, I'm not sure it had a full kitchen. More like the park units. Only had a 2 burner stove and never could figure out the frig but looked like maybe 2 small under cabinet units?? Assured it was "just like the Punta" with more upscale amenities and guarantee OV--wherever you go. There will only be one row of rooms so no "back view", only ocean view. I don't know how that works.

Second red flag: MF $1750 for the 2 BR. Which is less than any other 2 BR. So are these units actually smaller??? There was also a floor plan for a 1 BR based on the 2 BR square footage but he didn't talk about that much except to say they took out the master room to make it the living room & put the dining area where the living room is. This didn't seem to have a full kitchen either. Same smaller kitchen area which was not against the outer wall but was more of an island against the second half bath in the entry.

And it "outranks" all other GL owners for room assignments, except the other Punta of course. Final offer $28,850 for 1 BR Punta, $38,000 for 2 BR Punta 2. Told it was Phase 1 pre-constuction pricing with $528,620 in "equity" when all units sold. So why "fire sale" pricing if so in demand?

Last edited:

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our presentation went well with all body parts intact.
We actually enjoyed our talk and the decidedly non hard-core sales pitch.
I think I’m going to ask fir the same guy if/when we upgrade.
Four pleasant, informative and helpful hours.

THAT IS HOW A PRESENTATION SHOULD BE! grade A+
Zinjanthropus, who was your rep? I had Erick who seemed to be a decent guy.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I would LOVE comments about posting below.

I endured my presentation today. Also pretty low key, but not short. That was somewhat my fault as I had questions about what I own (GL studio loft) since I have never seen it or stayed there (sold it as an "upgrade" in RM from a JR Villa--what a joke! Since they don't exist except at NV, it gets me a Jr Villa in RM. Don't know how that is an "upgrade" if it becomes the same unit?).

Anyway, started with $352,620 offer for a 2 BR in the new "Punta 2" . They are converting the end GM building on the beach to a GL. However, it is being called a GM Deluxxe even tho sold as a GL. Supposedly because it is connected to a GM building it must be called a GM but it is sold as GL. That was my first red flag. It appeared to be a pretty standard 2 BR floor plan but if you looked closely, I'm not sure it had a full kitchen. More like the park units. Only had a 2 burner stove and never could figure out the frig but looked like maybe 2 small under cabinet units?? Assured it was "just like the Punta" with more upscale amenities and guarantee OV--wherever you go. There will only be one row of rooms so no "back view", only ocean view. I don't know how that works.

Second red flag: MF $1750 for the 2 BR. Which is less than any other 2 BR. So are these units actually smaller??? There was also a floor plan for a 1 BR based on the 2 BR square footage but he didn't talk about that much except to say they took out the master room to make it the living room & put the dining area where the living room is. This didn't seem to have a full kitchen either. Same smaller kitchen area which was not against the outer wall but was more of an island against the second half bath in the entry.

And it "outranks" all other GL owners for room assignments, except the other Punta of course. Final offer $28,850 for 1 BR Punta, $38,000 for 2 BR Punta 2. Told it was Phase 1 pre-constuction pricing with $528,620 in "equity" when all units sold. So why "fire sale" pricing if so in demand?

Was "Punta 2" supposed to be in NV or RM? One of the reps had told us they would be building a Punta type in RM as a new building by the GL pool, but this sounds more like what I would expect it to wind up as there wasn't much room to fit one. My guess would be that they still have obligations to contracted registered GM weeks as being why they couldn't sell it as GL; they were able to set up the Jungle Luxxe units as GL rather than Bliss and that lobby is connected to the Bliss buildings. Did you happen to get a picture of the floor plan?

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was "Punta 2" supposed to be in NV or RM? One of the reps had told us they would be building a Punta type in RM as a new building by the GL pool, but this sounds more like what I would expect it to wind up as there wasn't much room to fit one. My guess would be that they still have obligations to contracted registered GM weeks as being why they couldn't sell it as GL; they were able to set up the Jungle Luxxe units as GL rather than Bliss and that lobby is connected to the Bliss buildings. Did you happen to get a picture of the floor plan?
Eric, Punta 2 is in NV. And it IS being sold as GL even tho in a GM building. They say they have had enough people convert from GM to higher levels that they could put them in the remaining GM buildings and re-configure one building as GL. But because of "contractual obligations and regulations" had to call it GM because it was an existing building.
And sorry, no. No pictures. I thought of this after I left. Could have easily taken them.

PS I have heard the RM rumor about a GL building near the new beach club & Salum. Is that where you heard?

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the closers also said they intend to destroy all the beach restaurants at NV. Then they will build a new area similar to the Mexican market (Salum) at RM. I have no idea when this would happen. I didn't hold my breath since they have been talking about the park since I first started going in 2012 or 2013 and it is still not anywhere near finished. But they have closed Costa Arena and are tearing it down along with digging up the MP pool on the beach. Some of that is for the gondolas that are going in for transport to the park. Also heard, and confirmed, that people who own solely in the park will not have access to any of the current NV areas including none of the restaurants nor the beach.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Our rep at our meeting on Tuesday said anyone staying in any of the new buildings over in the park could take the tram back to the resort, and they could visit any of the pools GB or below. We are GL owners, but are in GB this week for grandkids visiting. We commented on how much we liked the GB pool area. That’s when he mentioned everyone from the park would be getting dropped off at the GB pool. My reply was, well I guess we won’t be coming back to NV. I really do like the GB pool and how you sit pool side, but still have an ocean and mountain view.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Cricket, were they offering you a $100,000 rebate if you came in at $356,000? Just curious.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
...... Also heard, and confirmed, that people who own solely in the park will not have access to any of the current NV areas including none of the restaurants nor the beach.
Since Cascades & Kingdom of the Sun contracts I have read about all convert after 10 years into existing brands ( GM or MP -Bliss) this should be interesting ....
Perhaps Vida Sales now is selling “reverse park access “- you don’t get to leave the park contracts .

Personally I think this could be the Vida TS sales “ exponential BS factor “ .
Sales in Nuevo tells someone a truth with a little embellishment . By the time it
travels on the bs machine to Riviera Maya it grows exponentially into nonsense
based on a kernel of truth .

Please embellish further -

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I think this could be the Vida TS sales “ exponential BS factor “ .
Sales in Nuevo tells someone a truth with a little embellishment . By the time it
travels on the bs machine to Riviera Maya it grows exponentially into nonsense
based on a kernel of truth .

Please embellish further -
I heard this directly from NV sales as I am currenlty at NV

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cricket, were they offering you a $100,000 rebate if you came in at $356,000? Just curious.
Actually it was $18,000 per year for 10 years for giving back the 4 MF free weeks that were to be included. So it was more like $180,000 plus 5% per year. They kept stressing that they needed the weeks for marketing and this was a 6.7% ROI. Ha!

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Ok. Thx. I’m trying to remember if their offer to us was for 2 or 4 if the MF weeks. It was sandwiched between two 100 yr segments. (I need to pay better attention). One foot out the door didn’t help me.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Zinjanthropus, who was your rep? I had Erick who seemed to be a decent guy.
We had a (relatively) young guy named Frank. Not only was he helpful, but so was his "manager"... I forgot his title, but he's the higher level sales guy. Older guy, ill fitting glasses. He was very nice too and if/when we up grade, we will seek them out.

I was also told about the conversion of the northern most GM building into Punta 2. I don't think they had photos or renderings yet.

Another thing; We were told that as of later this year, Vidanta would cease relations with RCI , II and(?) Registry, and deal only throughSFX and...one other. They said they would honor all current listings but will no longer be trading through them. don't know the full details but they explained that the owners were complaining that people can trade into what they paid high dollars for, so this is a way to keep the value of the purchases up...especially since the park will make Vidanta ownership more attractive.
Have any of you heard the same?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I would be shocked to learn that they cut off RCI & II in favor of SFX and the other unnamed exchange, which could be Third Home, Elite Alliance, or ICE, all of which they have varying relationships with. That would cut off major sales prospect streams that SFX can't fulfill as well as methods they use to manage low season occupancy. Additionally, they provided memberships to many owners in the various exchanges and would have to deal with customer relations, which is a loser order problem. They might shift where they do bulk deposits of higher tier units, favoring the higher cost exchanges (Third Home & Elite Alliance), but I would be very surprised if they completely stopped working with the others - they never really made any bulk deposits above the Grand Luxxe suite level with SFX anyway and have already shifted much of the higher ones out of Registry for bulk deposits.

If they shift more towards the expensive exchanges, they will probably have to reevaluate it in the not too distant future because there are only so many people willing to exchange a week that cost them ~$2.5k for a $1k+ fee, then pay a $42/day Resort fee on top of that. They may want to avoid having the lower cost option available to exchange there, but they will have to deal with the hotel side of the business needing heads in beds to stay afloat.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Another thing; We were told that as of later this year, Vidanta would cease relations with RCI , II and(?) Registry, and deal only throughSFX and...one other. They said they would honor all current listings but will no longer be trading through them. don't know the full details but they explained that the owners were complaining that people can trade into what they paid high dollars for, so this is a way to keep the value of the purchases up...especially since the park will make Vidanta ownership more attractive.
Have any of you heard the same?

A version of this was posted on TUG : 4+ years ago / heard at Puerto Penasco .
When we bought in 2006 - they were pushing SFX & "downgrading "RCI .

I agree with Eric in his above post / .# 49

I am not saying you were lied to / simply that sales tells you their version of things they are told - not all of which occurs .

Here is my take :
1) - IMO - Vidanta likely gets more $ revenue per exchange from SFX than RCI & II (due to contractual details).
So in In a perfect world management would be happier if it was 100% SFX
- however - sales prospect streams likely dictate on going developer deposits of some (or many) brands & seasons.

2) Vidanta reservations has analysis of what exchange streams fill what ( brands- locations- seasons) . There has been some hints of tweaking .
(ie) GM Los Cabos ( see recent thread) currently has nothing other than studios for fall 2020 on RCI- and nothing listed between end of Sept & May 2021 .
I have an HSI account and in 2018 they had Mayan Palace and occasional GM studios . In 2019 - nothing showing on their website / although like all exchange companies - call if looking for something specific .

Last edited: