• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land - Best 2bedrooms for guests with (some) mobility issues

jmacjem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Aloha!

I'm travelling with 3 other people to Kings Land in January. We are staying in a 2bedroom plus unit. Two people have some mobility issues. They are ambulatory, but cannot walk comfortably for more than about 10 minutes at a time. One person will likely be using a cane. Do you have any recommendations on which Phase (1 or 2) would allow us to be near the pools and (hopefully) either a shuttle or parking space? Haha, may I add that I am allergic to smoke, so staying very clear of smoking areas would be required. ('Sorry for the word problem, 'just thought I'd ask before arriving at the Resort so I could make a request ahead-of-time).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Here's Kings Land Property Map and Shuttle Shuttle Schedule. It shows pool areas, parking, shuttle pickup locations and smoking areas (see below).

From the sticky thread at the top of the forum- https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...liated-information.254931/page-2#post-1998228

Kings’ Land was built in 3 phases I, II & III.
  • Phase I only contains the larger 1 and 2 Bd rooms plus 3 Bd rooms
  • Phase II only contains the smaller 1 and 2 Bd rooms.
  • Phase III contains both size rooms which is split 50/50 between Phase I/II room sizes. It also contains some 3 Br rooms.
  • Phase I are buildings 1-11
  • Phase II are buildings 21 & 22
  • Phase III are buildings 23-25
Here are some old detailed threads regarding the three phases at Kings Land.

Image below are from http://stayhgv.com/Hawaii/KingsLand/

KOAKLmap.jpg

KOAKLshuttle.jpg

bagabonz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club Waikoloa
If you have a rental car and end up in a building across the street from the main lobby and pools, there are a couple disabled parking spots just to the right alongside the lobby. If your travelers have placards tell them to be sure to bring them. My wife is disabled and being able to use the hc parking places around the island is a godsend.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
While the buildings in Phase 1 that are closest to the lobby/pool will be the easiest for those with mobility issues, they are also next to smoking areas. I stayed in building 7, and had second hand smoke on my lanai often. You will probably want to avoid those.

Also, if you are already booked for a stay, you are already booked in either Phase 1 or Phase 2. It's not something that you can choose when you arrive. The point values are different.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
If you booked through RCI you will most likely be assigned building 1 or 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JanTanner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
My husband, 2 daughters and I just went to Kings Land for 9 nights. I wanted to suggest ordering the grocery plan offered at the resort. They emailed us 2 grocery lists before we got there and I picked out what I wanted. When we arrived our refrigerator and pantry were stocked with food and it made it so convenient for us, as there aren’t very many grocery stores or restaurants. Hopefully you are a Costco member. Costco is near the airport and the prices are same as here. The gas at Costco is cheaper!! We were able to make the food stretch out 9 days, and the only food I bought at Costco was a rotissory chicken for $4.99. If you go to the owner meeting you get $100 to spend at Hilton Waikaloa Village (down the street) and a HolaHola card that gives you big discounts on all the attractions. With four of us, we saved hundreds of dollars using that card. We did a helicopter ride over an active volcano. The card saved us $80 per person. It’s an incredible vacation. Staying at Kings Land made the vacation to Hawaii the best experience possible! Hilton makes it the vacation of a lifetime!!

jmacjem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While the buildings in Phase 1 that are closest to the lobby/pool will be the easiest for those with mobility issues, they are also next to smoking areas. I stayed in building 7, and had second hand smoke on my lanai often. You will probably want to avoid those.

Also, if you are already booked for a stay, you are already booked in either Phase 1 or Phase 2. It's not something that you can choose when you arrive. The point values are different.

I called HGVC and it looks like we are booked into Phase 2.

jmacjem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you booked through RCI you will most likely be assigned building 1 or 2.

'Booked through HGVC, an it looks like we are in Phase 2, in either building 21 or 22.

jmacjem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My husband, 2 daughters and I just went to Kings Land for 9 nights. I wanted to suggest ordering the grocery plan offered at the resort. They emailed us 2 grocery lists before we got there and I picked out what I wanted. When we arrived our refrigerator and pantry were stocked with food and it made it so convenient for us, as there aren’t very many grocery stores or restaurants. Hopefully you are a Costco member. Costco is near the airport and the prices are same as here. The gas at Costco is cheaper!! We were able to make the food stretch out 9 days, and the only food I bought at Costco was a rotissory chicken for $4.99. If you go to the owner meeting you get $100 to spend at Hilton Waikaloa Village (down the street) and a HolaHola card that gives you big discounts on all the attractions. With four of us, we saved hundreds of dollars using that card. We did a helicopter ride over an active volcano. The card saved us $80 per person. It’s an incredible vacation. Staying at Kings Land made the vacation to Hawaii the best experience possible! Hilton makes it the vacation of a lifetime!!

Wow, there's a grocery plan?! I am going to ask about it! Yes, we are Costco members, and were/are planning to shop there for groceries. We'll be there for 10 nights and will certainly have breakfast, at least, and snack/pupu time at the resort.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
'Booked through HGVC, an it looks like we are in Phase 2, in either building 21 or 22.

I’ll be in the same phase in late April, less points...

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Wow, there's a grocery plan?! I am going to ask about it! Yes, we are Costco members, and were/are planning to shop there for groceries. We'll be there for 10 nights and will certainly have breakfast, at least, and snack/pupu time at the resort.

I have been offered the grocery plan a few times, including at kings land. It didnt work for us, as it included stuff we don't use, but it s usually just my wife and I. Could work well for a family.

rabmsn

Reaction score
There's a very well stocked super market in the Waikoloa Highlands Shopping Center and it's considerably less expensive than the Queen's Market. It's only 6 miles up the hill:
upload_2018-1-1_8-10-27.png

jmacjem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been offered the grocery plan a few times, including at kings land. It didnt work for us, as it included stuff we don't use, but it s usually just my wife and I. Could work well for a family.
Yes, I contacted the hotel and reviewed the offering. It includes things that we can’t use (food allergies), so ‘willl have to pass on it.