• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flumin' Kohala Tour

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Has anybody ever taken this tour on the Big Island. We are going in 2 weeks and have never done this one. This is our 5th trip to the Big Island. We plan on diving 2 days and fishing 1 day. We've done Waipio valley by horse and ATV already. I'd appreciate any feedback on the tour, especially the mosquito situation.

Thanks
Jeff

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did it years ago when it was called Flumin Da Ditch. It is probably run by a different company considering the name change, but I'll tell you my experience.

We were picked up in a small van from the parking area by a young man, young as in probably just got his license and he enjoyed driving crazy as he took us to where we got in our kayaks. The guy we had in the kayak was a very nice local. They fill each kayak with as many people as they can. My group of 3 was with another family. There are some low points where you have to lay completely backward to avoid hitting your head. My daughter said the kid in front of her was slamming his head into her pelvis each time we needed to do that.

The water was ice cold. We went in June. There are parts where you go under dripping water. Some of the guides were purposely soaking their groups, ours didn't do that. I liked our guide a lot, but since the water was ice cold, I would have been really annoyed if I had one of the guides who purposely soaks the guests. I didn't see any mosquitos.

The ride was slow. I was expecting something fast and exciting. If I had 50% off tickets, I might go again if I didn't have anything else to do. I'm not sure that I'd ever tell anyone to do it, but if you have a free day and want to fill it, it will keep you busy for a few hours.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I agree with Presley, its not a thrill ride like an amusement park flume in any way.

If you want something more thrilling try the Kohala Zipline, the last segment is a quarter mile side by side race.

http://www.kohalazipline.com/

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not this one -- but my kids did the one in Kauai a few years ago. It did not live up to their expectations.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Years ago

I did it years ago when it was called Flumin Da Ditch. It is probably run by a different company considering the name change, but I'll tell you my experience.

We were picked up in a small van from the parking area by a young man, young as in probably just got his license and he enjoyed driving crazy as he took us to where we got in our kayaks. The guy we had in the kayak was a very nice local. They fill each kayak with as many people as they can. My group of 3 was with another family. There are some low points where you have to lay completely backward to avoid hitting your head. My daughter said the kid in front of her was slamming his head into her pelvis each time we needed to do that.

The water was ice cold. We went in June. There are parts where you go under dripping water. Some of the guides were purposely soaking their groups, ours didn't do that. I liked our guide a lot, but since the water was ice cold, I would have been really annoyed if I had one of the guides who purposely soaks the guests. I didn't see any mosquitos.

The ride was slow. I was expecting something fast and exciting. If I had 50% off tickets, I might go again if I didn't have anything else to do. I'm not sure that I'd ever tell anyone to do it, but if you have a free day and want to fill it, it will keep you busy for a few hours.
We also did Flumin Da Ditch years ago. My kids were about 12 and 6 and they loved it. The van driver took as rough a drive as he could to make the adults hit their heads and of course that made our kids day. The entertainment was the stories of the guides telling how they grew up swimming in the ditch and their different adventures.
We did this as the gift for going to a presentation. It was way over priced but came way down with our gifted discount. It was fun, not exciting but a nice afternoon.