• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to understand selling Worldmark points

Tasiasolon

Reaction score
Hi-

I'm looking to sell 8,000 Worldmark credits but it seems really complicated and I haven't been able to find a website that spells it out.

I keep reading about closing costs?

I'm not looking to make a profit - I just have about 8,000 credits that go unused every year.

Can someone point me into a direction to figure this out??

Thanks!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you looking to rent your points or sell your ownership completely- it sounds like you want to sell?- When you say not make a profit, I hope you don't expect to recoup what you paid originally if you bought from the developer. Worldmark is one of the few Timeshares that does have some resale value but it is still probably less than 10-20% of the original buy in cost. Worldmarkowners.com will probably have the best advice for you.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Selling worldmark is easy. There is a transfer fee that Wyndham charges. Any other closing costs are just being added by the agent. If you want to sell via an agent who doesn't add in any fees, try Henri M. His website is: https://worldtimeshareclub.com/ I have used him a couple times before. I got quotes from several Worldmark resale agents and he offered me the highest return on my sale.

Tasiasolon

Reaction score
By profit I meant not looking to make a bunch of money. I just want to get rid of the credits being wasted. So just want to sell 8,000 and keep the rest that I do use.

A lot of sites were talking about needing contracts. I thought someone could just buy them and Worldmark would transfer my credits to them lol

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
By profit I meant not looking to make a bunch of money. I just want to get rid of the credits being wasted. So just want to sell 8,000 and keep the rest that I do use.

A lot of sites were talking about needing contracts. I thought someone could just buy them and Worldmark would transfer my credits to them lol
Post your for sale credits on wmowners.com- you will find buyers and help in stepping thru the sale.
Anita

Tasiasolon

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

How do you figure out what they will need to pay for dues on 8,000 credits? I see the ads listed with dues/maintenance etc.

I don't have a loan or anything. I just pay monthly dues.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Go to wmowners.com/forum for answers to your questions:
https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37776&start=30 for MF: the formula for this year is in the last post.
To post your for sale ad and to get an idea of what they are selling for:
https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=71
To discuss and for any questions use: https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=72

If you want to split off part of your account and transfer permanent credits, you want a split and combine. If you want to keep your account the same size but transfer 8000 credits for one time use only, that is called renting. Renting is easily done with an online form to fill out and the transfer takes a couple of days at most. For that, see the Credits for Rent section: https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

Sue

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) advertise
2) find your buyer and negotiate a price
3) do a conference call with Wyndham and ask them to prepare the transfer papers. Pay the $299 fee
4) buyer and seller will get the paperwork from Wyndham. Sign (notarized) and return to Wyndham
5) wait about 30 days and the deal will be done

Wyndham does not handle the money. Buyer and seller have to agree on terms and when payment is to be made I suggest hiring an escrow company to hold the buyers money and release it to the seller when the transfer is complete

If you don't want the hassle of a do it your self deal hire one of the licensed brokers that specialize in Worldmark. Henri Moreau, Mike Murphy, or Marc Talley are 3 I've worked with and can recommend.

If you want their phone numbers or a link to their websites send me a pm

Tasiasolon

Reaction score
You guys are AWESOME!! Thank you so much for the help!

Do any of you rent your credits?

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another resource for Worldmark is on Facebook. If you use Facebook, check out the following groups:

Worldwide the Club (aka:Worldmark by Wyndham), owners group
Worldmark by Wyndham Credits - Buy, Sale, Rent

Laura