• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What can I bring with me to Nassau?

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are headed to the Atlantis in two week. The last time I was there was pre 9-11. Was wondering what foods I am allowed/ not allowed to pack? How about wine and liquor? Thanks

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did not take much. We stopped and bought food, mixers and liquor on the way in. We bought enough for the week. 4 adults ate for a little more than $500 for the week. We also took snacks and water to the waterpark in a small soft side cooler and no one questioned us. We had food left over and we only ate out once. The rum and the wine were very inexpensive at the liquor store. I spent $40 and had more than we needed. Beer is expensive, bahamian rum is cheap.

We loved Atlantis and the waterpark and beaches. Be sure to try Lukka Kairi in Nassau. Next time we want to try the Fish Fry restaurant area. We definitely want to go back.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Packing food for Atlantis.

I ended up taking 2 checked bags. In the suitcase I had a soft cooler bag in which I packed frozen items including frozen vedges, meat, cheese, yogurt, butter. I also packed Almond milk in shelf stable packaging. I put this in a cardboard box to protect it. In the carry on bag I put all the dry snacks, oatmeal for breakfast. In the FLL airport we purchased liquor in the duty free which allowed us to carry it on but not have to put it in one of our bags. When we got there we used a porter and was only asked if we had any liquor or cigarettes. They never even looked at our bags. We had the taxi stop at a nearby grocery store on the way and purchased water, juice for mixed drinks, fruit. Wine and beer is very expensive. Next time I would take a few bottles of wine with me and less food :)
On the way back we only had one checked bag as we placed the clothes and soft sided duffel bag in the suitcase.

imoapie

Reaction score
How was it distance wise? Thinking of going with a 2 and 4 year old. I know they won't be able to do much of the water park stuff but concerned with walking/getting around - mostly getting to the beach/pool. Is it pretty stroller accessible?

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did not take much. We stopped and bought food, mixers and liquor on the way in. We bought enough for the week. 4 adults ate for a little more than $500 for the week. We also took snacks and water to the waterpark in a small soft side cooler and no one questioned us. We had food left over and we only ate out once. The rum and the wine were very inexpensive at the liquor store. I spent $40 and had more than we needed. Beer is expensive, bahamian rum is cheap.

We loved Atlantis and the waterpark and beaches. Be sure to try Lukka Kairi in Nassau. Next time we want to try the Fish Fry restaurant area. We definitely want to go back.

What is the "fish fry area" and where is it? Thanks.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up taking 2 checked bags. In the suitcase I had a soft cooler bag in which I packed frozen items including frozen vedges, meat, cheese, yogurt, butter. I also packed Almond milk in shelf stable packaging. I put this in a cardboard box to protect it. In the carry on bag I put all the dry snacks, oatmeal for breakfast. In the FLL airport we purchased liquor in the duty free which allowed us to carry it on but not have to put it in one of our bags. When we got there we used a porter and was only asked if we had any liquor or cigarettes. They never even looked at our bags. We had the taxi stop at a nearby grocery store on the way and purchased water, juice for mixed drinks, fruit. Wine and beer is very expensive. Next time I would take a few bottles of wine with me and less food :)
On the way back we only had one checked bag as we placed the clothes and soft sided duffel bag in the suitcase.

I found several inexpensive wines that I liked. Only beer was outrageous. Bahamian rum is cheap and good!!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
How was it distance wise? Thinking of going with a 2 and 4 year old. I know they won't be able to do much of the water park stuff but concerned with walking/getting around - mostly getting to the beach/pool. Is it pretty stroller accessible?

Water park is pretty big and is fairly easy to walk around with a stroller. There is a section with water features for little ones.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are headed to the Atlantis in two week. The last time I was there was pre 9-11. Was wondering what foods I am allowed/ not allowed to pack? How about wine and liquor? Thanks

We pack a lot of frozen items because the prices are too high. We also eat out because we like the restaurants. Packing frozen items is risky because the resort does not have a refrigerated area if your room is not ready.

Check the Bahamas Custom page for what is allowed. In my experience, they don't seem worried about checking what food people bring in.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found several inexpensive wines that I liked. Only beer was outrageous. Bahamian rum is cheap and good!!

I would say good enough for the price, but there are better.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes

We have a 4 year old and left her with grandma and grandpa for this trip but would totally bring her next time. You can walk with stroller or take stroller on shuttle. There is a great kiddie pool with water playground.