• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point at Poipu question

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was just confirmed for an II exchange to Point of Poipu 2 BR. Understand that the bed configuration for the second bedroom varies by building, is this right?
What should I request to avoid twin beds in bedroom 2? And, is the resort fee $25 per day?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
If you contact the front desk at PoipuFrontDesk@diamondresorts.com a day ahead of checkin, they'll connect the two twin beds and make them up as a king size bed. There are a few rooms that don't have air conditioning in the second bedroom (although they do leave an extra fan in the closet). You can request that you not be given that kind of room. I can't answer the resort fee question.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you contact the front desk at PoipuFrontDesk@diamondresorts.com a day ahead of checkin, they'll connect the two twin beds and make them up as a king size bed. There are a few rooms that don't have air conditioning in the second bedroom (although they do leave an extra fan in the closet). You can request that you not be given that kind of room. I can't answer the resort fee question.

Thanks for sharing this very important piece of information.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing this very important piece of information.

Having one of the rooms with no A/C in the 2nd bedroom can be nice if you're not using that bedroom, because the dining area will have A/C. Of course, most the time you won't need A/C in Poipu, but when the trade winds stop working, it can get hot and humid.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Yes there is a daily resort fee of $25 when trading into Point of Poipu. I believe this is true even for DRI Members that trade in and don't use their DRI Membership to reserve a condo.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Having one of the rooms with no A/C in the 2nd bedroom can be nice if you're not using that bedroom, because the dining area will have A/C. Of course, most the time you won't need A/C in Poipu, but when the trade winds stop working, it can get hot and humid.

The rooms that don't have A/C in the second bedroom are located in buildings that have a convex curve toward the ocean, such as Building 2, 5, and 9. At those bends there will be a unit that is narrow in the front and wide to the rear. In those units, the second bedroom will be at the rear, and will not have A/C. (But as you noted both the master bedroom and the dining area will then have AC.)

In my mind, the bigger issue with those units is that the window in that second bedroom opens to the outside walkway on the back side of the building. Since the room doesn't have A/C, it is often necessary to have that window open at night. But then you have people walking right past that open window. And you know, if wind is blowing the curtains are moving, etc.

I don't mind those rooms if it's just DW and I. But if you need to use both bedrooms, the arrangement is far from desirable. So when we have more people, I put in a request to not be assigned one of those units.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a daily resort fee of $25 when trading into Point of Poipu. I believe this is true even for DRI Members that trade in and don't use their DRI Membership to reserve a condo.

This is true. We did that one year with points that had expired the previous year and couldn't be saved - the only way we could use them to get back to the Point was to make a reservation through II. And we then had to pay the resort fee.

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

Now for another important question, are there wine glasses in the unit and what type are they? Last timeshare I was in they were basically coke bottle glass, need to know if I should pack some.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks all!

Now for another important question, are there wine glasses in the unit and what type are they? Last timeshare I was in they were basically coke bottle glass, need to know if I should pack some.

Here's what the wine glasses look like. Note, that this is a model room, and you won't find the fancy napkins in your unit, but the rest of the dinnerware is standard.

147%20-%20furniture%20in%20newly%20renovated%20buildings-L.jpg

If you've never stayed at the resort, here's some pictures you might enjoy:

https://artringwald.smugmug.com/Travel/The-Point-at-Poipu/

Dollie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stemless

Thanks all!

Just returned from three weeks at the Point. In 4-203 ocean front suite the wine glasses were not stemmed. They were the stemless version. In previous visits the suite had stemmed glasses.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score