• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

just bought whyndom points from developer, thinking about rescinding

aocch3

Reaction score
I just purchased points from the developer at ocean blvd myrtle beach, sc. I alread owned 154k eoy at seawatch myrtle beach. My current contract gets me a 1 br in the north tower every other year and I wanted to get a 2 br in north tower every year. If I were to buy points from ebay for any myrtle beach whyndom property to get to 203k every year points, would I still be able to book 13 months out for ARP and get an ocean front 2 br during peak season?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale points act just like retail points except for the loss of VIP benefits. So, if you want to ARP at OB then you can purchase a resale contract and still ARP at 13 months.

What you do have to consider is demand....while you are able to ARP at 13 months so is every other OB owner, but that doesn't matter if you've purchased retail or resale. So, plan ahead, know when you want to vacation, and be on the phone at 7:00 am the day you can make your reservation.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will find that the advice is to rescind immediately. Search this board for "Wyndham rescission" and you will find posts with information on how to do it.

You will have all the time the world to research and make a correct decision for you, but you have a very limited time to rescind. Good luck

aocch3

Reaction score
OK, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the fast feedback.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Don't think, DO, before your time is up.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't think, DO, before your time is up.

Agreed!

Rescind.

Sit down and research your options on the secondary market. Speak with other owners. Talk with your family. If at that point you want to buy from the developer, they will absolutely have contracts for sale. Not to worry! :whoopie:

Welcome to TUG and glad that you found the site in time! Happy vacationing.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful about buying Westwinds ... most/all contracts were originally sold a FIXED WEEKS... ARP is ONLY the underlying deeded fixed week.

For ARP, you MUST call into the call center to make a reservation at 13 months to the DAY from checkin. Myrtle Beach SUMMER weeks are in extremely HIGH demand.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested .... green and while slip with delivery name and addressed stamped when YOU mail the letter with a GREEN POSTCARD where they (timeshare company) signs when post office delivers said Certified Letter.

aocch3

Reaction score
If I were to buy a contract to purchase the difference between my current 154k and the 203k I need, will I be able to get a 2 br using the combined points or do I have to purchase a contract with at least 203k points?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
If I were to buy a contract to purchase the difference between my current 154k and the 203k I need, will I be able to get a 2 br using the combined points or do I have to purchase a contract with at least 203k points?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd rather you tell us you properly rescinded (IN TIME), before people respond to questions. I'm not trying to be harsh, its just the reality that if you have any questions, your best course of action is to rescind first, and ask questions later.

As noted above, once the time to rescind ends you lose the ability to do so. Once you rescind, you can march right back in and buy again if its what you decide is best for you. (Sort of like "the best of both worlds" timeshare salespeople always tout.)

My intent here is just to keep you in the best position possible.

Last edited:

Tucker123

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought Wyndham Club Access plan for $21,000.00 I got 105,000 points plus a bonus of 195,000 and VIP for two years. I'm wondering (after reading info. on this site) about rescinding. What do you think?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought Wyndham Club Access plan for $21,000.00 I got 105,000 points plus a bonus of 195,000 and VIP for two years. I'm wondering (after reading info. on this site) about rescinding. What do you think?

I will repeat my same advice from an above post.....

Rescind.

Sit down and research your options on the secondary market. Speak with other owners. Talk with your family. If at that point you want to buy from the developer, they will absolutely have contracts for sale. Not to worry!

Welcome to TUG and glad that you found the site in time! Happy vacationing.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Rescind! That is way too much to pay for 105,000 points.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Wyndham Santa Barbara 126K points POSTED on the Bargain Deal thread here on TUG... asking $50 plus the same transfer costs Wyndham would charge you.

Let's see ... $50 or $21,000 ... which might be a better deal? That $20,950 SAVED could pay over 23 YEARS worth of MFs. Or 3/4 of the MFs if invested in a 3% ROI account.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There is a Wyndham Santa Barbara 126K points POSTED on the Bargain Deal thread here on TUG... asking $50 plus the same transfer costs Wyndham would charge you.

Let's see ... $50 or $21,000 ... which might be a better deal? That $20,950 SAVED could pay over 23 YEARS worth of MFs. Or 3/4 of the MFs if invested in a 3% ROI account.

Yep, agree with her!

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
wyndham timeshare sales, buying wyndham resorts

if you think this is a good deal then check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-GOV...102313?hash=item25be190b69:g:3dIAAOSwvg9XXyRJ

different place i know but same points.

resend and be HAPPY you did.. 21k for that is a robbery..

edit
here a better one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/749K-Annual...299309?hash=item2cae35726d:g:U-0AAOSwMNxXYJEU

Hi,

Last edited:

Renny30

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Seawatch points resale and use my ARP every year. I hope you rescinded.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
2nd and 3rd the advice to rescind -
I've owned Wyndham for 20 years and my only regrets are that TUG was not around and the resale market hadn't developed yet. My original purchase was 84,000 points in Branson and I was told that the 84,000 would take me anywhere, anytime - riiiight! The rest of my points are resale.