• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie - Wyndham resale vs developer

Reaction score
What exactly do we lose by buying resale? Waiting on closing for our first timeshare! Arp, wyndham bonnet creek. Looking thru the club wyndam plus members directory, I understand we can't roll over points or get vip status (which we wouldn't anyway at 346,000 points). Is there a list of what's lost by by buying resale? or Could you help name what's lost for us and others? The one big question I have is do we get to book everywhere in the directory ay 10months out?

Thanks in advance!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say ARP are you ARP for bonnst Creek, or is it part of club Wyndham access, deeded converted to points, and my best guess, deeded points Wyndham Plus, with ARP for bonnet creek?

That's a nice around of points. Wish it was 4 more thousand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, NYC is 350,00 for week to start, studio. We went there lastbyear over the 4th of July.

My wife and I started in resale back in '85. My oldest was hypertensive and bad allergies. We had some great vacations thanks to timesharing. At your level you will do good. Plan to book early.

ekajun1957

Reaction score
Well you need to continue reading the book and researching on here. You can rollover points in Wyndham but you must do it in November if your use year begins in January. Cost $39 and good from three years from day you roll them. Its called Points Credit Pool. Once you do this the points can only be used for booking in the Wyndham points system during standard and express reservation times.
No you can't get to VIP status buying resale. Biggest to me is with VIP you get the reduced points benefit for booking less than 60 days before travel and free upgrades. You get added ARP outside your home location.
Some fees are not collected for VIP and no needed housekeeping credits.
And extended time for credit pooling of points.
Guess that's most significant things.
So keep studying and learn to use the system and if you bought to improve your own vacations then you won't ever think I should have spent tons more and become VIP.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are three differences that come to mind.

1: Resale points cannot be used to qualify for the various VIP levels. Most agree that the benefits that accrue to VIP members are not worth the price differential it costs to get there if you have to buy in today.

2: If you have *no* direct purchases in your account, you are not enrolled in PlusPartners. The main way this can impact you is that you will not have access to RCI Points inventory, only RCI Weeks inventory. Once upon a time, you could pay to enroll a resale-only account in PlusPartners for $2400---that might still be true, I do not know. However, given the current RCI Weeks exchange agreement with Wyndham, I do not think the additional access is worth that price. Others may disagree.

3: You cannot use resale points for Club Pass reservations to cross-book WorldMark inventory. Alternate ways to get WorldMark inventory include RCI exchanges (unlikely for prime time in high-demand resorts), a direct exchange with a WorldMark owner, or renting from a WorldMark owner.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can rollover points in Wyndham but you must do it in November if your use year begins in January.
Just a clarification: non-VIP members must place their points in the Credit Pool before the start of the use year. So, the last day to Pool January UY points is the last day in December of the year prior during which the Vacation Planning office is open.

Reaction score
Thanks! Are we able to use it with all the resorts in the directory at ten months out- worldmark, margaritavilla, associate resorts?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
to sum up, nothing of any consequence is lost buying resale that you cant get with money, and a whole lot less money than buying from Wyndham

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

1: Resale points cannot be used to qualify for the various VIP levels. Most agree that the benefits that accrue to VIP members are not worth the price differential it costs to get there if you have to buy in today.

2: If you have *no* direct purchases in your account, you are not enrolled in PlusPartners. The main way this can impact you is that you will not have access to RCI Points inventory, only RCI Weeks inventory. Once upon a time, you could pay to enroll a resale-only account in PlusPartners for $2400---that might still be true, I do not know. However, given the current RCI Weeks exchange agreement with Wyndham, I do not think the additional access is worth that price. Others may disagree.

3: You cannot use resale points for Club Pass reservations to cross-book WorldMark inventory. Alternate ways to get WorldMark inventory include RCI exchanges (unlikely for prime time), a direct exchange with a WorldMark owner, or renting from a WorldMark owner.
To your point number two. Being bonnet Creek, how many trading units do you think he could get through RCI?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
worldmark, margaritavilla, associate resorts?
WorldMark: no, these are Club Pass resorts.
Margaritaville: I think those are exclusive to those who own (some) Hawaii locations, or something like that.
Associate Resorts: In principle yes, in practice no. There is almost no inventory that crosses over from associate resorts.

Edited to add: Ty1on is correct; MVille is VIP only (or those that own at an MVille resort).

Consider yourself limited to the Club Wyndham resorts, which is still a substantial network.

Being bonnet Creek, how many trading units do you think he could get through RCI?
Wyndham owners don't deposit specific resorts/weeks to RCI, just generic points. So, where you own doesn't matter. The Wyndham/RCI portal uses a fixed grid based on destination, unit size, and season. Wyndham owners who are also enrolled in PlusPartners can use the portal to exchange into Weeks or Points inventory, but the point values are the same. Wyndham owners not enrolled in PlusPartners see only Weeks inventory. As always, an ongoing search will only match to Weeks inventory, not to Points inventory.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Are we able to use it with all the resorts in the directory at ten months out- worldmark, margaritavilla, associate resorts?

You can book any Wyndham....I believe MVille is VIP only. You cannot book Worldmark, but some properties have both Wyndham and Worldmark units, and you can book those Wyndham units if they are available.

Reaction score
So, I'm excited I can Credit pool being a resale!
I also understand my membership won't allow us to be apart of club pass.

I am confused by all these terms, I've read that directory over and over. So with a resale udi will my membership be apart of wyndham club plus?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I'm excited I can Credit pool being a resale!
I also understand my membership won't allow us to be apart of club pass.

I am confused by all these terms, I've read that directory over and over. So with a resale udi will my membership be apart of wyndham club plus?

Club Wyndham Plus is the name of the points system. Everyone who has points, direct or resale, Access or Margaritalle or presidential reserve or standard, UDI or Fixed Week Conversion, is a member of Club Wyndham Plus.

Reaction score
Club Wyndham Plus is the name of the points system. Everyone who has points, direct or resale, Access or Margaritalle or presidential reserve or standard, UDI or Fixed Week Conversion, is a member of Club Wyndham Plus.

I got it now! When Wyndham speaks of Club Wyndham I think they put the plus in there to confuse new people. lol

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To your point number two. Being bonnet Creek, how many trading units do you think he could get through RCI?

None,................

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought, didn't want killed for being wrong

judah62

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Orlando

3: You cannot use resale points for Club Pass reservations to cross-book WorldMark inventory. Alternate ways to get WorldMark inventory include RCI exchanges (unlikely for prime time in high-demand resorts), a direct exchange with a WorldMark owner, or renting from a WorldMark owner.
Hi.
I found your information on Wyndham resale very interesting. I recently purchased a small parcel of points from Wyndham and got enrollment in Plus Partners. If I was to buy more points (resale) would this contract be assigned to plus partners? hoping you can help with this.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
What exactly do we lose by buying resale? Waiting on closing for our first timeshare! Arp, wyndham bonnet creek. Looking thru the club wyndam plus members directory, I understand we can't roll over points or get vip status (which we wouldn't anyway at 346,000 points). Is there a list of what's lost by by buying resale? or Could you help name what's lost for us and others? The one big question I have is do we get to book everywhere in the directory ay 10months out?

Thanks in advance!
http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/wyndham_points_introduction.html

start here - outlines all you need to know about purchasing resale. Sounds like you are already committed - but here is more information that will help you understand what you are acquired.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I found your information on Wyndham resale very interesting. I recently purchased a small parcel of points from Wyndham and got enrollment in Plus Partners. If I was to buy more points (resale) would this contract be assigned to plus partners? hoping you can help with this.
PlusPartners is a per-account attribute, not a per-contract attribute. As long as the contracts end up in the same account, all can be used for Plus Partners features.

judah62

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Orlando
PlusPartners is a per-account attribute, not a per-contract attribute. As long as the contracts end up in the same account, all can be used for Plus Partners features.
Thank You that makes things a lot clearer.