• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Ordinarily we don't go to these things. It's just not worth our time but, we're with friends and, with both of us going, it came out to $250 in AE cards and that buys a few meals out so, off we went.

Overall a relatively painless presentation. We were out in a little over an hour. Our friends were out in a little over 90 minutes but, they had to remind their salesman of the time. The push was for us to buy enough points to move from one level to the next. They would sell us as few as 1,000 points at the current price of $13.23. If we purchased 2,000 points we'd get a price break down to somewhere in the $10.00 range.

They continue to push the separate buckets, enrolled points vs trust points, and they continue to push the, "buy just a few trust points and it will supercharge your enrolled points." They're excited about a new program adding 50 locations by purchasing entire floors of hotels to be used by MVC owners. Probably a great thing but I worry about the relative cost and, we don't really like to stay in hotel rooms. They're beginning to toss in a few more perks to upgrade. If you reach Presidential level, there's a 30% point discount to book at 60 days out whereas if you're only Executive level there's a smaller discount starting at 30 days out. A significant difference since points reservations can be cancelled at 61 days.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
They're beginning to toss in a few more perks to upgrade. If you reach Presidential level, there's a 30% point discount to book at 60 days out whereas if you're only Executive level there's a smaller discount starting at 30 days out. A significant difference since points reservations can be cancelled at 61 days.
Actually, this 30% discount is not a new perk. We have enjoyed using it for a few years already and it was included in the Presidential level from the time that level was created. For us, this is one of the best perks of the Presidential and Chairman's Club levels.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Actually, this 30% discount is not a new perk. We have enjoyed using it for a few years already and it was included in the Presidential level from the time that level was created. For us, this is one of the best perks of the Presidential and Chairman's Club levels.

I guess that just goes to show how often I attend these things. Honestly, I never intended to go to another one but, with a total of $250 on the table between 2 couples, it was a little to good of an offer to ignore. That's 2 nice meals out for the 4 of us and that works out fine. I can't say that spending >$16,000 plus an additional $625/year in MF's, that will undoubtedly increase every year, made any sort of economical sense to us. I don't scare easily when it comes to availability to reserve or exchange so that angle is a non-starter for us. We've been in timeshare to long and have seen to many changes to know that life goes on without much interruption despite the "enhancements" that will "cripple" our old fashioned ownership.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently went through another presentation as part of the Encore program. IMO several things are changing. Since VAC is no longer selling weeks I heard the arguement that Interval International availability of Marriott trades was going to dry up. Lately, I've had no trouble getting I.I. Marriott trades but that's being put out there. Another statement was that we would like to talk with Marriott owners every year so they welcome owners to go through presentations as often as permitted. It seems they are willing to pay for that privilege.

With regard to ROFR it seems that almost everything is passing. It probably is because VAC is only interested in selling points. During my presentation I explained that I am a weeks owner and had no interest in points. There was no attempt to sell any weeks, only points. It was also saida that enrolled units would be less desireable than direct point purchases. That wasn't said when they sold the idea of enrolling your week.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Timeshares use fear and guilt to sell points/weeks. Fear that you won't be able to get what you want if you don't buy the latest/greatest offering. Timeshare developers have/will continue to find ways to churn sales out of their existing owners.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
:shrug::shrug:In an October presentation we were told that buying trust points woul supercharge our enrolled points making them all like trust points. I said I hadn't been able to find that stated in any documents but if he could show that to me I would be interested. Still waiting