• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Surprise Email today

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are HGVC Elite, check your email. I just got something that they have never given out before. I don't want to say what it is in case someone else didn't get it and will have a melt down if they didn't one. The email looks like it is bulk and went out to everyone. I am pleased that they have listened to our complaints and are offering a very small show of appreciation.

EDIT: I just checked my account and don't see what they said in the email. I wonder if it is call in only.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I got the same email. I agree that it is better than the calendar featuring old people frolicking on the beach like we got last year. :p

Kurt

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the same email. I agree that it is better than the calendar featuring old people frolicking on the beach like we got last year. :p

Kurt

I got it as well. Nice gesture, I suppose. But I'd need 10 "nice gestures" to be able to redeem them for a free night at a mid-range Hampton Inn. So not much value other than "better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick" as far as I'm concerned. :zzz:

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

So is this our 2016 Elite gift?

I got a really nice pen for checking in at Marbrisa. And the luggage tags a year or two ago were nice (until they broke and fell off at some point between Denver and Kings' Land).

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did either of you actually get it? It says they deposited into my account, but my account shows nothing. It doesn't show up under my RCI points, either.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nothing in my HHonors account activity yet, but I was going to give them a few days before inquiring.

Kurt

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing in my HHonors account activity yet, but I was going to give them a few days before inquiring.

Kurt

:doh: I had to go back and read the email after seeing your post. I initially thought we were getting 2500 bonus points, not 2500 hilton honors bonus points. :rofl: I guess they aren't being as generous as I thought. :rofl: I wouldn't even notice if they added or retracted 2500 honors points out of my account.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come on guys why does this has to be a secret for elite only ?

Regards

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come on guys why does this has to be a secret for elite only ?

Regards

Presley wrote it 3 minutes before you wrote this..

In case anyone needed a cash value of the ever so generous offer, it is around $12......

yet another reason why I am glad I bought resale.... I might not get that generous offer, but I saved $30k...

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. They say "Hilton Hhonors bonus points". Those really don't exist. There are HGVC "bonus points" and there are "Hilton Hhonors" points. Hopefully they just meant "bonus points" and we'll see them in HGVC. But I'm sure they are talking about HH points which are worthless at that level.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hilton Honors Points can get you some nice vacations

Interesting. They say "Hilton Hhonors bonus points". Those really don't exist. There are HGVC "bonus points" and there are "Hilton Hhonors" points. Hopefully they just meant "bonus points" and we'll see them in HGVC. But I'm sure they are talking about HH points which are worthless at that level.

Members are constantly dissing Hilton Honors and Hilton Honors Points. I agree it would be nice if every room could be reserved for the old 40,000 points or less the way it was when I became a member. However, recently I have reserved some nice vacations using my points for reasonable numbers of points.

Washington DC is very expensive, but at 50,000 points a night I made two 5 night reservations for my Daughter, SIL, Grandchildren, wife and I in downtown Washington DC in August for 400,000 points since you get the 5th night free.

At 30,000 points a night I made two 2 night reservations for Daughter, SIL, Grandchildren, wife and I for the summer of 2014 in Oneonta, NY so we could visit the Baseball Hall of fame in Cooperstown.

NY City is very expensive, but at 60,000 points I made a reservation for last July 3rd in midtown Manhattan for 1 night so we could attend a show.

Every September we attend my wife's class reunion in Tarrytown, NY for 30,000 points a night.

Honolulu is very expensive, but we have extended our timeshare stays at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 50,000 points per night.

The 5000 point gift is small and won't get you a night on its own. But 5000 points here, and 500 points there, and a few thousand points a month for credit card expenditures using the Surpass Card, and paying your substantial maintenance fees with your Surpass Card and you can have some nice vacations for free.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Members are constantly dissing Hilton Honors and Hilton Honors Points. I agree it would be nice if every room could be reserved for the old 40,000 points or less the way it was when I became a member. However, recently I have reserved some nice vacations using my points for reasonable numbers of points.

Washington DC is very expensive, but at 50,000 points a night I made two 5 night reservations for my Daughter, SIL, Grandchildren, wife and I in downtown Washington DC in August for 400,000 points since you get the 5th night free.

At 30,000 points a night I made two 2 night reservations for Daughter, SIL, Grandchildren, wife and I for the summer of 2014 in Oneonta, NY so we could visit the Baseball Hall of fame in Cooperstown.

NY City is very expensive, but at 60,000 points I made a reservation for last July 3rd in midtown Manhattan for 1 night so we could attend a show.

Every September we attend my wife's class reunion in Tarrytown, NY for 30,000 points a night.

Honolulu is very expensive, but we have extended our timeshare stays at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 50,000 points per night.

The 5000 point gift is small and won't get you a night on its own. But 5000 points here, and 500 points there, and a few thousand points a month for credit card expenditures using the Surpass Card, and paying your substantial maintenance fees with your Surpass Card and you can have some nice vacations for free.
To be clear, their system works when you fully understand how to maximize value. .the problem is that over the last 5 years all their actions have devalued points...rooms that used to cost 40k now cost 60k...etc..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Timeshare Systems and Hilton Honors System

To be clear, their system works when you fully understand how to maximize value. .the problem is that over the last 5 years all their actions have devalued points...rooms that used to cost 40k now cost 60k...etc..

I agree with you on the need for understanding. To maximize the value you need to understand how both timeshare systems and the Hilton Honors systems work. You also need to plan ahead and book ahead and not be impulsive and want to go when you want, where you want, leaving tomorrow.

However, with my experiences above, which include 3 of the most expensive cities in the country, only over the top NY City was 60,000 points.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Presley wrote it 3 minutes before you wrote this..

In case anyone needed a cash value of the ever so generous offer, it is around $12......
Yep. Last year it was a calendar sent in fancy packaging. The HHonors points is an upgrade.

yet another reason why I am glad I bought resale.... I might not get that generous offer, but I saved $30k...

And there are a few of us here that only bought resale and obtained "elite" status. ;)

Kurt

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. Last year it was a calendar sent in fancy packaging. The HHonors points is an upgrade.

And there are a few of us here that only bought resale and obtained "elite" status. ;)

Kurt
I wish elite status for resale was still an option. .:(

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:doh: I had to go back and read the email after seeing your post. I initially thought we were getting 2500 bonus points, not 2500 hilton honors bonus points. :rofl: I guess they aren't being as generous as I thought. :rofl: I wouldn't even notice if they added or retracted 2500 honors points out of my account.

Damn! I'd be really excited if they were going to give us 2500 HGVC points! :whoopie:

Kurt

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

Actually Hilton has two classes of points. Base point count towards your HH status and come from hotel stays. They use the term "Bonus Points" for HHonors points award for other activity... Your credit card points, and other are all considered Bonus Points....

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish elite status for resale was still an option. .:(

I got Elite via a loophole and I believe Pigsdad did, too. If sales are down far enough, you could probably get Elite from resales, but why would you want to?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got Elite via a loophole and I believe Pigsdad did, too. If sales are down far enough, you could probably get Elite from resales, but why would you want to?
If the price is right, some of the perks may be financially viable.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the HHonors points bonus back on Dec 30, 2015. I didn't know what they were for until I got the email a few days ago.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe Elite still may be possible for Resales

If the price is right, some of the perks may be financially viable.

I believe that Elite status still might be available for resales through an HGVC authorized reseller. We bought a number of our timeshares that way in the mid 2000 and got Elite Plus status. The last time I was in South Beach in 2015 there was an HGVC authorized reseller at the South Beach resort selling HGVC South Beach resales. I believe the price was more than you could buy from a private broker, but less than you could buy at an HGVC presentation.

Hubley

Reaction score
Elitee email

What email are you talking about. I don't think we received anything. Please let me know so I can investigate
Thank you

djsecrist

Reaction score
It was just a short email saying thank you for being elite and stating that 2500 HHonors points had been gifted to us. The points posted around the last day of last year. If they added another zero to the end of that amount, I *might* have noticed without receiving the email also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archsof

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that Elite status still might be available for resales through an HGVC authorized reseller. We bought a number of our timeshares that way in the mid 2000 and got Elite Plus status. The last time I was in South Beach in 2015 there was an HGVC authorized reseller at the South Beach resort selling HGVC South Beach resales. I believe the price was more than you could buy from a private broker, but less than you could buy at an HGVC presentation.

Indeed. We purchased two South Beach to move up to Elite Plus. You must have already purchased a retail property and purchase the resale through a Hilton office outside of corporate. Closed on Dec 10,'15. Corporate tried to sell us less points, still achieving Elite Plus, for about 50% more as a resale with Scotland vs. South Beach. Usual attempt to throw bonus points our way after we said no and a day late.

Also, did not notice the 2500 points in HHonors. Checked and it's there from Dec 30th.

Last edited: