• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
If VGV phase - prior to H.Irma, the VGV HOA was taking deeds back. These WERE either been auctioned off, or bought by VSE (SVO) from the VGV HOA. iirc, this has occurred three times over the years.
The WSJ thread has captured these sales.

Thanks - I am aware but always had the impression these were only cases where there were already serious delinquencies on the account (which I'd like to avoid). Bottom line, I am currently able to cover my MF (and have been) but we don't feel we're getting value any more given how high the fees have gotten and we've not been able to go every year (and while we've used the Staroptions most years, this is a total loss on value for us). I'll reach out to see if they would take the deed back.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks - I am aware but always had the impression these were only cases where there were already serious delinquencies on the account (which I'd like to avoid). Bottom line, I am currently able to cover my MF (and have been) but we don't feel we're getting value any more given how high the fees have gotten and we've not been able to go every year (and while we've used the Staroptions most years, this is a total loss on value for us). I'll reach out to see if they would take the deed back.

As Vistana won’t take this back since this deedback doesn’t apply to WSJ - I would contact Phil Schrag directly if this is a VGV VOI.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have some SVV units I’m looking to deedback. An EOYO 2 Bedroom (Bella) Platinum and possibly the 2 bedroom platinum (KW) lockoff. Do you think these are worth selling or just getting out of them? Both usage begins 2021 since I have SO reserved with the lockoff. I guess I could try eBay. Do you have to buy new interests to deedback?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have some SVV units I’m looking to deedback. An EOYO 2 Bedroom (Bella) Platinum and possibly the 2 bedroom platinum (KW) lockoff. Do you think these are worth selling or just getting out of them? Both usage begins 2021 since I have SO reserved with the lockoff. I guess I could try eBay. Do you have to buy new interests to deedback?
You do not have to buy new interests to deedback but it has been reported that they are not accepting EOY units although it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bella and key west would definitely have some sales value

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So, without reading 8 pages of postings, can someone say if they are doing deedbacks for Sheraton Broadway Plantation? Thx!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as a recap, if you have a US based vistana ownership (non us based ownerships do not qualify at the current time) that is not currently delinquent, and does not have a loan attached...they should accept it back.

if you are told otherwise when you contact the deedback department (info/link in first post), please email me your account details to tug@tug2.net and I will forward it on to someone who will look into it.

please only forward me the information if you have already contacted the deedback department and been told no (or they arent taking back weeks etc).

*also if you have forwarded me your information and not heard anything back from me, or marriott...please resend it again and i will send a followup email!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
as a recap, if you have a US based vistana ownership (non us based ownerships do not qualify at the current time) that is not currently delinquent, and does not have a loan attached...they should accept it back.
Well, they also said they aren't taking back any EOY contracts. They turned me down twice.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
please reforward me your information, id like to get an official answer on that from my marriott contact.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
please reforward me your information, id like to get an official answer on that from my marriott contact.
I'll send it to you again so you can use it for reference. Though it turns out that in my case, I tried to give it away on TUG and Vistana is now taking it by exercising ROFR. Probably because I already paid the 2020 MF.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
geez...right hand def does not know what the left hand is doing.

hopefully regular reporting of this will get things cleaned up sooner rather than later.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'll send it to you again so you can use it for reference. Though it turns out that in my case, I tried to give it away on TUG and Vistana is now taking it by exercising ROFR. Probably because I already paid the 2020 MF.
What resort are you selling that has ROFR?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They should be fairly easy to sell. You could probably get $500-$1000 from that EOY 2BR Bella (as long as it is a 2BR dedicated unit). Just list it on the TUG Marketplace for free (if you have an active membership).

The KW LO unit will sell if you are patient enough. Probably could get a couple thousand out of it by listing it as indicated above. Don't give mandatory weeks back to Vistana. That should be criminal.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Don't think they want any more back. Brian asked his contact to call me a month ago and they never did. Mine will just go into default.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
They should be fairly easy to sell. You could probably get $500-$1000 from that EOY 2BR Bella (as long as it is a 2BR dedicated unit). Just list it on the TUG Marketplace for free (if you have an active membership).

The KW LO unit will sell if you are patient enough. Probably could get a couple thousand out of it by listing it as indicated above. Don't give mandatory weeks back to Vistana. That should be criminal.
Yeah I was never going to give it back. It’s just Jan and MF season lol. I def do not need all of these any longer. I’d like to keep the two bedroom and the one bedroom, get rid of the lock off and EOYO

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't think they want any more back. Brian asked his contact to call me a month ago and they never did. Mine will just go into default.

to be clear, my contact at Marriott isnt contacting owners directly...I merely forward the denials from members to him and I assume he gets them to the person who will handle it properly. Given he is a high level executive at Marriott, i dont expect him to be calling anyone directly.

however if you still have not had any response from Marriott after sending me your info, send it again and I will again submit it to him a 2nd time and inquire as to the issue.

I have no problems continuing to forward owner who are rejected to him as he made it very clear he wants to know what is going on and get it sorted out. so please dont think its a bother to me to resend me the info if you are still being told no!

Sadly I only ever hear back from the folks who successfully hear back from Vistana and got the deedbacks done, so if that isnt the case (but again, if its delinquent or still has a loan attached, this does not apply) please send me an email to tug@Tug2.net with the details!

Ive no reason to let this go given the conversation I personally had with my contact at Marriott...so keep giving me the ammo to forward on to him to get this right!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly I only ever hear back from the folks who successfully hear back from Vistana and got the deedbacks done, so if that isnt the case (but again, if its delinquent or still has a loan attached, this does not apply) please send me an email to tug@Tug2.net with the details!!
Wow, I'm surprised you haven't heard from anyone else who was unsuccessful, as I'll bet there have been plenty of others who have tried to deedback and have been refused. As you already know, I was turned down twice. I have no doubt that you forwarded my info to your contact, and I for one appreciate all your efforts. Although my case is now moot because of their taking it by ROFR.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I was denied WDW Gold Plus EOYE this summer. I think MVC is grabbing any and all Platnium weeks. Well at a certain price point.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have you contacted the department in the first link recently? if they still say no please forward me your info!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
as others posted, it seems like they're too selective ... can't blame them, it's all about the $$. thx for trying.

halsey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to confirm that Vistana/Marriott is not taking back WSJ deeds, specifically VGV

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
correct, only timeshares located in the states qualify for these deedbacks at this time.

Leon29

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St Johns
Does US based include Westin St. John’s usvi?