• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you prefer round pizzas to be pie cut or square cut?

Do you prefer round pizzas to be pie cut or square cut?

• Pie cut

• Square cut

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
After a couple of days of polling, I'll explain why I'm asking.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care which but didn't have that option to choose.
Good Point. I think taste would be a more determining factor than shape. :ponder:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Growing up in NY, pizza was a staple. Never saw a round pie square cut. The Sicilian square/rectangular pizza pie was our square cut.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Both:
Regular (and NY style) and Thick crust: Pie cut
Thin crust (Cracker dry): Square cut

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Growing up in NY, pizza was a staple. Never saw a round pie square cut. The Sicilian square/rectangular pizza pie was our square cut.

Let me guess, growing up in New York, you were surrounded by thin crust pizza. Those from Chicago on the other hand, grew up with thick crust pizza. :clap:

Now there's a option to choose from.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Let me guess, growing up in New York, you were surrounded by thin crust pizza. Those from Chicago on the other hand, grew up with thick crust pizza. :clap:

We had both. It wasn’t like Chicago pizza, less greasy crust, Sicilian pie is a fluffy spongy square/rectangular thick crust.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Obviously, square cut makes the most sense. You can easily control portion sizes, squares are much better for eating with your hands (those long skinny triangles are so wobbly!), you have the choice of edge crust or not (don't have to sneak the crust to the dog anymore), and I'm sure there are a lot more reasons, but my square cut pancakes are getting cold! ;)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Obviously, square cut makes the most sense. You can easily control portion sizes, squares are much better for eating with your hands (those long skinny triangles are so wobbly!), you have the choice of edge crust or not (don't have to sneak the crust to the dog anymore), and I'm sure there are a lot more reasons, but my square cut pancakes are getting cold! ;)

Hi PamMo ,
not sure how close you live to St. Louis style pizza :
(ie) diagonal (square) cut on a round pie

Provel Cheese - 2 million pounds a year used / mostly in St. Louis
Imo’s Pizza / among other local St. Louis style pizza places .

best St.Louis foods - ( IMO - we ate them all from 1978- 1990 / worth a visit )
1) -Ted Drewes
2) -St. Louis pizza
3)- Pork Steak - home bbq. in the summer
4) - toasted ravioli
5) - Amighetti’s Special sandwiches / on the Hill (Wilson & Marconi Ave) now called Colina Cafe Bakery(fall 2019)

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

And Chicago knows pizza!.....I'm not sure what most of that fru fru stuff called NY style is.... o_O

But back to the original question, the fact of the matter is you cannot cut a circle in squares!

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you can sort of cut a round pizza square (or into rectangles anyway). Ironically, I have seen this done in Chicago from chains selling thin crust pizza. The pieces from the edge do have a rounded side.

Back to the poll, I have had and like both. For traditional neapolitan pie, of course pie cut. For NY Sicilian and Chicago Deep Dish, square (or rectangular) cut.

--Jon

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What the? You can’t cut a round pizza into squares! And why would you?

go to Imo’s in St. Louis & others there that serve St. Louis style pizza with Provel cheese .

Very thin crust - round pie .
you then cut strips about 1.5 inches wide - both ways.
pieces are small square / diagonal cut.

thought it was weird the first time - but soon loved it -
the small bite size pieces suit the crust and the way it is made .

Totally different than a New York slice - but really good .

google : St. Louis style pizza

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love both...Have u tried fried pizza? It's sold locally "Pizza Loven"......With or without onions.(square pizza).....EXCELLENT

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My wife ordered a pizza here in Hawaii and she wanted it cut in squares. So she asked when she called and they called it Chicago style.

I grew up in south Chicago and there was a small family pizza place on almost every block. The most common way they cut them were in squares. Most of the pizzas where thin crust also. The thick crust pies where mostly in sit down restaurants around downtown. Those where cut in pie slices.

I love pizza but mostly traditional, just cheese or a Margarita pizza but my favorite is Sausage and Mushroom. I usually only try different toppings if it is sold by the slice.

Back to the question, pan style cut in pie slices and thin crust in squares or or pie slices It doesn’t matter to me.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only problem with the square pizza is those 4 corners that always seem to be all crust.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I like the small round pizzas cut in slices, but the bigger round pizzas (16-20") cut into squares. As someone else said, the long slices are just hard to handle. Too "floppy"