• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank you for saving us...

Kesliemack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to say thank you the the entire TUG community for saving us from a horrible mistake! :):clap:

(and vent a little):annoyed:
Last week while staying in my MIL TS at Lagoon Tower in a 2bd Ocean Front room, we visited a Referral Presentation. Since it would get my MIL points just for us going AND $100 gift card, we decided to do it.

We pretty much got sold, long story short the Saleswoman, Kim Wright, lied through her teeth about what my MIL owned (claimed she had a 1bd platinum and had booked us 9 mo out, she owns the 2bd Ocean Front gold, used the lower maintenance fee "like my MIL did" as her sales pitch) as well as many other things. After a second conversation, where I asked her why she told us the wrong info, she denied it all, saying I remembered wrong. Um, no! I decided to move past her BS (she is a saleswoman after all) and ask the questions I needed to ask about what was available at other locations. Well, that was stupid, because the lies just kept coming. She then mentioned that I would NOT want to buy at an affiliate property, because you cant trade it back in for a developer property. I just found out, thanks to TUG, Hokulani IS AN AFFILIATE. WTF, she went out of her way to assure me it was not (Oh, duh, that was her tell, haha) You all say, "if their mouths are open, they are lying." You are not kidding! :wall:

There offer was
$36k for 6200 points Every Year at Hokulani with 18,0000 bonus Club Points (not HHonors, Club points). Plus after maxing out our two newly opened Hilton Honors AMEX card and the 50,000 bonus HHonors points each we were looking at over 300,000 HHonors Points.

We plan to pay cash for it all within the 90 same as cash deal they gave us, so financing was not an issue.

I am actually grateful she lied or we would have gone through with the purchase. Her lying about what my MIL owned got me doubting her and the retail purchase, which led my here, TO THE TRUTH!!!

It is embarrassing for them how they underestimate us buyers. They really rely on us to trust them and not do any research. The saving grace in all of this is we were planning to purchase with my MIL (getting her Elite status, boy do they sell that BS) on the deed as well, so we had to bring the contract home for her to sign. Don't even need to rescind, since she hasn't signed, phew!

Now to find the best RESALE deal for our family!! I will likely be asking more questions!!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Great news! Glad you found TUG in time!:clap:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats outstanding! great job on doing your research before it was too late!

Welcome to TUG!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would STILL follow the rescind instructions to the letter of the requirements in the contract.

If only the two of you sign, still get ALL 3 of you to sign the rescind paperwork .. as all of you are name on the paperwork and most likely, goes to a different department.

If the 'full of crap' salesperson who character and morals are as rotten as YOU found, I am sure that contract got turned into her boss with 3 signatures on it. She ONLY gets her money (her pay) with a fully executed contract after the rescind date. The sales staff would never let you out of their grips without a PLAN to get all commission ... the salesperson, the supervisor and the site boss.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I would STILL follow the rescind instructions to the letter of the requirements in the contract.

"...we had to bring the contract home for her to sign." Hopefully, this means the poster has the /only/ copy and they're in the clear.

HOWEVER: If the sales peep have a copy of the contract which has a likeness of their signatures (even if a duplicate), then I agree, they should go thru the formalities to prevent fraudulent use of the copy.

I can hear them now, "They intended to buy. We simply gave them the wrong copy." As much as one may like a TS, one cannot trust these sales-weasels.

Kesliemack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks vacationhopeful and Talent312.

I do believe we have the only copy of the contract, but will definitely double check on that. I don't see how they could legally sell it to the 3 of us if only 2 of us signed. We were unable to reach my MIL on the day we signed, so she had not even been informed that we were putting her name on the deed or considering the purchase. I can not see that contract would hold up in any court. She was never notified and never agreed to have her name on the deed, Hilton could not go ahead with the plan without her signature.

One little kink, my MIL has left on her own vacation and is in Maui until Oct 6th. She has all the paperwork(not sure if it with her or at her home). Her late husband was a lawyer, so I am trusting her when she says there is 30 days to rescind, since she has bought 3 developer properties from Hilton. Just nervous cause everyone else says 10 days.

I have the saleswoman still on a string, btw. I told her we may want to upgrade to a bigger package, she said there was no issue and sent me more inventory. Really just holding her off.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
One little kink, my MIL has left on her own vacation and is in Maui until Oct 6th. She has all the paperwork(not sure if it with her or at her home). Her late husband was a lawyer, so I am trusting her when she says there is 30 days to rescind, since she has bought 3 developer properties from Hilton. Just nervous cause everyone else says 10 days.
Have you let your MIL know that you don't intend to go through with the purchase? I've never heard of a rescission period of 30 days. Can you get in touch with her somehow and ask her not to sign the contract?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I would advise you contact them. I backed out of a direct sale before signing and they did not reverse the downpayment charge on my credit card. It wasn't until I contacted them before the credit was issued, I had to send them an e-mail with my reason for not signing.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Kesliemack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you let your MIL know that you don't intend to go through with the purchase? I've never heard of a rescission period of 30 days. Can you get in touch with her somehow and ask her not to sign the contract?

She will not sign until we tell her to sign! No worries there!

She probably doesn't even have the papers with her, since she THINKS it 30 days (sounds like she is very wrong according to alwyonvac, thank you btw) and has plenty of time.