• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
What is the average sales commission brokers charge for resales?

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
What is the average sales commission brokers charge for resales?

My understanding is that it’s ~15% or so split 50-50

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I've seen it listed typically is 10% of the sales price with a minimum commission charged. I also think many of the minimum commission's run in the 1000 to $1, 500 range. This is been in my experience with several Marriott and Westin purchases And I sale

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North - WKORVN

Vistana waived ROFR on WKORV/N Oceanfront Annual / $24,000 (8/10)

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North - WKORVN

Vistana waived ROFR on WKORV/N Oceanfront Annual / $24,000 (8/10)

Nice. I know you were looking for one, congrats. If you're there in Jan or Feb of 2020, let's have a cocktail!

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Vistana exercised ROFR on WKORV OV Annual for $10,000

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Great price...I'm guessing that would have taken $12-13k to pass minimum....

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana exercised ROFR on WKORV OV Annual for $10,000

"Exercising ROFR" is always a weird phrase to me. It was in my ROFR waiver letter, but "exercising" to me suggests that they are stepping in as buyer, not electing to skip the purchase.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Exercising ROFR" is always a weird phrase to me. It was in my ROFR waiver letter, but "exercising" to me suggests that they are stepping in as buyer, not electing to skip the purchase.
When I said Vistana “exercised” their ROFR at $10,000 I mean they stepped in as buyer on that deal. The took the deal, the seller got fully paid but the buyer got simply a refund of their deposit.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great price...I'm guessing that would have taken $12-13k to pass minimum....

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
That is what I am thinking too. Next time i’ll try to pay at the low end of your guess.

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there rhyme or reason on when Vistana will exercise their ROFR, especially as between a WKORV OFC unit and an OV unit?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, it has finally arrived. I have added Vistana to the ROFR.net database. For now, I have only added the properties where Vistana has right of first refusal;
  • Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
  • Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
  • Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North
  • Westin Nanea
  • Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas

If when attempting to add an entry, you are unable to do so because the Resort/Season/Unit Type combination is not present please let me know and I can add it to the database.

www.rofr.net

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Is there rhyme or reason on when Vistana will exercise their ROFR, especially as between a WKORV OFC unit and an OV unit?

I think that is the idea of this thread, to try and establish if there is rhyme or reason so buyers and sellers can go into transactions knowing what they might be up against.

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Vistana waived their ROFR on a WKORV Ocean View EOY Even at 7000.00. This is my first timeshare purchase. My family and I are very excited.

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Vistana exercised ROFR on WKORVN Ocean Front EOYE at $8000.00. I was so looking forward to getting this. Oh well, I will keep looking.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Vistana exercised ROFR on WKORVN Ocean Front EOYE at $8000.00. I was so looking forward to getting this. Oh well, I will keep looking.

Yeah, as we chatted; I think that one was about $2-3k minimum too low to pass....good try though.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Just curious, does the number of Westin Hawaii units for sale seem higher than usual now?
Perhaps the merger is affecting more owners to want to sell?
Because they think they can later get Maui Kaanapali stays with DC points??
Or think Marriott will raise MFs?
Or don't like Marriott?
Or <name your reason here>?

I'm not looking to buy Hawaii...just interested in patterns and trends :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My SWAGs:

1) Seasonality: I have noticed that more units come available after summer is over. Most likely after owners have used one last time, and MF for 2019 are due soon. Sept. is a good time to unload.

2) It is has been just over 10 years since WKORV/N were built. Many 10 year developer loans have now been paid off so owners are free to sell. Perhaps owners are tired of high MF burden, or would like to do something else and decide to sell because the economy is good making now a good time to exit because they could be "stuck" for a few years during the next downturn.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear all Tuggers,
Sorry in advance for any confusion, if you are looking at rofr.net's info about WKORV OV. I inadvertently entered the incorrect year (11/30/2018!). I've asked dioxide45 to remove that addition, if possible. In the meantime, I entered the correct year as another entry. Again, sorry for "auto-pilot" entry of the wrong year! CJ

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin has waived ROFR on WKORVN Ocean Front EOYE at $9000.00. We structured the transaction to add the 2019 maintenance fees to the purchase price for a total offer of $10,477 with the Seller paying 2019 maintenance fees.

This is my second purchase with SMTN. The first purchase was WKORV OV EOYE for $7000.00. I have a great broker named Zach who has put in offers that were 25 to 50% of the listing price.

My family and I cannot wait to start vacationing in Maui. Thank you all (especially Taterhed) for all of your help and advice.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Westin has waived ROFR on WKORVN Ocean Front EOYE at $9000.00. We structured the transaction to add the 2019 maintenance fees to the purchase price for a total offer of $10,477 with the Seller paying 2019 maintenance fees.

This is my second purchase with SMTN. The first purchase was WKORV OV EOYE for $7000.00. I have a great broker named Zach who has put in offers that were 25 to 50% of the listing price.

My family and I cannot wait to start vacationing in Maui. Thank you all (especially Taterhed) for all of your help and advice.
Congratulations. Maui is magical. Enjoy your travels!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Thank you for the kind word and congrats. I look forward to having a chat/drink at WKORV/N some year!! If not, then I hope you have many years of enjoyment with family and friends!
cheers.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Congrats. I got involved with TUG (2005) that led to our recession of WKORVN OF for...
$75,000 !!!
Yikes! Think of all those poor folks that never researched, or were too late for the recession period.
We have certainly met many families that have regrets - especially last Sept with the WKORVN pool closure.