• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keep or cancel timeshare?

Laesquiv

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham bonnet creek
My parents were offered a timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek; $18,000 400,000 points for the first 21 months, after that 126,000 points and unlimited last calls. We travel once or twice a year. We agreed to the terms a few days ago but now we're rethinking because we don't know much on timeshares. Any advice?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Let me be the first to suggest RESCIND (cancel) and check out the resale market if you are truly interested in the Timeshare life.
If you rescind, be sure to follow the rescind directions to the letter but be aware the clock is ticking...

Laesquiv

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham bonnet creek
Today is the last day to rescind and they offered to freeze all bills including deposit for 6 months if we continue with the contract. In all I'm asking if what all they are offering is worth it.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Is Wyndham Bonnet Creek the only destination you plan to travel to or will you travel elsewhere? I ask this because CWA (Club Wyndham Access) might be a viable option to you and should be much, much less. We have stayed at Bonnet Creek three times in the past and have never had any trouble making reservations (but we did look for availability at the earliest opportunity). Give me a moment and I will find a thread or two on this forum that you might find helpful...

Here is one: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/wyndham-purchase-help.259969/#post-2033208

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Cancel immediately. Breathe.
Then: Do your research. Your immediate cancellation has bought you the precious gift of time. Take all the time you need to make a more informed decision.

Should you later chose to purchase Wyndham directly -- the deal will be there for you. Sales will jump to make the deal.

Laesquiv

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham bonnet creek
Is Wyndham Bonnet Creek the only destination you plan to travel to or will you travel elsewhere? I ask this because CWA (Club Wyndham Access) might be a viable option to you and should be much, much less. We have stayed at Bonnet Creek three times in the past and have never had any trouble making reservations (but we did look for availability at the earliest opportunity). Give me a moment and I will find a thread or two on this forum that you might find helpful...

Here is one: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/wyndham-purchase-help.259969/#post-2033208
We plan to travel to all different places but at Wyndham Bonnet Creek is where we signed for it to be our residence, I believe...

Laesquiv

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham bonnet creek
Cancel immediately. Breathe.
Then: Do your research. Your immediate cancellation has bought you the precious gift of time. Take all the time you need to make a more informed decision.

Should you later chose to purchase Wyndham directly -- the deal will be there for you. Sales will jump to make the deal.
Thank you for that...we got suckered in thinking it was a heck of deal they offered and when we got cold feet once we read reviews they made us think we were making a mistake by rescinding...

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Just curious, as I don't own Wyndham, what clues from the OP's post suggest that this is not a CWA property? Can one buy Bonnet Creek as deeded rather than CWA?

Sorry if this is completely naive. Again, I don't own Wyndham and am easily confused by their jargon vs Worldmark's. ;-)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for that...we got suckered in thinking it was a heck of deal they offered and when we got cold feet once we read reviews they made us think we were making a mistake by rescinding...
You can always buy, when you are ready.

But you can't easily get out of the contract once you pass the recision deadline. Be sure to find the letter of recision tucked somewhere into your sales package, possibly in a hidden pocket. Follow the directions exactly (often certified mail, some allow fax, etc.). DO NOT call or contact the sales department. They will do everything possible to block the recision.

Again, you can always buy when you are fully informed and ready. Please stick around. We, as a community, love timesharing and want everyone to succeed in this lifestyle tool. :)

Laesquiv

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham bonnet creek
Just curious, as I don't own Wyndham, what clues from the OP's post suggest that this is not a CWA property? Can one buy Bonnet Creek as deeded rather than CWA?

Sorry if this is completely naive. Again, I don't own Wyndham and am easily confused by their jargon vs Worldmark's. ;-)
I apologize for the wrong terms...we are CWP

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Hello Rhonda,

I was attempting to suggest if the contract noted in the OP was rescinded, Club Wyndham Access points would offer another mechanism to reserve at Bonnet Creek (Bonnet Creek is indeed a CWA resort so if a person had CWA points, Bonnet Creek is possible destination) and one that might offer a more competitive price given the resale market. I have CWA points and I do have ARP at Bonnet Creek (and many other resorts) as a CWA benefit. Just trying to offer another option to the OP if one of their travel goals involves Bonnet Creek as a frequent destination.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
First things first. Rescind today. It is IMPERATIVE that you get today's date on the letter. Carry it to the desk at the post office, mail it certified w/return receipt. It does not need to be fancy or legalese. Just 'we wish to rescind and cancel contract #_______ dated________.
Signed_______ husband__________wife.
Include a copy of the signature page of the contract. Send it to the Last Vegas Address.

Glad you found us. Now get to work. You have $18,000 to save.

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats, you just saved 18 grand!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is the last day to rescind and they offered to freeze all bills including deposit for 6 months if we continue with the contract. In all I'm asking if what all they are offering is worth it.

First, to answer the question of the last sentence, No, it is not worth it.

Now to address the first sentence, when did this offer come in tho "continue with the contract"? Did your parents try rescinding and then the sales people try to sweeten the deal? Or was this offered right at the sales presentation.

And, oh yeah, follow what everyone else here said and rescind (although it looks like my recommendation came in too late).