• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP!

Reaction score
So, like others I'm sure, my wife and I bought into this timeshare thing in Myrtle Beach yesterday. Seemed like an ideal solution to "forcing" us to spend more time on vacation as a family, lol. Now, thankfully, I found this website after some research and am second guessing our purchase. My issue is.....we never received a copy of the contract! I can find the contract number but nothing in any of the paperwork, nor flash drive documents, has anything about how to rescind the contract. I did research the SC state statute concerning timeshares and it states we have 5 days to cancel....but what do I do? Aren't they "obligated" to give us a copy of the contract? Do I just use the contract number, write up something (what to say exactly), get my wife and i both to sign, and then send certified mail ASAP?

Any help you can give is much appreciated....thanks in advance!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It might help to know what system you bought into. But absent that, a simple 'I/We wish to cancel the purchase of contract #______________ Dated___-____-__ Refund all money put down,
Signed ________Husband ________________Wife
It needn't be more complex than that. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt so you get tracking to know when it's delivered.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So, like others I'm sure, my wife and I bought into this timeshare thing in Myrtle Beach yesterday. Seemed like an ideal solution to "forcing" us to spend more time on vacation as a family, lol. Now, thankfully, I found this website after some research and am second guessing our purchase. My issue is.....we never received a copy of the contract! I can find the contract number but nothing in any of the paperwork, nor flash drive documents, has anything about how to rescind the contract. I did research the SC state statute concerning timeshares and it states we have 5 days to cancel....but what do I do? Aren't they "obligated" to give us a copy of the contract? Do I just use the contract number, write up something (what to say exactly), get my wife and i both to sign, and then send certified mail ASAP?

You can find a template to a rescission letter and just keep it simple. Definity write you are cancelling in the letter and on the top header. Some people don't make it clear that they wish to cancel. Do what Jim said above.

Bill

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Rescind then update us on the price so it can be added to how much tug has saved overs over the years. Remember, owning isn’t a bad thing, paying full price is :)

What network did you buy? Buy resale! MVC, HGVC, HRC, and Vistana are all great programs. Learn the programs before buying in.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
It might help to know what system you bought into. But absent that, a simple 'I/We wish to cancel the purchase of contract #______________ Dated___-____-__ Refund all money put down,
Signed ________Husband ________________Wife
It needn't be more complex than that. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt so you get tracking to know when it's delivered.

Jim

Just to clarify... make sure the letter is signed by both you AND the wife.

Reaction score
Thank you all! It was a Wyndham timeshare but not under any specific resort I don't believe. The plan was for 126,000 points for $19,500. Typing up the letter now! Thanks again!

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
Thank you all! It was a Wyndham timeshare but not under any specific resort I don't believe. The plan was for 126,000 points for $19,500. Typing up the letter now! Thanks again!
So a quick view on Redweek and there is a 126,000 contract on there for $500!

Consider joining TUG for $15 and be ready to learn!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait until the smoke clears and you have your money safely in your own accounts, then if you are still interested in TS, I think that 126,000 is a minimal package. Good for 5 nights or a weekend in a middling resort. You might set your sights a little higher. The annual maintenance will be higher, but if your aim is for a full week in prime season, or maybe a couple of 4 nighters in nice places, you'll be happier.

Jim

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Timesharenation was trying to give me like 300K Wyndham points for free with free closing. You can find a ton of free timeshares. Hell, I paid someone an incentive to take mine over

Reaction score
Thanks again! Letter was sent certified mail w/return receipt today.....so hopefully everything will be rescinded! How long does it take before you know something....would there be any possibilities of them negating the rescission letter even if their instructions were followed to the letter? Definitely glad I found this site and information....a moment of weakness, especially when they gifted us an extra 174,000 points to take our young kids to their first trip to Disney! Now, I definitely need to do some research and find a resale(?) to be able to take them there.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again! Letter was sent certified mail w/return receipt today.....so hopefully everything will be rescinded! How long does it take before you know something....would there be any possibilities of them negating the rescission letter even if their instructions were followed to the letter? Definitely glad I found this site and information....a moment of weakness, especially when they gifted us an extra 174,000 points to take our young kids to their first trip to Disney! Now, I definitely need to do some research and find a resale(?) to be able to take them there.
They are under state law to process your timely rescission letter, however they are not required to notify you of the progress of it. We know it's stressful, but just take solace that you won! You beat 'em! Just watch your credit card account for a refund. It can take up to 45 days depending on the billing cycle, but it'll probably be faster.

Congratulations. Now go celebrate!

Jim

Reaction score
They are under state law to process your timely rescission letter, however they are not required to notify you of the progress of it. We know it's stressful, but just take solace that you won! You beat 'em! Just watch your credit card account for a refund. It can take up to 45 days depending on the billing cycle, but it'll probably be faster.

Congratulations. Now go celebrate!

Jim
......breathes a breath of fresh air lol...Thanks Jim!

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
...take our young kids to their first trip to Disney! Now, I definitely need to do some research and find a resale(?) to be able to take them there.
You can easily rent a place for minimal $$$ at Disney. I recommend you try that before buying anything to get a feel for the different timeshare brands. I own Marriott there and there are 7 different Marriott's there and each one is different from the next! Just about every other brand has a presence there as well so there is a LOT of inventory.