• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What you can see at the Marriott Destinations Web Site

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if my limited number of 2016 DPs is keeping me from seeing what I could truly book at the web site? I have a ton that I can grab from 2017, but I don't want to have to use them all this year, as I am short on vacation time this year. I am Chairman's level, so they probably would be still good for next year. I like searching at the site, rather than calling the 800 number to check things out, but perhaps the low 2016 balance is hampering what truly is available to me.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The system will show 'No Availability' for anything you search for that you don't have enough points for. Try searching for only one night and use the flexible option. As long as you have enough points for a single night, this technique will show you what nights are available three days before and after the checkin date you pick.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply. This may be a reason why some people feel that the DP program has been disappointing to them.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ability to search for a single night at 13 months out as a Chairman's Club member is a major advantage in finding availability. I do all my searches that way.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for the prompt reply. This may be a reason why some people feel that the DP program has been disappointing to them.

Any time you don't have enough points for the stay you want, you will be disappointing. Searching for a single night or multiple nights isn't going to help anyone get the stay they want if they want stays that simply are not available.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Just wondering if my limited number of 2016 DPs is keeping me from seeing what I could truly book at the web site? I have a ton that I can grab from 2017, but I don't want to have to use them all this year, as I am short on vacation time this year. I am Chairman's level, so they probably would be still good for next year. I like searching at the site, rather than calling the 800 number to check things out, but perhaps the low 2016 balance is hampering what truly is available to me.

If you have elected points for 2017 the system will show availability that you can reserve by borrowing those points. It will not do so if you have the ability to elect the 2017 points but have not yet done so.