• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

MichelleLD98

Reaction score
If you bought alone, congrats on successfully rescinding. If you and another person signed the Ts contract, both must sign the rescission letter.

Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

I bought alone. Purchase price was $16,035, I had put $1,095 down, financed the rest of course.

MichelleLD98

Reaction score
If you bought alone, congrats on successfully rescinding. If you and another person signed the Ts contract, both must sign the rescission letter.

Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

I bought alone. Purchase price was $16,035, I had put $1,095 down, financed the rest of course.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Congrats. You beat BG. Go out and celebrate.

Regretful

Reaction score
I could use some help! I purchased a Sampler 24 on friday the 2nd of August. I'm in Missouri. I've Google that Missouri gives you 5 days to cancel. I can't find it anywhere in the contract where it says clearly anything about canceling. There is a notice statement that is very general and it doesn't say anything about a number of days or even use the word cancel. In the sampler 24 program confirmation interview bullets that I had two initial, the very last sentence says "you understand that this purchase is fine on that you may not cancel your sampler purchase". Tomorrow will be day 5, the 7th of August. I'm wanting to cancel, as I just should have never been suckered into this with my finances right now. I'm going to go to the Post Office tomorrow morning and try to send a certified letter. Please what are your thoughts?

Regretful

Reaction score
I could use some help! I purchased a Sampler 24 on friday the 2nd of August. I'm in Missouri. I've Google that Missouri gives you 5 days to cancel. I can't find it anywhere in the contract where it says clearly anything about canceling. There is a notice statement that is very general and it doesn't say anything about a number of days or even use the word cancel. In the sampler 24 program confirmation interview bullets that I had two initial, the very last sentence says "you understand that this purchase is fine on that you may not cancel your sampler purchase". Tomorrow will be day 5, the 7th of August. I'm wanting to cancel, as I just should have never been suckered into this with my finances right now. I'm going to go to the Post Office tomorrow morning and try to send a certified letter. Please what are your thoughts?
"This purchase is final and you may not cancel....."

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy? That's what the time-frame is based on. Not where you live. There are sample rescission letters upthread. Some states disallow rescission from samplers, because they are not considered 'purchases'. You don't own anything except the right to use an apartment. It doesn't hurt to send a letter. It might work, it might not.

Jim

Regretful

Reaction score
Where did you buy? That's what the time-frame is based on. Not where you live. There are sample rescission letters upthread. Some states disallow rescission from samplers, because they are not considered 'purchases'. You don't own anything except the right to use an apartment. It doesn't hurt to send a letter. It might work, it might not.

Jim
I live in Mo and signed in Mo. So you're saying cancelling might not be possible with Samplers?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Mo and signed in Mo. So you're saying cancelling might not be possible with Samplers?
Could be. Different states have different laws. It doesn't hurt to try. All you're out is postage.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Worth a try. Thank you for your help.
On the bright side, you didn't buy a full-on timeshare. I'm sure it seems expensive to you right now, but really, it's a one-time expense- other than what it'll cost to actually take the time off and go on vacation, you got off pretty light. Take someone with you who'll share expenses and practice saying "NO" when you go to the required sales presentation. You'll get through this fairly unscathed.

Cladyclad

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Follow Op’s Template brothers & sisters

Just got my 1300$ back. Bought a timeshare July 27. Filed my letter the next business day. Got my money back in full Aug 8

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Follow Op’s Template brothers & sisters

Just got my 1300$ back. Bought a timeshare July 27. Filed my the next business day. Got my money back in full Aug 8
Congrats. Happy for you.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
You bought a vacation package good for a year or two depending on which you bought, you did not buy a timeshare or perpetual membership in a vacation club. Sending the letter can't hurt and you may get lucky. But remember, you did sign the contract and you did initial the line that says you may not cancel , so don't be too angry if it doesn't work.

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
I got a Question about the 45 day refund rule. Is it 45 days since I send the notice or 45 days since they receive the notice?

They appeared to have removed the contract from my account but my $4050 has yet to be refunded on my Barclaycard accounts. It is now day 44 since I sent my notice from the post office on June 28 and it is day 38 since they got the notice on July 5th.

What do I need to do about getting my down payment back?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a Question about the 45 day refund rule. Is it 45 days since I send the notice or 45 days since they receive the notice?

They appeared to have removed the contract from my account but my $4050 has yet to be refunded on my Barclaycard accounts. It is now day 44 since I sent my notice from the post office on June 28 and it is day 38 since they got the notice on July 5th.

I'm not sure if it'w a hard and fast RULE, per se. But at this stage, if you have a phone number to their accounting department, I don't suppose it would hurt anything to call and ask when you might expect it? I don't see how TUG can help.

Jim

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
So I can't dispute the charge with my card company?

Sounds like I am out $4050! :(

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I can't dispute the charge with my card company?

Sounds like I am out $4050! :(
What did BG's accounting office say? Did someone tell you that you owed that amount? Rescission MEANS to set affairs back to before the contract was signed, so unless they moved you into an upgraded apartment as a 'reward' for purchasing their TS, I'd assume they are just slow in issuing the card refund. It probably wouldn't hurt to dispute the charge and let the cc issuer slug it out with BG. Based only on what you've posted here, I think you'll get your money, but that's just opinion.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did everyone who signed the agreement to purchase also sign the agreement to rescind?

If so, and if you don't receive you refund by August 20th, then I would certainly call the company and see if they can provide you with an explanation as to "why" your rescission has not been processed.

Your last resort would be to contact the Consumer Protection Office of the Attorney General's Offices in the State in which you reside; provide them a detailed accounting of exactly what has (or has not) been happening with your recsission request and be sure to provide them with all copies of your paperwork (including a copy of your Postmarked Certified Mail receipt).

Keep all of us posted.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have read that they often go over the 45 day limit. They don't seem to think they are bound by that. You will get the money but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask when you will get it. Disputing the charge won't hurt if you can't get Bg to give you an answer.

Garys123

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I signed our documents on July 16th in Orlando, FL and sent our cancellation letter on July 19th and it should be delivered sometime today (July 22nd) my concern is, we did not use a template for our cancellation letter, we wrote along the lines of "we would like to cancel our purchase, done 7/16/19 as described in the contract (reference # xxxxx)as of 7/19/19. We expect immediate refund of monies paid during purchase." Both my wife and i signed the letter and included the parts of the contract with the cancellation information.

After sending I noticed that the cancellation verbiage described the address with the ATTN after the company name (BlueGreen Vacations Inc. ATTN: blah blah blah) but on the certified envelope we put the ATTN at the end of the full address.

My questions are:
1)is that type of letter fine?
2)is having the ATTN at the end of the address instead of after the company name fine?

Thank you!!!
Apologies for piggybacking on your thread... Can't figure out how to start a new one... Looking for suggestions on cancellation letter before sending.

Yup, I did it. Buyers remorse...

Signed contract 08/18/19. Well within time period for cancellation in Tennessee.
Here is my letter that I will send by USPS, Certified mail. Is it good? Additions? Subtractions?

Here is my letter:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLUEGREEN VACATIONS UNLIMITED, INC

ATTN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT.

4960 CONFERENCE WAY, N STE 100

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

08/19/2019

To whom it may concern,

After reviewing the materials provided at the presentation, I have decided to exercise my right to RESCIND/CANCEL the contract (Reference # xxxxxxx) as detailed on the enclosed signature page.

Please refund all monies paid and stop any automatic debit to my personal accounts

This letter to rescind is being sent USPS CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT to the above address.

Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover on request.

Signed

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks good, Gary. You need do no more, and should see your refund within 45 days.

Jim

To start a new thread, there is a button near the top of each forum's header, but really, we don't need another 'is this rescission letter OK' thread.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Apologies for piggybacking on your thread... Can't figure out how to start a new one... Looking for suggestions on cancellation letter before sending.

Signed contract 08/18/19. Well within time period for cancellation in Tennessee.
Here is my letter that I will send by USPS, Certified mail. Is it good? Additions? Subtractions?

Here is my letter:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

08/19/2019

To whom it may concern,

After reviewing the materials provided at the presentation, I have decided to exercise my right to RESCIND/CANCEL the contract (Reference # xxxxxxx) as detailed on the enclosed signature page.

Please refund all monies paid and stop any automatic debit to my personal accounts

This letter to rescind is being sent USPS CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT to the above address.

Signed

That is good. Mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here is my letter:

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

08/19/2019

To whom it may concern,

Signed
If you and your SO, hubby, or wife signed the Ts contract, they must also sign the rescission letter.

Garys123

Reaction score
If you and your SO, hubby, or wife signed the Ts contract, they must also sign the rescission letter.
I am the only signature, but should I have my wife sign it too? Also, I've read where it is best to be hand written? That would actually be best for me as I do not access to a printer. Thanks