• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Vacations 1st time buyer/cancelling

PhilipBanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hi, I am so glad I found this forum. I have so many doubts about timeshares yet I still purchased one from Bluegreen vacations.
It’s only been a day so I am going to send my letter to rescind my purchase today or tomorrow. I purchased in Branson Mo, so I think I have 5 days to cancel.
I purchased a timeshare with 8000 points every other year. Mainly because I liked the “bonus time” offers on “renting” the resort units for $59-79 on high red days or whatnot, and also having access to “traveler plus” benefits.
I do have a few questions I’m not clear about, hopefully someone can help me with...
1- if I cancel and purchase a similar Timeshare resale, can bonus time and traveler plus benefits transfer to me as well?
2- in general is Bluegreen vacations a safe Timeshare? The salespeople were pretty upfront with most of my concerns and I think from reading the forum posts and other reviews l wasn’t swindled per se.
3- any suggestions on what I could do next? I am interested in owning, but my main worry is the “maintenance fee” and being stuck with it for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• 7F798D8A-2000-4411-A3E5-A7420607C91A.jpeg
    7F798D8A-2000-4411-A3E5-A7420607C91A.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 31

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Phil. Welcome! Rescinding is probably wise at this point- at least until ALL your questions are answered. The vast majority of TUGgers like and use our timeshares- and have more than one. (they're like peanuts) I don't know what you mean by 'safe'. You won't get robbed or beaten up any worse than at a hotel in the same neighborhood. Or if you are considering the timeshare a 'safe' investment- it isn't. It's just a pre-paid vacation home. The value in timeshare is in use and the memories they provide to you and your family. They can be priceless.

Generally, with resales, they won't come loaded with a bunch of 'bonus' perks. And generally they cost pennies on the retail dollar. Bluegreen (iirc) has a good internal trading mechanism. (you can exchange your deeded week to go to another Bluegreen property for less than using an exchange company- like RCI).

I don't own Bluegreen, so I don't know if they have a program to buy back- or accept deedbacks- so you're not 'stuck' forever with MFs after you no longer want the TS. Others may chime in with this info.

Bottom line- with ANY TS, Rent a few times with different systems so you know the difference, then when you buy- BUY RESALE- SAVE THOU$AND$.

Jim

PhilipBanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thank you Jim, the initial investment wasn’t too bad and I’m in it more for the perks and bonuses. Just worried that we were getting scammed.
We were told they have an in-house way of reselling the deeds for us in case we no longer want to own. I’ll weigh my options and decide. Thanks again

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The "perks and bonuses" are almost never worth the additional cost of purchasing from the developer; many are available to anyone (eg. RCI's "Last Call" and II's "Getaways").

Bluegreen resale is available for pennies on the dollar; check out resale sites such as www.redweek.com or eBay.

You have one chance to rescind and that opportunity lasts only a few days. The deal you were offered at the resort will always be available. Do your research, don't be overly influenced by the sales hype, and make a decision best for you over the long term.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thank you Jim, the initial investment wasn’t too bad and I’m in it more for the perks and bonuses. Just worried that we were getting scammed.
We were told they have an in-house way of reselling the deeds for us in case we no longer want to own. I’ll weigh my options and decide. Thanks again
Rescind. You will get $1 for your "in house" way of reselling the deeds. What was the cost of your TS? If it's way over $1 (the price of resale TS contracts), you overpaid.
1. bonus pts and traveler benefits usually do not transfer with resale, but I could be wrong.
2. BG is pretty safe. It's not as great as Disney, Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, or Hilton. It's better than Westgate and Capitol. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think BG is as good as Wyndham.
3. Research, rent, and decide if TS is truly for you. Lots of good rental options here, often below MF. https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/timeshare-rentals-offered.45/

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone was selling three prime weeks at hammocks at Marathon, in the keys for cheap. Most others are giveaways. I would rescind and do a lot of homework

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am so glad I found this forum. I have so many doubts about timeshares yet I still purchased one from Bluegreen vacations.
It’s only been a day so I am going to send my letter to rescind my purchase today or tomorrow. I purchased in Branson Mo, so I think I have 5 days to cancel.
I purchased a timeshare with 8000 points every other year. Mainly because I liked the “bonus time” offers on “renting” the resort units for $59-79 on high red days or whatnot, and also having access to “traveler plus” benefits.
I do have a few questions I’m not clear about, hopefully someone can help me with...
1- if I cancel and purchase a similar Timeshare resale, can bonus time and traveler plus benefits transfer to me as well?
2- in general is Bluegreen vacations a safe Timeshare? The salespeople were pretty upfront with most of my concerns and I think from reading the forum posts and other reviews l wasn’t swindled per se.
3- any suggestions on what I could do next? I am interested in owning, but my main worry is the “maintenance fee” and being stuck with it for the rest of my life.

As others have said, RESCIND while you can. Do your homework, and then purchase on the vast resale market.

Be sure your rescission papers are signed by you and whomever else purchased with you. Be sure to send via USPS Certified Mail and retain all postmarked Post Office receipts.

Now there is no need for the seller to acknowledge the paperwork, but they do have to act on your rescission. Be patient as it may take as long as 45 days to receive a refund.

WELCOME to TUG, and please consider joining as a member for $15. Best $15 you will ever spend.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phil, Platinum Bluegreen owner here. You made the right decision to rescind. If i had it to do over again i would buy resale at a resort 8 or less hours drive and the underlying deed at a resort you love and plan to use. I would recommend renting here on tug from Bluegreen owners and trying out the resorts/weeks you think you and your family would enjoy. You will only get bonus time at the resort you own/deeded at. Branson is a very good choice and highly rated. If i can be of further assistance post here or on the bluegreen forum here om TUG. AL

PhilipBanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thank you everyone!!! I will be sending my cancellation notice on Monday morning. Typed it out today.
I will be looking into timeshare ownership and purchasing resale properties. Thanks again to everyone who replied, I really appreciate all the help!

PhilipBanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Rescind. You will get $1 for your "in house" way of reselling the deeds. What was the cost of your TS? If it's way over $1 (the price of resale TS contracts), you overpaid.
1. bonus pts and traveler benefits usually do not transfer with resale, but I could be wrong.
2. BG is pretty safe. It's not as great as Disney, Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, or Hilton. It's better than Westgate and Capitol. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think BG is as good as Wyndham.
3. Research, rent, and decide if TS is truly for you. Lots of good rental options here, often below MF. https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/timeshare-rentals-offered.45/
Thank you Jim,
It was about $11k and $680 annually, but only for 8k points and “charter membership”.

I’m going to look into renting for now and researching before I commit.

Thanks again for all the information

PhilipBanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Phil, Platinum Bluegreen owner here. You made the right decision to rescind. If i had it to do over again i would buy resale at a resort 8 or less hours drive and the underlying deed at a resort you love and plan to use. I would recommend renting here on tug from Bluegreen owners and trying out the resorts/weeks you think you and your family would enjoy. You will only get bonus time at the resort you own/deeded at. Branson is a very good choice and highly rated. If i can be of further assistance post here or on the bluegreen forum here om TUG. AL
Thank you Al, I’m sending my notice on Monday.
I’m actually considering my options now, thanks for the help, I may have questions in the future!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thank you everyone!!! I will be sending my cancellation notice on Monday morning. Typed it out today.
I will be looking into timeshare ownership and purchasing resale properties. Thanks again to everyone who replied, I really appreciate all the help!
Congrats on rescinding. Mind sharing how much you would save so with rescission?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
The price came out to about $11K, it was the lowest membership that included the Charter membership.

I think you made a good decision rescinding. Please check out bluegreen timeshares for sale on eBay.com and I think it will help confirm your decision to rescind.

Here is a snapshot taken moments ago on what I found on eBay.com and pricing.

c589fc66163a418512554fd547e35dc7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk