• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

High levels of bacteria in the sea [Myrtle Beach/Hilton Head]

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help. I am completely unfamiliar with the area. Does this include the beaches in front of Anderson Ocean Club and HGVC Ocean 22? Thanks

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I can't tell from the article whether it means HHI has readings 11 times higher than the safe level or it has had levels higher than safe 11 times. Nor can I tell what time period if it is 11 episodes of high levels.
MB usually has higher levels in the summer than the rest of the Grand Strand, the Low Country is usually not as big a problem as MB either.
Both AOC and Ocean 22 are in the city of MB.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the South Carolina state government site that provides the information for the entire coast.
It'll be useful to bookmark when the current year testing begins in May.
http://gis.dhec.sc.gov/beachaccess/

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me understand Myrtle Beach water quality

I have desperately been trying to understand the beach water quality at Myrtle Beach, SC. Can anyone perhaps provide better insight. It sounds as though there is a high level of of bacteria in the water making it unsafe to swim for children and older people. It appears that the state government has issued a "long term swim advisory" local government is downplaying that. And the Natural Resources Defence Council seems to say the situation is NOT good. I just don't want to take a chance with my kids. Could anyone who has a better understanding of the situation please provide input. Thanks.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Are you from the Hilton Head tourism bureau? :rofl:

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is terrible! Seems none of our smartest scientists can come up with a method to teach fish not to defecate in the ocean!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I can't tell from the article whether it means HHI has readings 11 times higher than the safe level or it has had levels higher than safe 11 times. Nor can I tell what time period if it is 11 episodes of high levels.
MB usually has higher levels in the summer than the rest of the Grand Strand, the Low Country is usually not as big a problem as MB either.
Both AOC and Ocean 22 are in the city of MB.

The way I read it, HHI has exceeded the level only 11 times.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, the Obama Admin has reversed course on green-lighting offshore oil drilling in the Atlantic. Cities and towns up and down the SC coast passed resolutions condemning plans to open up the coast for offshore oil exploration and development. I'm sure the bad water already causing "no swim" advisories weighed into the decision not to potentially muck up the ocean waters any further!