• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best MVC properties for young kids? (2-4 years old)

GoldenVIKE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GRC Tahoe -5 Wk Ski
St Kitts -Week 52
Ocean Pointe -Silver
DC/AP points
Curious which properties are most conducive to having 2-4 year old kids with us.

Examples of things that'd be good for us:
- kid zone areas at the resort itself
- on premises activities conducive to young children
- proximity to water parks / zoos / tame rides / etc
- a place with an atmosphere where kids fit in and don't ruin others' vacations

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious which properties are most conducive to having 2-4 year old kids with us.

Harbour Lake in Orlando is great for young kids.
Zero entry pool and splash with pirate ship. Mini golf. Great kids club.
Lots in the area besides Disney.
Green Meadows farm and petting zoo was a favorite when my kids were young.

taffy19

Reaction score
It's the same for the Maui Ocean Club. I had pictures on my phone of a birthday party that I could follow from our Lanai and it was a very nice event and well supervised by the parents so didn't ruin it for other guests.

I also made pictures of a big do during Easter week and kids were kept busy and had a real good time. I didn't see the Easter egg hunt but I am sure that they had that too.

They also had or still have a pitot ship there and shallow entry in the kiddie pool. I believe that most Marriott resorts have this and they are at great locations where there are things to see and do. Start planning!

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was at Marriott Newport Coast in 2013, their kids program had a number of great activities for my 4-and 2-yr olds at the time. And we used it as our base of operations for Disneyland.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
When I was at Marriott Newport Coast in 2013, their kids program had a number of great activities for my 4-and 2-yr olds at the time. And we used it as our base of operations for Disneyland.
Wow that is a pretty far drive back and forth to disneyland. I didn't mind the drive in the morning but at 1am when you leave the park, it is a loong way back. After doing it for a week at ncv we decided that ncv is to far for a disneyland trip. Lovely resort and nice pool areas. The problem is if you get a room by the road on the lower floors. It is a prerty far walk to the pool.
This happened to us but i dont think it is a recurring problem at this resort.
Had a bad problem first day with sewage backing up out of the shower drain and rendering the unit uninhabitable. Had to move rooms close to 4am in the morning. At first, the front desk clerk suggested we sleep in the living room for a few hours. He said maintenance would be able to fix the problem in a few hours. I had to fight for a room to sleep in that didn't have raw sewage and fumes so we could goto sleep.
So when are you coming back to mko beefnot?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Son Antem is a good resort for kids. A number of the villa pools are zero entry and just the right size for kids and they're rarely busy, a number of times we've had the pool to ourselves. The main pool at the resort centre is busier but there are shallow areas for younger kids. All the villas have a garden although they're not enclosed so the kids will need supervision all the time. The kids club is good, my youngest really enjoys it there. There's a water park, Aqualand, an easy ten minute drive away. In Palma (15 minute drive) there's Marineland, we haven't been because I don't agree with animals being made to perform, and a very good aquarium. On the other side of the island there is a safari park where you can either drive your own car through or take the park train.

Es Trenc beach nearby is great for kids as it's situated in a bay and the water is shallow and calm for quite a way out. Avoid on a weekend or make sure you're there early as the limited car parking can mean quite a walk.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Son Antem is a good resort for kids. A number of the villa pools are zero entry and just the right size for kids and they're rarely busy, a number of times we've had the pool to ourselves. The main pool at the resort centre is busier but there are shallow areas for younger kids. All the villas have a garden although they're not enclosed so the kids will need supervision all the time. The kids club is good, my youngest really enjoys it there. There's a water park, Aqualand, an easy ten minute drive away. In Palma (15 minute drive) there's Marineland, we haven't been because I don't agree with animals being made to perform, and a very good aquarium. On the other side of the island there is a safari park where you can either drive your own car through or take the park train.

Es Trenc beach nearby is great for kids as it's situated in a bay and the water is shallow and calm for quite a way out. Avoid on a weekend or make sure you're there early as the limited car parking can mean quite a walk.
I agree with all you say (I am surprised they don't seem to highlight which villa pools are zero entry), although "nearby" is a relative term as Es Trenc must be the best part of a 30 minute drive away.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Manor Club, Williamsburg. Good kid zone, pools, splash pad, movie theater, walking/biking path. Nearby: water park (not sure if tame enough) Bush Gardens theme park, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg.

pghsportsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've taken our kids to Aruba Surf Club many times... great kids pool with tons of kids, zero entry pool, water slide into the pool, lazy river, lots of Marriott activities including iguana feeding (which my kids love) and a great kids club. Walking distance to a nice shopping area with a musical water show and cultural shows every night, pony rides, and of course ice cream. There's also a nice butterfly farm not too far away which my kids have enjoyed.

mbeach89

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach...the Woodsey area is great for kids as is the rest of the resort. Zero entry woodsey pool, awesome tree house, huge firepit for night time story telling and s'mores. Oceanwatch is also apart from the crowded hotel zone of Myrtle Beach which is very nice.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach...the Woodsey area is great for kids as is the rest of the resort. Zero entry woodsey pool, awesome tree house, huge firepit for night time story telling and s'mores. Oceanwatch is also apart from the crowded hotel zone of Myrtle Beach which is very nice.

I'll Second this one

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a pretty far drive back and forth to disneyland. I didn't mind the drive in the morning but at 1am when you leave the park, it is a loong way back. After doing it for a week at ncv we decided that ncv is to far for a disneyland trip. Lovely resort and nice pool areas. The problem is if you get a room by the road on the lower floors. It is a prerty far walk to the pool.
This happened to us but i dont think it is a recurring problem at this resort.
Had a bad problem first day with sewage backing up out of the shower drain and rendering the unit uninhabitable. Had to move rooms close to 4am in the morning. At first, the front desk clerk suggested we sleep in the living room for a few hours. He said maintenance would be able to fix the problem in a few hours. I had to fight for a room to sleep in that didn't have raw sewage and fumes so we could goto sleep.
So when are you coming back to mko beefnot?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Was a 30 min drive each way for us about, we didn't mind at all.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree with all you say (I am surprised they don't seem to highlight which villa pools are zero entry), although "nearby" is a relative term as Es Trenc must be the best part of a 30 minute drive away.

You must have gone the long way round, I'm sure it's about 20 minutes!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manor Club, Williamsburg. Good kid zone, pools, splash pad, movie theater, walking/biking path. Nearby: water park (not sure if tame enough) Bush Gardens theme park, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg.

My kids really didn't like the kids club at Manor Club and having observed the staff there I can see why, lazy, indifferent, uninspiring and an attitude of "I don't want to be here". The worst kids club staff I've ever encountered. When I compare them to the staff at Harbour Lake for example the difference is startling. The water park, Water Country USA, does have a number of wilder rides but there are plenty of splash pools, play areas and the lazy river that are suitable for young kids. Busch Gardens is too 'big' for them, not enough rides for that age group and the park is very large so a lot of walking between rides.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My kids really didn't like the kids club at Manor Club and having observed the staff there I can see why, lazy, indifferent, uninspiring and an attitude of "I don't want to be here". The worst kids club staff I've ever encountered. When I compare them to the staff at Harbour Lake for example the difference is startling. The water park, Water Country USA, does have a number of wilder rides but there are plenty of splash pools, play areas and the lazy river that are suitable for young kids. Busch Gardens is too 'big' for them, not enough rides for that age group and the park is very large so a lot of walking between rides.

That is disapointing. I can't dispute the kids club as my comment was based on walking by and seeing kids having fun. We've never really used the clubs even back when we had small ones. My experience with the staff in other areas has always been positive.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

This is nice to hear. We're testing it out with a 2 and 4-year-old later this spring. Our experiences with kids in Marriott resorts have always been very good. Maui and Tahoe were great! Our kids loved the climbing wall and activities in the kids club in Timber Lodge.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
While we haven't been back there since the little one arrived, I would think that Phuket Beach Club (or even Mai Khao Beach for it's extra kid-friendly areas) is a pretty good option.

Large kid friendly pool with waterslide, as well as a separate toddler pool in Mai Khao, pretty good looking kids club shared with the JW Marriott hotel complex, fun options for bigger kids such as scuba, zorbing, bungee trampoline (sp?) and so on as well as the usual Marriott level of activities and the Thai culture of seeming the genuinely love and be fascinated by Children should make for a good option I think.

I've certainly heard a lot of what seeme dlike very happy kids during my times there. Would be interested in others feedback on that option as our little one nears 2yo and we haven't visited Phuket in a few years.

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ocean Pointe is one of my 8 year old's favorite resorts! She was 18 months old on her first trip. There are lots of activities on the property, and in the kids club. Splash zone, mini golf, bocce ball, several pools and more. She also enjoyed Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, Surfwatch on HiltonHead, and Crystal Shores on Marco Island, but Ocean Pointe is the one that she talks about and always wants to return to!

Newport Drive

TUG Member
Reaction score
My kids loved the activities, pools and layout of the Marriott Mountainside in Park City. Also the Grand Vista in Orlando and Aruba's Ocean Club. I have to say that all of these Marriott's had activities that the kids got involved with and also good pools, playcenter, kid rooms with activities.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I believe there are a number of Marriotts will have on-site entertainment that made this a great family destination. Shadow Ridge is another to add to the list of family-friendly resorts with great pool infrastructure and children activities. The question is harder when you think about easy proximity to other kid friendly activities. If zoo is in mind, I think you have to work backwards -- the San Diego Zoo is famous, but its Marriott is an urban destination that will not meet the family friendly aspect. Ko Olina is far from the Honolulu Zoo, and yet Ko Olina is a tremendous location for children (and there is a water park very close by).

Orlando naturally has all the theme parks that are in the area, which will be tremendously appealing to the children. And I think Maui has something that appeals to everybody (aquarium, waves, building sand castles, beach ball). When my children were that age, we purchased sturdy plastic garden trowels and took them with us to Maui. Digging a hole near the surf line is a guaranteed way to spend hours with your child.

So, I would approach it a little differently and see if there was anything specific that you would like to do that is off-site, in addition to the known family-friendly Marriott resort.

Best,

Greg

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestions are Grand Vista, Harbour Lakes, Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach and SurfWatch on HHI,SC.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to consider Sabal, Royal or Imperial Palms in Orlando, which are clustered around the Marriott World Center and to which you would have free access via on demand shuttle.

Google the Orlando Marriott World Center Pool and take a look at the images.

Lots of space, lots of kids. Laser show around the pool every night.

All the attractions of Orlando if you want them and a fantastic pool as part of your resort experience. Pretty easy trade as well.